English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Top Stories

Maharashtra: Two women thrash each other during fight at Nashik toll plaza | WATCH

Published

on

A shocking video has been circulating on the social media platform, where two women were spotted engaging in a serious fight at Nashik’s Pimpalgaon toll plaza. Reports suggested that the incident took place over the fees of the toll booth.

An internet user shared the fighting video of both the ladies on Twitter with a caption, where he revealed that the fierce fight took place between a toll booth employee and a passenger at the Pimpalgaon toll booth near Nashik.

Take a look at the viral video of women fight at the toll plaza

In the viral clip, it can be seen that both the women hitting each other, punching, and pulling each other’s hair. While people standing there were seen not even trying to sort out the clash, instead it seems like they were enjoying the violent scene while making videos.

Ever since the video was shared on the internet, it has gained a lot of views, and thousands of likes in time. Many were also bombarded in the comment section for sharing their views on the incident.

One of the internet users wrote that most of the time it is passengers’ fault to pick up a fight but sometimes it is tool booth people’s fault for not let the passenger pass through the booth saying tag machine is not working and asking passengers to pay double the amount in cash. Another user wrote that workers at the toll plazas often do misbehave with the passengers in order to charge more. While the third suggested people to stay calm in such situations.

This is not the first time such an incident come into the limelight. Earlier, a similar incident has been reported in Madhya Pradesh, where a man slapped a woman employee at a toll booth when she refused to let him go without paying the tax.

India News

PM Modi visits Odisha train accident site, promises tough punishment for people responsible for collision

The Prime Minister met the injured passengers and assured them all the help and asked the Cabinet Secretary to provide special care so that the bereaved families are not put to inconvenience.

Published

on

PM Modi with Railway minister Ashwini

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday visited the site of the train accident in Odisha’s Balasore where almost 300 died and some 700 injured. Speaking to the media, he said those guilty of the lapse that led to the accident will be punished.

PM Modi said he shared the anguish of those who have lost their near and dear. He assured the people that all possible help will be provided to the accident-hit families. He said the government will not forgive the culprits and dole out the strictest punishment to them. The Railways are working hard to restore the track, he added.

The Prime Minister met the injured passengers and assured them all the help and asked the Cabinet Secretary to provide special care so that the bereaved families are not put to inconvenience, and those who are affected should keep getting assistance from the government.

He also took stock of the relief and restoration operation on Saturday. PM Modi reached the site with Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw and Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan with other senior officials. He interacted with the disaster relief team and other railways officials as well.

Apart from the announcement by Vaishnaw of Central assistance, PM Modi announced an additional ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh for the kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 for the injured from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund on Friday. On the day of incident, he spoke to Vaishnaw on phone and took stock of the situation. PM Modi had been scheduled to flag off Goa’s first Vande Bharat Express but after the Odisha accident happened, he had the event postponed.

Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge visited the site to provide all possible relief. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, a former Railway Minister herself, also visited the site in Balasore. In Vaishnaw’s presence, she said the incident could have been avoided if the Railways had installed the anti-collision system. She announced a separate Rs 5 lakh compensation for families of those who died in the crash and Rs 1 lakh for those seriously injured, and Rs 50,000 for victims with minor injuries. She also said that West Bengal officers and doctors are on the ground for the relief work.

Continue Reading

India News

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw trolled over missing Kavach after Odisha train accident

Railway minister Ashwini Vaishnav said a high-level probe panel has been set up to look into what happened exactly before the two passenger trains on different lines derailed and collided. There is another question arising on the Coromandel Express’ wrong track.

Published

on

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav

The Odisha train accident has claimed over 280 lives leaving hundreds injured. The Railways have become targets for trolls given the number of deaths in Odisha.

The trolls have been very specific in getting after Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw since he had posted a video on the Kavach anti-collision system n which he explained in detail how the system would work to prevent collisions. Social media users asked the minister why was Kavach not installed on the stretch which saw the horrific accident. Some even demanded Vaishnaw resign. Railway spokesperson Amitabh Sharma confirmed there was no Kavach deployed on the incident route. The Kavach just might have saved so many lives.

Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav said a high-level probe panel has been set up to look into what happened exactly before the two passenger trains on different lines derailed and collided. There are other theories for the accident with some saying the Coromandel Express was on the wrong track.

The Indian Railways had announced to implement Kavach protection system over 2000 km during 2022-23. Around 34,000 km network was planned to be brought under Kavach. With Vaishnaw’s video explaining Kavach getting viral, Trinamool Congress s leader Saket Gokhale said only 2% of the total Railway routes have been brought under Kavach.

Gokhale claimed it was mere repackaging of the anti-collision device proposed by Mamata Banerjee when she was railway minister. In 2011-12, Indian Railways under Banerjee had developed the Train Collision Avoidance System system. The Narendra Modi government typically renamed the system to Kavach only to take credit, Gokhale said.

There was no progress on deploying this crucial rail safety technology until 2019 when three companies were approved for manufacturing and installing Kavach on railway tracks, the Trinamool leader said.

On Twitter, a journalist said similar accidents have happened in the past but the then Railway Ministers like Nitish Kumar and Lal Bahadur Shastri have taken moral responsibility and resigned from the position.

The accident has drawn condolences and outrage from India and abroad. Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif tweeted that he was deeply saddened by the loss of hundreds of lives in the accident. Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau said he was broken at seeing the images from the train accident and extended his condolences to the people who lost their close ones, he said Canadians are with the people of India in this difficult time. The European Commission and Turkey have also expressed their condolences at the loss of lives in the tragedy.   

Continue Reading

India News

Former Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia gets permission to meet his wife, arrives home in custody

Sisodia arrived at his Mathura Road home this morning after he was given bail from 10 am to 5 pm, according to the sources.

Published

on

Former Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia was given temporary relief and permitted to see his ailing wife Seema in the hospital where she was being treated for a deteriorating health condition. His wife is suffering from multiple sclerosis.

Sisodia arrived at his Mathura Road home this morning after he was given bail from 10 am to 5 pm, according to the sources.

However, the High Court permitted him to meet his wife but emphasised that he was not to communicate with the media, anybody outside of his immediate family, or use the internet or his phone.

The court additionally ordered that the medical report of his wife is confirmed and to be positively provided by tomorrow evening.

Further, the bench of Justice Dinesh Kumar Sharma instructed the Tihar jail’s superintendent to take Sisodia to his home, where he is permitted to see his wife from 10 am to 5 pm.

According to a senior jail official, Sisodia was moved under security protection to his home at 9 am, and at 5 pm he will report back.

Meanwhile, the legal team of Sisodia has filed an interim bail request in Delhi High Court, citing his wife’s condition. In the interim bail, the court is requested to grant bail for a period of six weeks.

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) challenged the interim bail through Additional Solicitor General SV Raju, who said, he can visit his wife while being escorted by the police.

For his suspected involvement in the scam, Sisodia was detained by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on February 26, 2023. On May 30, the High Court declined to grant him bail in the CBI case.

He is currently in judicial detention after being detained on March 9 in connection with the case brought by the ED.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com