English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest Politics News

Karnataka elections: 15 Congress leaders will join JDS ahead of polls, claims HD Kumaraswamy

Published

on

Senior Janata Dal (Secular) (JDS) leader HD Kumaraswamy on Saturday claimed that at least 15 Congress leaders in Karnataka will join the JDS ahead of next month’s elections in the poll-bound state.

Kumaraswamy said that former Legislative Council member Raghu Achar from Chitradurga and him have already talked and Achar will be joining JDS soon, adding that 15 leaders from the Congress will also be joining the party in coming days.

Kumaraswamy said it was poetic justice as he claimed that earlier, the Congress had tried to sink JDS by taking the party’s MLAs but now they are coming back to JDS from the grand-old party.

He further said that the JDS will release its second list of candidates for Karnataka elections on Monday.

Karnataka goes to polls on May 10 in a single-phase and results for the 224-member Assembly will be announced on May 13.

Recently, the Congress, which seeks to oust BJP from power in Karnataka, claimed that the saffron party is facing a “mass exodus” in the poll-bound state.

Speaking at a presser, senior Congress leader Randeep Surjewala last week claimed having “authentic information” about the BJP being unable to choose its own candidates in the upcoming Karnataka elections due to a “mass exodus” taking place in the party.

Citing “authentic information”, Surjewala claimed that the BJP is not able to select candidates as the right-wing party’s ministers and MLAs are refusing to contest. He claimed that 10 BJP MLAs, MLCs, ex-MLAs and ex-MLCs, their boards and corporation chairmen have resigned in dozens and joined the Congress.

The Congress MP alleged that due to “exodus” in the BJP, federal agencies have been deployed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led BJP regime at the centre to conduct raids against Congress leaders and candidates listed for the Karnataka Assembly polls.

Latest Politics News

Congress slams Rajasthan BJP MLA for his derogatory remarks against Muslims

36 children and 4 begums are wrong.

Published

on

Congress MLA Harimohan Sahrma on Wednesday slammed the BJP MLA Balmukundacharya for his derogatory remarks against Muslims saying, the ruling party’s intention is just to target the Muslim Community.

Earlier, the Rajasthan BJP MLA triggered a controversy after he targeted the Muslim community indirectly by saying, 36 children and 4 begums are wrong. According to him, the population control laws are the necessity of the hour.

In a video message shared on a social media platform, the BJP leader could be heard saying there is a huge problem with the increasing population. There is a community which has ‘chhatis bacche and char begum’. There are countless cases where this is wrong. There should be an equal law for everyone; otherwise, how will the country move forward, said BJP MLA.

Asserting that he said there is nothing wrong with population laws. The way the population is increasing, there is a need for more food and housing. This is a hurdle in growth. If we want to become a prosperous and developed country, there should be a collective agreement on this, and population laws should be made which is beneficial for all, he added.

He said that a sister came to his office and said she was the third wife of her husband, and he was going to bring her fourth. He said he advised her that now there is a law against it and she should take the help of the police. The BJP MLA further said that it is not a matter of government or non-government benefits rather the point is that in the country, some families say ’hum do hamare do’, while some say if birth is happening, let it happen as it is God’s will. There is a need to look at this, he asserted.

Earlier on Sunday, Urban Development and Housing Minister Jhabar Singh Kharra said efforts were being made by the Central government to ensure that every household who have more than two or three children will not get the benefits of any government facilities.

Continue Reading

Latest Politics News

Maharashtra: 4 top leaders quit Ajit Pawar’s party after Lok Sabha election Drubbing, to join Sharad Pawar’s NCP

Ajit Gavahane, Yash Sane, a student leader, and two former corporators, Rahul Bhosale and Pankaj Bhalekar were the leaders who have parted ways from Ajit Pawar’s party.

Published

on

In a major setback to Ajit Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party, four top leaders have resigned from the party in Maharashtra’s Pimpri Chinchwad after a poor performance in the recent Lok Sabha election and are set to join the Sharad Pawar-led party.

President of the Pimpri-Chinchwad unit, Ajit Gavahane, Yash Sane, a student leader, and two former corporators, Rahul Bhosale and Pankaj Bhalekar were the leaders who have parted ways from Ajit Pawar’s party.

Speaking to media, Gavahane said that he resigned from the party on July 16 and today “we will have a meeting with all ex-corporators of another Vidhan Sabha constituency. We will accordingly decide our upcoming strategy. We are going to take blessings of Pawar Sahab (Sharad Pawar). We will make a decision together”, he added.

The decision of leaders from the Ajit fraction comes amid buzz that they might shift their allegiance to the Sharad Pawar party. Earlier, speaking to the media, Sharad Pawar said those who tried to weaken his party would not be taken in, but he would welcome leaders who would not hurt the reputation of the party.

He said that those who wanted to weaken the party would not be taken in. But those leaders who would help strengthen the organization and not hurt the image of the party would be taken in, he added.

The Pawar family split into two political parties after a rebellion by Ajit Pawar against his uncle and NCP founder, Sharad Pawar, in 2023. Sharad Pawar remained in the Opposition camp, while Ajit Pawar joined the Mahayuti government led by Chief Minister Eknath Shinde and was rewarded with the post of his deputy.

Ajit Pawar’s party contested the Lok Sabha elections as part of the BJP-led NDA but only managed to win one seat, Raigad, while his uncle’s party secured eight seats.

 

Continue Reading

India News

Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma says only 8 people applied for citizenship under CAA

Addressing a press conference at the Lok Sewa Bhawan in Guwahati, Sarma said that out of these applicants, only two have attended interviews with relevant authorities.

Published

on

Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday said that only eight people have applied for citizenship under the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) from the state so far.

Addressing a press conference at the Lok Sewa Bhawan in Guwahati, Sarma said that out of these applicants, only two have attended interviews with relevant authorities.

The Assam CM further said that the State conducted outreach programmes in the Barak valley and approached many Hindu Bengali families and asked them to apply for citizenship under CAA. However, they refused to do so saying that they would prefer fighting their cases at the Foreigners Tribunal (FT), Sarma added.

Foreign Tribunals (FT), quasi-judicial bodies exclusive to Assam, are authorised to decide the nationality issue of doubtful citizens, he asserted. Sarma also claimed that most of the Hindu-Bengali families, who were not included in the final draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC), told him that they possessed the necessary documents to prove their Indian citizenship and preferred the FT route rather than applying for through the CAA.

When asked whether the Assam government is dropping cases in Foreigners Tribunals (FT) against Hindu-Bengalis, Sarma termed it misleading. He said the State cannot drop any case. The government is simply advising that before initiating a case, individuals should apply through the CAA portal. Even if a case is filed, there won’t be any outcome because these people are eligible for citizenship, Assam CM emphasised.

CM also assured that he is going to request the Advocate General to flag the issue of CAA so that FTs can give time to people whose cases are going on to apply for citizenship under the newly implemented law.

He added that the government cannot give a direction to the court to pause while deciding the citizenship cases. The FT judges themselves have to decide and they know the latest situation, Sarma said.

He also explained why there was a low number of applications in CAA, saying the Opposition myth that 15-20 lakh Bangladeshis will get citizenship in Assam has been busted completely.

The Chief Minister said that during the anti-CAA movement, five Assamese youths lost their lives. So they made the sacrifice to prevent only these eight people, he asked. This abysmally low number of eight applications, of which only two turned up for interview, is a bit surprising for us also, he said.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com