English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Telangana: TRS MLAs offered cash to switch loyalties ahead bypolls, police arrest ‘BJP agent’

TRS informed on Twitter that BJP’s operation lotus was failed. The police investigation has revealed that four MLAs of TRS party were lured by money bags and other things.



Telangana bypoll

Ahead the bypolls in Telangana, police have arrested three persons for giving bribes to the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS). The Telangana police claimed that around Rs 100 crore was offered to a key leader in secret negotiations at a farmhouse.

The accused has been identified as Satish Sharma, alias Ram Chandra Bharti, a Haryana resident, D Simhayaji, a seer from Tirupathi, and Nandakumar, a resident of Hyderabad. Police said that the accused had come to Hyderabad on fake identities.

Satish Sharma and D Simhayaji were seen with BJP leader Rajnath Singh but it was not yet established that whether they were acting on behalf of the BJP.

Read Also: UP: Policeman stops 4 youth riding on a bike in Lucknow, gets beaten up | WATCH

TRS informed on Twitter that BJP’s operation lotus was failed. The police investigation has revealed that four MLAs of TRS party were lured by money bags and other things.

Cyberabad Police Commissioner Stephen Raveendra said that the TRS MLAs had called the police saying they were being lured and bribed to change parties.

According to the local media reports, Reports said that Rs. 100 crore was offered to the main leader and Rs. 50 crore was offered to the each TRS MLAs. The accused tried to lure TRS MLAs-Guvvala Balaraj of Achampet constituency, Rohit Reddy of Tandur constituency, Harshavardhan Reddy of Kollapur constituency and Rega Kantha Rao of Pinapaka constituency.

Meanwhile, a video went viral on social media where Union tourism minister Kishan Reddy was seen an accused Nandkumar.

However, the BJP has denied the allegations of bribe. Telangana BJP leader DK Aruna said that Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao (KCR) was doing these things to defect attention from the high-stakes assembly by-polls in Munugode on November 3 this year. Another BJP leader Vivek Venkataswamy said that it was a drama. KCR understood that the TRS was losing in Munugode. So they orchestrated this drama.

Bihar: Dalit youth thrashed for having relationship with Muslim girl

Railways to run 250 new special trains for Chhath Puja, complete list here

Bihar news

5 bogies of Satyagraha Express detach from engine in Bihar, no injuries reported | WATCH



Five bogies of the Satyagraha Express train detached from the engine near Majhaulia station in Bettiah in Bihar. Miraculously, however, all the passengers escaped unscathed and no injuries have been reported.

According to reports, the incident happened at the Muzaffarpur-Narkatiaganj railway section, triggering panic among passengers.

A team of East Central Railway officials immediately rushed to the spot and reattached the separated bogies to the train running from Bihar’s Raxaul district to New Delhi. As per officials, the coupling is used to connect two bogies together malfunctioned resulting in bogies getting separated from the engine.

A video of the incident is doing the rounds on the internet.

The officials said that no passenger was injured in the incident and a probe has been launched to investigate the malfunction.

Local media reported that the incident took place at around 10 am on Thursday morning and the engine travelled several kilometers after the bogies were detached.

In a similar incident, three bogies of a goods train derailed at the Tankuppa station in Bihar due to which two trains were cancelled and several more had to be diverted in December last year. Railway officials said the accident happened because the brakes on the train got jammed.

No injuries were reported in the mishap.

Continue Reading

India News

Children proud that Siddique Kappan is their father, says Kappan’s wife after his release



Children proud that Siddique Kappan is their father, says Kappan's wife after his release

Siddique Kappan, a journalist from Kerala, said – he struggled – minutes after leaving jail on Thursday in front of media teams, a small crowd of onlookers, and his wife and teenage son who had been waiting patiently for more than two years since he was arrested while travelling to Hathras.

Both the relief and the sorrow were clearly visible on their faces. In October 2020, Kappan and three other people were detained as they travelled to the Uttar Pradesh town where a Dalit woman allegedly died from rape. They were charged with attempting to incite violence in response to the woman from Hathras’s passing.

Kappan told PTI that he would be Delhi as his stay there must last for atl least six weeks.

He laughed when asked how life had been in prison and replied that he struggled more. His mother passed away during his two-and-a-half years in prison.

Kadijah was his mother’s name. She misses seeing Kappan return home, said Raihana, the wife of Kappan.

The Supremen Court granted Kappan bail and his innocence was established. A period of two-and-a-half years was not brief, said Raihana while talking to PTI. She also said that the family underwent through a great deal of misery but she was glad as justice was finally done, even if delayed.

I reiterate that Kappan is a media person, Raihana emphasised.

The couple has three children- Muzammil (19), Zidhan (14) and Mehnaz (9).

Our children were waiting him home. Their joy was snatched away. Can they ever forget their father? They are pleased to acknowledge the journalist Siddique Kappan as their father. Their oldest, son, Muzammil, who was also waiting outside with his mother, reaffirmed that his father was a journalist.

He asked that what has caused his father’s excruciating pain for the past 2.5 years? He also said that they were currently anticipating his release and were overjoyed. He appreciated those who were waiting for Kappan’s release with them.

According to Kappan’s attorney Mohamed Dhanish KS, the journalist had been detained in the district jails of Mathura and Lucknow but had been released twice, once when he contracted Covid and was admitted to AIIMS, Delhi, and again to visit his ailing mother.

Police prosecuted Kappan under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and various sections of the Indian Penal Code on the basis of allegations that he had ties to the now-banned Popular Front of India (PFI).

The Supreme Court granted him bail in connection with the case in September of last year. After Kappan was released from an Uttar Pradesh prison, a bench under the leadership of the then-chief justice Uday Umesh Lalit ordered him to stay in Delhi for six weeks.

He remained prisoned, though, as a result of a money laundering case brought by the Enforcement Directorate.

Continue Reading

India News

Perfume bottle IED recovered, government school teacher with LeT links arrested for recent blasts in Jammu and Kashmir: J&K Police chief



Police in Jammu and Kashmir have arrested a government school teacher for alleged links with the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and carrying out multiple bomb blasts in the Union Territory at the behest of proscribed terrorist outfit.

In a statement, Director General of Jammu and Kashmir Police (DGP) Dilbag Singh said that the accused, identified as Arif, a resident of Reasi district, orchestrated multiple blasts, including one in a bus carrying Vaishno Devi pilgrims that left four people dead and 24 injured in May last year.

DGP Singh said that Arif was arrested following leads uncovered in the investigation of the recent twin blasts in Narwal area of Jammu, adding that an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) planted inside a perfume bottle was recovered from his possession.

The police chief said this was the first time such type of IED was recovered in the region. Giving details, Singh said the IED implanted inside the perfume bottle will explode if anyone tried to open or press it, adding that a special team of the J&K Police’s Bomb Disposal Squad has been tasked to diffuse such items.

Singh said that Arif was reportedly working at the behest of his Pakistani handler, Qasim, for three years and after interrogation, admitted to his involvement in the Vaishno Devi bus bomb blast.

Arif also accepted his role in carrying out an IED blast Jammu’s Shastri Nagar area in February 2022 and the twin explosions at Narwal on January 21 that left nine people injured.

He further revealed that the accused got hold of three IEDs from across the border, towards the end of December last year, adding that further investigation is ongoing.

Continue Reading



© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com