English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Sonia Gandhi hospitalised with food poisoning

Published

on

Sonia Gandhi hospitalised with food poisoning

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Gandhi has not been at events since she fell ill while attending a rally in Varanasi in August 2016.

Congress chief Sonia Gandhi was admitted to Delhi’s Sir Gangaram Hospital on Tuesday for food poisoning. Hospital authorities told the media that the leader’s health is stable and will be discharged on Wednesday. Gandhi called West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee from her hospital bed and fixed a meeting on May 16.

The two leaders are expected to discuss the presidential elections. President Pranab Mukherjee’s term ends on July 24 and reports suggest that the Narendra Modi government is planning to field a new candidate for the office.

Gandhi has been staying away from the public since attending a rally in Varanasi in last August. She had been taken back to Delhi after she had fallen ill mid-way. Her absence from the election campaign to the recently concluded Assembly elections was highly noted. The party has not revealed anything about her health since she returned from the US after treatment.

The Congress chief was back on track last month as she started meeting various opposition leaders with her son and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi. Reports say that leaders of opposition parties are planning to field a presidential candidate.

The grand old party said that they will be considering a consensus candidate if Prime Minister consults them, which is unlikely. Various Congress leaders have also said of vouching for a second term for President Mukherjee. But Mukherjee made it clear that he would be considering it only if the government consults them.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

India News

Former Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia gets permission to meet his wife, arrives home in custody

Sisodia arrived at his Mathura Road home this morning after he was given bail from 10 am to 5 pm, according to the sources.

Published

on

Former Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia was given temporary relief and permitted to see his ailing wife Seema in the hospital where she was being treated for a deteriorating health condition. His wife is suffering from multiple sclerosis.

Sisodia arrived at his Mathura Road home this morning after he was given bail from 10 am to 5 pm, according to the sources.

However, the High Court permitted him to meet his wife but emphasised that he was not to communicate with the media, anybody outside of his immediate family, or use the internet or his phone.

The court additionally ordered that the medical report of his wife is confirmed and to be positively provided by tomorrow evening.

Further, the bench of Justice Dinesh Kumar Sharma instructed the Tihar jail’s superintendent to take Sisodia to his home, where he is permitted to see his wife from 10 am to 5 pm.

According to a senior jail official, Sisodia was moved under security protection to his home at 9 am, and at 5 pm he will report back.

Meanwhile, the legal team of Sisodia has filed an interim bail request in Delhi High Court, citing his wife’s condition. In the interim bail, the court is requested to grant bail for a period of six weeks.

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) challenged the interim bail through Additional Solicitor General SV Raju, who said, he can visit his wife while being escorted by the police.

For his suspected involvement in the scam, Sisodia was detained by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on February 26, 2023. On May 30, the High Court declined to grant him bail in the CBI case.

He is currently in judicial detention after being detained on March 9 in connection with the case brought by the ED.

Continue Reading

India News

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw says high-level committee to probe Odisha train crash

The chief minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik announced on Saturday that the state will observe a day of mourning and that there would be no celebrations.

Published

on

Railway Minister

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw visited the accident site in Balasore where three trains collided last night in which 288 people have died and 900 injured. During the visit, Vaishnaw said, in addition to the independent investigation by the rail safety commissioner, a thorough high-level investigation would be performed. He assessed the situation and declared that the administration is concentrating on rescue and relief efforts.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi is due to arrive later today to visit the accident site and met the injured. The PM met officials who briefed him on the tragedy.

Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced on Saturday that the state will observe a day of mourning and that there would be no celebrations.

The injured passengers will receive the best care possible in Cuttack, at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Bhubaneswar, or the hospitals in Kolkata, according to the railway minister.

According to Chief Secretary Pradeep Kumar Jena, the rescue effort is still going on inside one of the damaged coaches that collided with another bogie.

The autopsies of the victims have begun in several locations. The bodies of victims, who have been recognised, are being handed to their relatives who have arrived. According to Jena, every effort is being made to finish the victims’ postmortems as soon as possible.

Around 7 pm on Friday, the train accident, said to be the worst in recent history, occurred close to the Bahanaga Baazar station in Balasore district, which is located 250 kilometres south of Kolkata and 170 km north of Bhubaneswar. Ten to 12 coaches of the Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express derailed and fell onto the other track which were then hit by the Yeswantpur-Howrah Superfast Express, causing three to four of its carriages to derail.

According to a statement from the Indian Railways, A M Chowdhary, Commissioner of Railway Safety, South East Circle, will be in-charge of the investigation into the train disaster.

Continue Reading

India News

Odisha train collision: 288 dead, 900 injured in biggest rail accident in recent memory

A compensation of Rs. 10 Lakh has been announced for the kin of deceased, Rs. 2 Lakh for those who are majorly injured, and Rs. 50,000 to those with minor injuries.

Published

on

odisha coromandel express derail accident

On Friday evening, a tragic train accident took place in Odisha’s Balasore, when two Express trains collided that has claimed the lives of 288 people and more than hundreds of passengers are left inured, the rescue operations is underway.

Railway Spokesperson Amitabh Sharma said, at around 7 PM in the evening, about 10-12 coaches of the Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express derailed and fell on the opposite track, after a while, the Yeshwantpur-Howrah Express rammed into the derailed coaches of Coromandel express that resulted to the derailment of its own coaches.

The dreadful accident has taken place near the Bahanga railway station in Balasore district of Odisha, which is around 120 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.

Reports said, a three-way accident took place and involves a good carriage train in the accident.

While no official confirmation has been received on the total death toll, reports claimed more than 50 people are already dead with the numbers substantially increasing and around 300 are injured.

Some local channels of Odisha have reported, over 70 dead and around 350 injured.

The Central and state government along with the railway department have mounted a huge rescue operation but is finding it extremely difficult to clear and rush the injured to the nearest medical facilities.

National and State Disaster Management teams along with fire fighting teams and other rescue operation teams are already in place carrying out the rescue operations.

At-least 50 ambulances and 15 fire operations team from the neighbouring districts were rushed to save the trapped passengers, said to be in hundreds in number.

The government has also issued dedicated helpline numbers for various affected regions.

Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw informed about compensation to the victims. Rs 10 lakh is announced for the deceased family members, Rs 2 lakh for critically injured and Rs 50,000 for minor injured victims.

Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik rushed to the state control room to personally take stock of the situation and direct measures for the rescue and relief operations.

Patnaik informed he will fly to the spot in the first thing in morning.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressing his grief over the terrible accident expressed his thoughts with the bereaved families and prayed for the speedy recovery of the inured.

PM Modi assured all possible assistance to the affected.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com