English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Top Stories

Tamil Nadu: 3 petrol bombs thrown at RSS leader’s residence in Madurai

Krishnan said that he was given police protection in 2014 due to danger to his life, but the protection was withdrawn in 2021.

Published

on

Tamil Nadu: 3 petrol bombs thrown at RSS leader's residence in Madurai

Three petrol bombs were hurled at the residence of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) member MS Krishnan in Tamil Nadu’s Madurai on Saturday evening. As per the CCTV footage, the incident took place at around 7:38 pm on Saturday.

The CCTV footage showed two bike-borne men reached the leader’s house, threw three petrol bombs at the Mel Anuppanadi housing board area, and fled away on the same bike.

Assistant Commissioner Shanmugam said no one was injured or damaged in the accident and the investigation regarding this matter is underway. BJP Madurai district president Suseendran and RSS member Krishnan filed a petition with the Keerathurai police.

Speaking to the media about the incident, RSS member Krishnan said he was doing puja at his house with about 65 people at around 7 pm when he heard the noise outside. He said when he went outside to check, he found that his car was on fire due to petrol bombs.

Krishnan said that he was given police protection in 2014 due to danger to his life, but the protection was withdrawn in 2021. He further said that he has been associated with the party for the past 45 years and more than 20 RSS workers have been attacked in Tamil Nadu so far.

Earlier on Saturday, a petrol bomb was hurled at the residence of RSS functionary Seetharaman’s house at Chitlapakkam. In another incident in Coimbatore, a petrol-filled bottle bomb was thrown at BJP worker Sarath’s house in Kuniyamuthur. In Pollachi, a petrol bomb was also hurled at the loading vehicle of an RSS functionary.

Top Stories

Fire breaks out in Bengaluru-Howrah Duronto Express in Andhra Pradesh’s Chittoor district, rescue underway

The incident took place when the train was approaching Kuppam Station in the Chittoor district at around 12:50 pm.

Published

on

Fire breaks out in Bengaluru-Howrah Duronto Express in Andhra Pradesh's Chittoor district, rescue underway

A fire broke out in a bogie of the Bengaluru-Howrah Express train in Andhra Pradesh on Sunday. The incident took place when the train was approaching Kuppam Station in the Chittoor district at around 12:50 pm. The train was on its way to Kolkata from Bengaluru.

People immediately informed the police after they saw smoke emitting from the bogie. Local police, along with the firefighters, hurriedly reached the spot to extinguish the fire. The passengers were stuck inside the train. The police carried out the evacuation process. The rescue operation is underway.

The visuals of the incident show smoke billowing from a Duronto Express coach and passengers were seen rushing out of it. Authorities from the railway were seen analyzing the issue. The railways clarified later that it was not a case of fire but just smoke in the brakes.

According to the reports, the train had departed from Sir M Visvesvaraya Terminal in Bengaluru when one of the bogies of the Duronto Express train suffered brake binding and released smoke as a result of friction on the brake block.

Southern Western Railways issued a statement that reads, On train no 12246, Sir M Visvesvaraya Terminal – Howrah Duronto Express while approaching Kuppam Station, Chittoor Dist (Bengaluru Division/SWR) the Train Manager (Guard) noticed smoke coming in from one of the coaches at about 12.50 hrs. This is not a fire accident, but a case of brake binding. The on board staff attended it immediately, and the train started at 13.36 hrs, read a clarification by the railways.

No casualties have been reported.

Continue Reading

LATEST SPORTS NEWS

NZ vs IND ODI: Rain plays the biggest spoilsport for India, Hamilton match abandoned

In the first ODI against New Zealand, Team India looked driven and inspired as the Shikhar Dhawan-led Indian cricket team put up a throbbing target of 306 with the help of skipper Shikhar Dhawan and Shubham Gill’s stellar performance.

Published

on

The Indian Cricket team who were set to play their second ODI against New Zealand at the Hamilton Stadium in New Zealand were discouraged by the rain yet again as the second match of the ODI was abandoned due to rain. Indian cricket team, who were in hopes to make a comeback into the series after their first ODI loss despite performing well, had gotten the chance to redeem themselves.

Owing to the weather conditions, the match officials decided to reduce the overs to 29-over-per-side and India had gotten the chance to set the tone and bat first, however, the match only could see 12.5 overs of the 29 where Shubham Gill and Suryakumar Yadav were looking high as the duo together were able to stir up a partnership. Shubham Gill was able to bat for 42 runs off of 45 balls whereas Suryakumar Yadav was slowly catching on as he had scored 34 off of 25 balls.

Despite the encouraging spell by the Indian cricket team, Rain played the biggest spoilsport as the match was abandoned due to rain.

The rain not only became spoiled the match for the fans but also washed away the ambitions of young players who had planned to earn their seats in the senior team after the recent T20 World Cup loss against England. The Indian selection committee was recently sacked by BCCI after the questions raised by the type of players Team India selected for the T20 World Cup campaign.

First ODI Match

In the first ODI against New Zealand, Team India looked driven and inspired as the Shikhar Dhawan-led Indian cricket team put up a throbbing target of 306 with the help of skipper Shikhar Dhawan and Shubham Gill’s stellar performance. However, Tom Latham’s stellar performance complimented with Skipper Kane Williamson helped New Zealand chase the big number put on the score board.

New Zealand was able to win the match by scoring 309 runs as Tom Latham and Kane Williamson continued their partnership till victory.

Third ODI Match

India will now face New Zealand in Christchurch for the third match in the bilateral series on November 30. Shikhar Dhawan and Company will be aiming to secure a win against New Zealand in order to draw the series and not loss the series. The match will only be streamed live Amazon Prime Videos.

Continue Reading

India News

80-year-old dies during police raid at residence of wanted criminal in Jharkhand’s Khunti, magisterial inquiry underway

According to the reports, the Torpa police reached the home of the wanted criminal, Izhar Ansari alias Kalu, to nab him who was accused of selling banned meat.

Published

on

80-year-old dies during police raid at residence of wanted criminal in Jharkhand's Khunti, magisterial inquiry underway

An 80-year-old man died while the police were conducting a raid at the home of a wanted criminal in Jharkhand. The incident happened in Rodo Islampur village of Khunti district at around 12:30 pm on Saturday.

According to the reports, the Torpa police reached the home of the wanted criminal, Izhar Ansari alias Kalu, to nab him. However, Kalu’s father, Mohd Nizamuddin Ansari, died during the raid. The police were on a mission to arrest Kalu, who was accused of selling banned meat.

Reportedly, Torpa police station in-charge Satyajit Kumar along with other officials reached Rodo village to arrest Kalu. When they reached his home, the doors were locked. Initially, the police asked the family to open the door, but when no one opened it for about an hour, they broke it.

The villagers allege that the police barged into the house of Kalu by breaking three doors. Kalu’s wife, children, father and other members were present in the house. The villagers alleged that Kalu’s father suffered a heart attack when he heard the policemen’s voice.

Soon after, the villagers and Kalu’s relatives got furious and created a ruckus. The villagers blamed the police for Kalu’s father’s demise.

A family member said those people came inside and behaved very rudely. She said the police entered the house with a camera and when she asked them not to shoot because there are girls, they said they will blur their picture. She said she requested them not to create chaos because there are two patients in the house.

She claimed that they asked for the license but they didn’t show and entered the house. She stated that they dragged out her grandfather, who was the heart patient and he died on spot. They also used abusive language, she added.

After getting the information, SDO Aniket Sachan, LRDC Jitendra Munda, SDPO, and other officers reached the location at around 2:30 pm and tried to pacify the situation. Khunti SP Aman Kumar said prima facie states police were not involved in the death of a senior citizen.

Based on the allegations by the family members, SP Kumar said a case has been registered, and a magisterial inquiry will also be conducted in this regard.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com