English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Vice President Naidu takes ‘dynasty is nasty but tasty to some’ dig at Rahul Gandhi

Published

on

Vice President Naidu takes ‘dynasty is nasty but tasty to some’ dig at Rahul Gandhi

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Vice President clarifies that he isn’t commenting against a specific party or individual but the Congress is expectedly unhappy

In a not-so-veiled dig at Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi for claiming during his recent interaction with students at University of California, Berkeley that “most of India” runs through dynasts, India’s vice president Venkaiah Naidu has said that “dynasty is nasty but tasty to some”.

The comments by Naidu have predictably rankled the Congress party which has said that as India’s vice president, the former BJP leader isn’t expected to make political statements and that if he continues to do so then the principal Opposition party will be forced to respond without considering protocol.

Addressing an event organised on Friday evening to launch a book written by former Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi, Naidu had said: “There is discussion about dynasty. Dynasty and democracy cannot go together. Very simple… it weakens our system… I used to say it earlier, but now I hesitate to say it because I am out of politics. Dynasty in democracy is nasty but it is tasty to some people”.

The comments by the ‘apolitical’ Indian vice president were seen as a direct rebuttal to equally controversial remarks by the Congress vice president.

Earlier this week during an interaction with the students at UC, Berkeley, Rahul had been asked about being a “dynast” and the role of dynasty in Indian politics. He had responded to the question saying: “Most of the country runs like this (through dynasts). Akhilesh Yadav is a dynast. Stalin is a dynast. Dhumal’s son is a dynast. Even Abhishek Bachchan is a dynast. Also Mr. Ambani. That’s how India runs. So don’t just go after me,” while conceding that dynasty was a “problem” in India.

Though Naidu qualified his “dynasty is nasty but tasty to some” comments by immediately claiming that “I am not keeping in mind any particular party — this party or that party — as someone said everybody is trying to follow each other”, his remarks were in line with the massive criticism unleashed by a posse of BJP Union ministers and spokespersons against the Congress vice president in the aftermath of his Berkeley address.

While Union information and broadcasting minister Smriti Irani had hit out at Rahul calling him a “failed dynast”, BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra had slammed the Congress vice president for allegedly maligning India’s image on foreign soil.

But while the likes of Irani and Patra are still active players in the political arena, Naidu holds a constitutional post that is supposed to be apolitical – something he underlined when he said that he was now “out of politics”.

However, this isn’t the first instance of Naidu making somewhat political comments that are in line with the BJP’s official statements on controversial issues. Earlier, when he had won the vice presidential polls but hadn’t officially taken the oath of office, Naidu had hit out at his predecessor Hamid Ansari. Ansari’s comments about Muslims in India “living under a feeling of unease and insecurity” had been slammed by the BJP and Naidu had jumped into the row by asserting that “some people are saying minorities are insecure. It is a political propaganda.”

Soon after Naidu’s dig at Rahul, the Congress sought to remind him that he now holds a constitutional office and shouldn’t be making political attacks against individuals. Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam tweeted:[/vc_column_text][vc_raw_html]JTNDYmxvY2txdW90ZSUyMGNsYXNzJTNEJTIydHdpdHRlci10d2VldCUyMiUyMGRhdGEtbGFuZyUzRCUyMmVuJTIyJTNFJTNDcCUyMGxhbmclM0QlMjJlbiUyMiUyMGRpciUzRCUyMmx0ciUyMiUzRUl0cyUyMHVuYmVjb21pbmclMjBvZiUyMFZpY2UlMjBQcmVzaWRlbnQlMjB0byUyMGdldCUyMGludG8lMjBwb2xpdGljYWwlMjBtdWQlMjBzbGFuZ2luZyUyMG90aGVyd2lzZSUyMGV2ZW4lMjB3ZSUyMG1heSUyMGZvcmdldCUyMGFib3V0JTIwaGlzJTIwY29uc3RpdHV0aW9uYWwlMjBwcm90b2NvbCUyMCUyNmFtcCUzQiUyMGl6emF0LiUyMCUzQ2ElMjBocmVmJTNEJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ0LmNvJTJGQndQN1JZWmE3TCUyMiUzRWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGdC5jbyUyRkJ3UDdSWVphN0wlM0MlMkZhJTNFJTNDJTJGcCUzRSUyNm1kYXNoJTNCJTIwU2FuamF5JTIwTmlydXBhbSUyMCUyOCU0MHNhbmpheW5pcnVwYW0lMjklMjAlM0NhJTIwaHJlZiUzRCUyMmh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGdHdpdHRlci5jb20lMkZzYW5qYXluaXJ1cGFtJTJGc3RhdHVzJTJGOTA4OTIzNzYxMDY3NTQ0NTc3JTIyJTNFU2VwdGVtYmVyJTIwMTYlMkMlMjAyMDE3JTNDJTJGYSUzRSUzQyUyRmJsb2NrcXVvdGUlM0UlMEElM0NzY3JpcHQlMjBhc3luYyUyMHNyYyUzRCUyMiUyRiUyRnBsYXRmb3JtLnR3aXR0ZXIuY29tJTJGd2lkZ2V0cy5qcyUyMiUyMGNoYXJzZXQlM0QlMjJ1dGYtOCUyMiUzRSUzQyUyRnNjcmlwdCUzRQ==[/vc_raw_html][/vc_column][/vc_row]

India News

Champat Rai, Anil Mishra get clean chit in Ram Temple donation theft case 

The SIT probing alleged donation theft at the Ayodhya Ram Temple has cleared former Trust general secretary Champat Rai and former member Anil Mishra.

Published

on

The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing alleged irregularities in donation management at the Ayodhya Ram Temple has cleared former Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust general secretary Champat Rai and former Trust member Anil Mishra.

The Uttar Pradesh Home Department on Monday handed over the SIT’s final report to the Trust, which will now take further action based on the findings.

Rai and Mishra had resigned from their positions on June 27 after allegations of donation theft emerged. The two former Trust members were subsequently questioned by the SIT about the temple’s donation management process.

Champat Rai denied involvement in donation theft

According to sources, Champat Rai told investigators during questioning that he had no role in the alleged theft. He reportedly said that the suspects were arrested following his complaint.

Rai also told the police that ensuring there were no irregularities in donation collection was part of his responsibility and that he acted after learning about the alleged wrongdoing.

SIT was formed before Supreme Court intervention

The three-member SIT was constituted by the Uttar Pradesh government on June 13 at the request of the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust.

Lucknow Divisional Commissioner Vijay Vishwas Pant headed the panel. Range Inspector General Kiran S and Special Secretary (Finance) Neel Ratan Kumar were the other members.

The SIT submitted its preliminary report to the state government on June 23 and made several stringent recommendations.

Following the preliminary report, Trust member Krishnamohan filed a written complaint at the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi police station. An FIR was subsequently registered on June 25.

Eight people named in FIR

The FIR named Avinash Shukla, Anukalp Mishra, Lavkush Mishra, Manish Kumar Yadav, Karunesh Pandey, Ramashankar Mishra, Subhash Srivastava and Ram Shankar Yadav, alias Tinnu, along with other unidentified individuals.

According to the provided report, all eight named accused were arrested and booked under relevant provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and Section 13(1)(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act.

The SIT’s preliminary findings also formed the basis for subsequent FIRs and arrest-related action in the case.

Continue Reading

India News

Himanta Sarma accuses Sonia, Rahul of provoking unrest over Vande Mataram row

Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma criticised Sonia and Rahul Gandhi over the Vande Mataram controversy and accused Congress of provoking unrest.

Published

on

Himanta sharma

Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday criticised Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over the controversy surrounding the rendition of Vande Mataram at the party headquarters in New Delhi on Independence Day.

Sarma questioned how the Congress would govern if it returned to power, alleging that the conduct of its senior leaders during the national song had raised concerns.

“During Vande Mataram, the way Sonia Gandhi behaved and the song was stopped midway clearly indicates that if Congress mistakenly comes to power, the country will face a worse situation,” Mr Sarma said.

The Assam Chief Minister also accused Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi of encouraging protests in the name of Gen Z.

“Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi have almost taken a decision to oppose the country in the name of Gen Z. They are provoking people to protest and trying hard to create a bad environment in the country,” he said.

Sarma further alleged that such actions could contribute to instability in the country.

“I am not bothered about these things, but these people are working against the country and provoking the people of the country to protest and bring anarchy,” he said.

What triggered the Vande Mataram controversy

The political row erupted after footage from the Congress Independence Day programme on August 15 surfaced on social media. The video showed senior Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Mallikarjun Kharge, during the rendition of Vande Mataram.

BJP leaders have interpreted gestures seen in the footage as an attempt to interrupt the national song. The Congress, however, has rejected that interpretation.

The issue has since become a political flashpoint, with BJP leaders accusing the Congress of disrespecting Vande Mataram.

A complaint seeking action against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over the alleged disruption is also being examined by the Delhi Police.

Continue Reading

India News

BJP unveils 64-member national team with 3 former CMs, 18 MPs and 10 women

The BJP’s new 64-member national team includes three former chief ministers, 18 sitting MPs and 10 women, with representation from 23 states and Union Territories.

Published

on

The BJP’s new 64-member team of national office bearers brings together former chief ministers, sitting MPs, women leaders and representatives from different social and regional groups as the party prepares for the 2029 Lok Sabha election.

The team, headed by BJP national president Nitin Nabin, includes three former chief ministers, 18 sitting MPs and 10 women leaders. More than 40 per cent of the members belong to deprived communities, according to the details of the appointments.

Northeast gets special focus

The new organisational team includes leaders from 23 states and Union Territories, giving the party’s national leadership a broad geographical representation.

The Northeast has received particular attention, with three leaders from Tripura, Assam and Nagaland included in the team. The BJP’s North-East Coordination Cell will also continue to function under the leadership of Sambit Patra.

The team includes four tribal representatives, with one each from West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and the Northeast. Two of these representatives are women.

Three members from Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh represent the Scheduled Castes in the new team.

Representation across communities

The BJP’s national office bearers also include 10 experienced women leaders from different parts of the country.

The team has representation from different religious communities, including one Sikh, two Christians, one Muslim, one Jain and one Parsi member, alongside Hindu leaders.

Former chief ministers and MPs add experience

The organisational team brings considerable administrative and political experience, with former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat and former Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb among the members.

Four leaders with previous experience in the Union government and one sitting Union minister are also part of the team.

The new national office bearers include 18 sitting Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha members, bringing legislative experience and their connection with constituencies to the organisation.

Professionals and younger leaders add to the team

The team also brings together people from varied professional and academic backgrounds. It includes two professors, four practising doctors, as well as PhD holders, engineers, chartered accountants and lawyers.

The appointments to various Morchas are expected to bring organisational experience, fresh energy and domain expertise to the BJP’s national team.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com