English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Delhi woman dies after being set ablaze by live-in partner in tussle over drugs

After the recent horrific murders of Nikki Yadav and Neha, another similar case of a horrifying killing has come to light from Delhi’s Aman Vihar where a 28-year-old woman died, Monday, days after she was reportedly set on fire by her live-in partner after an argument over drugs

Published

on

Delhi woman dies

After the recent horrific murders of Nikki Yadav and Neha, another similar case of a horrifying killing has come to light from Delhi’s Aman Vihar where a 28-year-old woman died, Monday, days after she was reportedly set on fire by her live-in partner after an argument over drugs.

According to the police, the victim, who worked as a labourer at a footwear factory, was a resident of northwest Delhi’s Balbir Vihar.

An official said that on February 11, the police were informed that a woman with severe burn injuries was admitted in the SGM Hospital and arrived at the medical facility, However, the official said, the victim was not in a condition to provide a statement to the police due to her condition.

He said the woman was shifted to Safdarjung Hospital and from there to AIIMS Trauma Centre for advanced treatment where she succumbed to her injuries on Monday.

The official said that police filed a case and started an investigation during which it was revealed that the deceased had left her husband and was living with the accused, identified as Mohit, for the past six years, adding that the victim mothered two kids, one from her husband and the other from the accused.

The woman’s family filed a complaint against the accused in which they alleged that on February 10, the victim had an argument with Mohit after she caught him taking drugs at a friend’s house. The complaint further claimed that an irate Mohit allegedly doused the victim with tarpin oil and set her ablaze.

Read Also: Policeman hacked to death by Naxals in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur

She died of her injuries on Monday and police were unable to get a statement from her due to her critical condition, said an official.

He said the accused has been detained and a murder case registered in this regard at Aman Vihar police station, adding that further investigations are underway.

The accused allegedly poured ‘tarpin oil’ over her and set her on fire, the police said.

The killing comes in the backdrop of a raging debate over live-in relationships triggered by a series of women being murdered by their live-in partners.

Recently, 23-year-old Nikki Yadav was allegedly strangled to death with a USB cable by her live-in boyfriend, Sahil Gehlot, on the intervening night of February 9-10, who then dumped her body in a refrigerator in his Dhaba on the outskirts of Mitraon village in southwest Delhi.

The body was recovered after three days. Sahil, reportedly, married another woman on the same he murdered Nikki.

The case bears an eerie resemblance to the infamous Shraddha Walkar murder case, where the victim’s body was cut into pieces and hidden inside a freezer.

Shraddha was allegedly strangled, chopped into several pieces, and disposed of at different locations of a forest area in south Delhi for several months by her live-in partner Aaftab Amin Poonawala.

The accused, 28-year-old Aaftab Amin Poonawala, allegedly sawed Shraddha Walkar’s body into 35 pieces and kept them in a 300-litre fridge for almost three weeks at his residence in south Delhi’s Mehrauli before dumping them across the city over several days. Poonawala is currently in jail facing trial.

In another similar case, a 37-year-old Nurse, Neha, was slain by her live-in partner, in Maharashtra’s Palghar on earlier this week. As per the police, the accused, who was in a relationship with the victim for the past three years and living with her from the past six months, stuffed her body in bed storage and fled.

Railways cancel around 500 trains, reschedule and divert routes of over 100 trains, check full list here

Was offered lead role in 2005 Bollywood film Gangster, says former Pakistani pacer Shoaib Akhtar

India News

Prime Minister Narendra Modi reveals plan for ambitious 2047 Viksit Bharat project, says work for the project has been ongoing for last 2 years

The Prime Minister said that he does not mean to scare or suppress anyone, but rather has plans to make India a developed nation by 2047.

Published

on

A day after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) released its election manifesto, which aims at building a Viksit Bharat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in an interview with the media, outlined his vision for India’s development by 2047. He also addressed concerns raised by the opposition parties, who suggest that the BJP might seek to amend the Constitution if re-elected in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave his assurance to the people that they do not need to fear when he said that he has big plans for the country in his election speeches. Explaining statement, the Prime Minister said that he does not mean to scare or suppress anyone, but rather has plans to make India a developed nation by 2047.

Speaking to the media, PM Modi said, when he says that he has big plans, no one should be scared. He said he does not take decisions to scare or run-over anyone, he takes decisions for the wholesome development of the country. He added the government always says they have done everything.  He said he did not believe that he had done everything. He added he had tried to do everything in the right direction, yet there is so much he needed to do, because he saw that his country has so many needs.

The Prime minister asked how did he fulfill the dreams of every family? He said this is the reason why he said this has been a trailer. PM Modi said he had been working on the ambitious 2047 Viksit Bharat project for the past two years. And for that, he asked for opinions and suggestions from people across India.  He said he had taken suggestions from more than 15 lakh people on how they want to see India in the coming 25 years.

Continue Reading

India News

Kangana Ranaut meets Dalai Lama in Dharamshala shares pictures on social media ahead of Lok Sabha elections, post goes viral

The Bollywood actor met Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama in Himachal Pradesh’s Dharamshala and said it as one of the most memorable moments of her life.

Published

on

The Bollywood actor and BJP candidate for the Mandi Lok Sabha seat met Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama in Himachal Pradesh’s Dharamshala on Monday. She said it as one of the most memorable moments of her life. Kangana Ranaut also shared pictures on social media.

The Lok Sabha elections in Himachal Pradesh are scheduled for June 1, marking the seventh phase of elections to elect four members of the 18th Lok Sabha. As the voting day is still over a month away, candidates contesting in the 4 constituencies are actively participating in various campaign activities. Among them, the BJP’s star candidate Kangana Ranaut, who is contesting from Mandi against Congress’s Vikramaditya Singh, is leaving no stone unturned to win the votes of the people.

Kangana Ranaut also shared what Dalai Lama told her during the meeting. She said, his Holiness ji said that he enjoys being in Himachal Pradesh and absolutely loves Bharat. She said this is such a privilege and such an honour. After her meeting with the spiritual leader, the actor told the media that it was divine. She said it was an experience which she will cherish all her life. She thought it is exceptional to be in the presence of such a being who has sheer divinity around him. She said it was very emotional for her and ex-CM Jairam Thakur. She added she will cherish this experience all her life.

Earlier, Kangana Ranaut slammed Himachal Pradesh minister Vikramaditya Singh for calling her the queen of controversies while she was addressing a poll rally in Mandi. She said, Yeh tumhare baap-dada ki riyasat nahin hai, ke tum mujhe dara, dhamka ke vapis bhej doge. She further added this is the new Bharat of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, where a small, poor boy who used to sell tea is the biggest hero and pradhan sevak of the people.

Continue Reading

India News

Election Commission records highest inducement seizure of Rs 4,650 crore ahead of Lok Sabha election

The Election Commission of India records highest inducement seizure of Rs 4,650 in 75-years of history.

Published

on

The Election Commission of India (ECI) announced on Monday that the upcoming Lok Sabha elections are expected to witness the highest ever seizures of inducements.

According to a notification from the poll board, enforcement agencies had already seized a record Rs 4,650 crore before the first round of polling, which is yet to start. This was a significant increase over the Rs 3,475 crores seized during the entire Lok Sabha election in 2019.

As part of a level playing field, the Election Commission said that the enhanced seizures reflect ECI’s unwavering commitment to monitor inducements and curb electoral malpractices, particularly in favour of smaller and less resourceful parties.

Significantly, narcotics and drugs, which are the Commission’s main focus, account for 45% of the seizures. The poll body continued, the seizures have been made possible by thorough planning, increased cooperation and coordinated deterrent action by agencies, proactive public participation, and optimal use of technology.

The commission also made statistics on the distribution of inducements that were seized available for public consumption by state. With a seizure of over Rs 778 crore, Rajasthan topped the list. Gujarat came in second with Rs 605 crore, and Maharashtra came in third with roughly Rs 431 crore.

When announcing the polls last month, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Rajiv Kumar highlighted money power as one of the 4M challenges, along with money, muscle, misinformation, and Model Code of Conduct violations.

Use of black money, over and above political financing and accurate disclosure thereof, may disturb the level playing field in favor of a more resourceful party or candidate in specific geographies, the panel stated in its statement released on Monday.

The poll authority claims that the seizures are an essential part of the ECI’s resolve to hold fair elections for the Lok Sabha that are free from electoral malpractices and inducements.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com