English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Mahadev betting app founder Sourabh Chandrakar detained in Oman, India seeks extradition

Mahadev betting app founder Sourabh Chandrakar has been detained in Oman on an Interpol Red Notice, with Indian authorities pursuing his extradition in the alleged Rs 6,000 crore betting case.

Published

on

Sourabh Chandrakar

Indian authorities are working to bring back alleged Mahadev betting app founder Sourabh Chandrakar after he was detained in Oman, according to officials. Chandrakar, one of the key accused in the alleged online betting syndicate, has been held by the Royal Oman Police following an Interpol Red Notice issued at the request of Indian investigating agencies.

Officials said India is pursuing both extradition and deportation options to secure Chandrakar’s return, citing the seriousness of the charges against him.

Chandrakar detained following Interpol Red Notice

According to officials, Chandrakar, a native of Chhattisgarh in his 30s, was detained in Oman a few weeks ago based on an Interpol Red Notice issued by agencies including the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Chhattisgarh Police.

Investigators tracking the case have also received informal inputs suggesting that Chandrakar was allegedly travelling using a passport issued by a Southeast Asian country.

Before his detention in Oman, Indian agencies had reported that Chandrakar was in Dubai. Authorities had earlier claimed that he was detained there in 2024 before being released. Officials have also stated that his alleged associate and Mahadev app co-founder Ravi Uppal later moved from Dubai to Vanuatu.

ED alleges Rs 6,000 crore betting racket

The Enforcement Directorate has described the Mahadev betting app case as a large-scale international online betting syndicate with alleged proceeds of crime estimated at around Rs 6,000 crore.

The agency has previously alleged that the investigation involves several high-ranking politicians and bureaucrats from Chhattisgarh.

According to the ED, the syndicate allegedly operated through multiple online betting platforms and domain names, including Tiger Exchange, Gold365 and Laser247. Investigators claim the operation functioned through a franchise-based network of panels and branches across India, while Chandrakar and Uppal allegedly managed its operations from Dubai.

Assets worth Rs 1,700 crore attached

In March, the ED said it had attached assets worth approximately Rs 1,700 crore linked to Chandrakar and associated entities. A significant portion of these properties is located in Dubai, including assets in the Burj Khalifa.

The agency has so far arrested 13 individuals in connection with the investigation and has named 74 entities as accused across five charge sheets filed before a special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court in Raipur.

The ED has also approached a court seeking to declare Chandrakar, Ravi Uppal and other accused, including Anil Agrawal alias Atul and Shubham Soni, as Fugitive Economic Offenders under the Fugitive Economic Offenders Act, 2018.

India hopeful of Chandrakar’s return

Officials expressed confidence that India would be able to secure Chandrakar’s return from Oman, highlighting the strong bilateral relationship between the two countries.

Authorities also referred to the Free Trade Agreement between India and Oman, which came into effect on June 1, as a sign of strengthening cooperation. Bilateral trade between the two nations stood at USD 11.2 billion during 2025-26.

Before leaving India for Dubai in 2019, Chandrakar reportedly operated a juice shop named “Juice Factory” with his brother in Bhilai, Chhattisgarh.

Chandrakar and Ravi Uppal have previously denied any involvement in the alleged betting racket through a statement issued a few years ago.

India News

Champat Rai, Anil Mishra get clean chit in Ram Temple donation theft case 

The SIT probing alleged donation theft at the Ayodhya Ram Temple has cleared former Trust general secretary Champat Rai and former member Anil Mishra.

Published

on

The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing alleged irregularities in donation management at the Ayodhya Ram Temple has cleared former Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust general secretary Champat Rai and former Trust member Anil Mishra.

The Uttar Pradesh Home Department on Monday handed over the SIT’s final report to the Trust, which will now take further action based on the findings.

Rai and Mishra had resigned from their positions on June 27 after allegations of donation theft emerged. The two former Trust members were subsequently questioned by the SIT about the temple’s donation management process.

Champat Rai denied involvement in donation theft

According to sources, Champat Rai told investigators during questioning that he had no role in the alleged theft. He reportedly said that the suspects were arrested following his complaint.

Rai also told the police that ensuring there were no irregularities in donation collection was part of his responsibility and that he acted after learning about the alleged wrongdoing.

SIT was formed before Supreme Court intervention

The three-member SIT was constituted by the Uttar Pradesh government on June 13 at the request of the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust.

Lucknow Divisional Commissioner Vijay Vishwas Pant headed the panel. Range Inspector General Kiran S and Special Secretary (Finance) Neel Ratan Kumar were the other members.

The SIT submitted its preliminary report to the state government on June 23 and made several stringent recommendations.

Following the preliminary report, Trust member Krishnamohan filed a written complaint at the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi police station. An FIR was subsequently registered on June 25.

Eight people named in FIR

The FIR named Avinash Shukla, Anukalp Mishra, Lavkush Mishra, Manish Kumar Yadav, Karunesh Pandey, Ramashankar Mishra, Subhash Srivastava and Ram Shankar Yadav, alias Tinnu, along with other unidentified individuals.

According to the provided report, all eight named accused were arrested and booked under relevant provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and Section 13(1)(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act.

The SIT’s preliminary findings also formed the basis for subsequent FIRs and arrest-related action in the case.

Continue Reading

India News

Himanta Sarma accuses Sonia, Rahul of provoking unrest over Vande Mataram row

Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma criticised Sonia and Rahul Gandhi over the Vande Mataram controversy and accused Congress of provoking unrest.

Published

on

Himanta sharma

Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday criticised Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over the controversy surrounding the rendition of Vande Mataram at the party headquarters in New Delhi on Independence Day.

Sarma questioned how the Congress would govern if it returned to power, alleging that the conduct of its senior leaders during the national song had raised concerns.

“During Vande Mataram, the way Sonia Gandhi behaved and the song was stopped midway clearly indicates that if Congress mistakenly comes to power, the country will face a worse situation,” Mr Sarma said.

The Assam Chief Minister also accused Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi of encouraging protests in the name of Gen Z.

“Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi have almost taken a decision to oppose the country in the name of Gen Z. They are provoking people to protest and trying hard to create a bad environment in the country,” he said.

Sarma further alleged that such actions could contribute to instability in the country.

“I am not bothered about these things, but these people are working against the country and provoking the people of the country to protest and bring anarchy,” he said.

What triggered the Vande Mataram controversy

The political row erupted after footage from the Congress Independence Day programme on August 15 surfaced on social media. The video showed senior Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Mallikarjun Kharge, during the rendition of Vande Mataram.

BJP leaders have interpreted gestures seen in the footage as an attempt to interrupt the national song. The Congress, however, has rejected that interpretation.

The issue has since become a political flashpoint, with BJP leaders accusing the Congress of disrespecting Vande Mataram.

A complaint seeking action against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over the alleged disruption is also being examined by the Delhi Police.

Continue Reading

India News

BJP unveils 64-member national team with 3 former CMs, 18 MPs and 10 women

The BJP’s new 64-member national team includes three former chief ministers, 18 sitting MPs and 10 women, with representation from 23 states and Union Territories.

Published

on

The BJP’s new 64-member team of national office bearers brings together former chief ministers, sitting MPs, women leaders and representatives from different social and regional groups as the party prepares for the 2029 Lok Sabha election.

The team, headed by BJP national president Nitin Nabin, includes three former chief ministers, 18 sitting MPs and 10 women leaders. More than 40 per cent of the members belong to deprived communities, according to the details of the appointments.

Northeast gets special focus

The new organisational team includes leaders from 23 states and Union Territories, giving the party’s national leadership a broad geographical representation.

The Northeast has received particular attention, with three leaders from Tripura, Assam and Nagaland included in the team. The BJP’s North-East Coordination Cell will also continue to function under the leadership of Sambit Patra.

The team includes four tribal representatives, with one each from West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and the Northeast. Two of these representatives are women.

Three members from Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh represent the Scheduled Castes in the new team.

Representation across communities

The BJP’s national office bearers also include 10 experienced women leaders from different parts of the country.

The team has representation from different religious communities, including one Sikh, two Christians, one Muslim, one Jain and one Parsi member, alongside Hindu leaders.

Former chief ministers and MPs add experience

The organisational team brings considerable administrative and political experience, with former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat and former Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb among the members.

Four leaders with previous experience in the Union government and one sitting Union minister are also part of the team.

The new national office bearers include 18 sitting Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha members, bringing legislative experience and their connection with constituencies to the organisation.

Professionals and younger leaders add to the team

The team also brings together people from varied professional and academic backgrounds. It includes two professors, four practising doctors, as well as PhD holders, engineers, chartered accountants and lawyers.

The appointments to various Morchas are expected to bring organisational experience, fresh energy and domain expertise to the BJP’s national team.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com