English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Trending

Zomato rolls back green uniform for veg fleet after backlash

He said that the riders’ physical safety is of paramount importance to the company.

Published

on

Zomato on Wednesday rolled back its decision to introduce a green uniform for the riders delivering pure veg food to vegetarians under the new service after backlash from the people.

Zomato boss Deepinder Goyal said that while the company is going to have a fleet for vegetarians, it has decided to remove the on-ground segregation of this fleet on the ground using the colour green. All its riders including the regular fleet, and fleet for vegetarians, will wear the colour red, Zomato CEO Goyal said in a post on X.

This means that the fleet meant for vegetarian orders will not be identifiable on the ground but will show up on the app that the veg orders will be served by the veg-only fleet, he added. Goyal further clarified that this will ensure that Zomato’s red uniform delivery partners were not incorrectly associated with non-veg food, and blocked by any RWAs or societies during any special days.

He said that the riders’ physical safety is of paramount importance to the company. The company has now realised that even some of its customers could get into trouble with their landlords, and that would not be a nice thing if that happened because of the company, he emphasised.

Goyal also thanked people for talking about this last night. People made the company understand the unintended consequences of this rollout. All the love and all the brickbats were all so useful and helped the company get to this optimal point, Goyal further said. Zomato are always listening, without unnecessary ego, or pride. Goyal said that the company look forward to continue serving customers.

On March 19, an announcement about a pure veg service and a separate colour code caused a huge controversy on social media platforms. Some users criticised it as a form of modern-day casteism. Others argued that this could result in a ban on red-uniform delivery partners entering apartment complexes where vegetarians are in the majority.

This would create inconvenience for those who order non-vegetarian food. Some users also pointed out that this could cause problems for tenants who order non-vegetarian food, especially in localities where it is looked down upon.

India News

Cockroach Janata Party X handle withheld in India, founder launches new digital platform

The satirical digital campaign, Cockroach Janata Party, saw its official X handle withheld in India following a legal demand, prompting its founder to immediately launch a new alternative profile.

Published

on

The official X (formerly Twitter) account of the Cockroach Janata Party (CJP), a satirical digital movement that took social media by storm, was withheld in India on Thursday. According to the microblogging platform, the profile was restricted “in response to a legal demand.”

Responding to the development, the platform’s founder, Abhijeet Dipke, launched a new alternative handle on X within hours, titled ‘Cockroach is Back’, using the tagline ‘Cockroaches Don’t Die’.

Sparked by controversial remarks

The online campaign emerged on May 16, 2026, as a satirical response to an oral observation made by Chief Justice of India Surya Kant during a Supreme Court hearing a day prior. The Chief Justice had reportedly compared unemployed youth to “cockroaches” and “parasites of society,” criticizing those who enter activism or media spaces to attack institutions. Although the Chief Justice later issued a strongly worded clarification stating his comments were misquoted and targeted individuals using fake and bogus professional degrees, the remark had already triggered a massive viral movement online.

The satirical group quickly grew a substantial presence across various social media platforms. Before being withheld, the original X handle had acquired over 201,000 followers, attracting support from digital users, activists, and politicians alike.

Founder calls action a ‘self-goal’

Abhijeet Dipke, a 30-year-old political communication strategist who founded the movement, expressed little surprise over the restriction. Dipke stated that hacking attempts had been observed on their profiles prior to the restriction.

“This action was expected since there were attempts to hack the account yesterday. But this is a self-goal by the government,” Dipke told media. He further alleged that the rapid growth of the handle and the underlying movement might have caused apprehension within administrative circles. The group plans to pursue the matter through legal channels.

Despite the restriction on X within Indian jurisdiction, the movement’s Instagram account remains active, where it has reportedly accumulated significant digital traction. Meanwhile, the newly launched alternative X profile, ‘Cockroach is Back’, rapidly drew tens of thousands of followers within just a few hours of its creation.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Dhurandhar raw and uncut version set for digital premiere on two major streaming platforms

In a major surprise for action film fans, the raw and uncut version of Dhurandhar is launching tomorrow across both Netflix India and JioHotstar with uncensored footage and multiple audio tracks.

Published

on

Dhurandhar

Indian cinema enthusiasts are in for an unexpected treat as the highly anticipated unfiltered version of the blockbuster film Dhurandhar is officially heading to digital platforms. In a surprising double-platform strategy, the raw and uncut cut of the action-packed movie is scheduled to begin streaming on both Netflix India and JioHotstar.

The sudden announcement from the streaming platforms has sparked significant buzz across social media. While much of the recent digital speculation has centered around the streaming schedule for the sequel, media updates have confirmed that this specific raw release applies to the franchise’s first installment. Starting tomorrow, viewers in India will be able to watch the unfiltered version of the movie in multiple regional languages, including Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil, complete with intense gore sequences and raw dialogues that were previously trimmed.

Dual-platform digital release brings uncensored action

The announcement has cleared up initial confusion among fans who were anticipating updates regarding the franchise. While international audiences have seen varied streaming distributions for the franchise, viewers within India will uniquely get access to the first film’s “undekha” (unseen) cut simultaneously on two separate streaming applications.

The standard digital premiere for the second installment, Dhurandhar 2, remains locked for June 4, 2026, on JioHotstar and will mirror the standard censored cut that was showcased during its theatrical run. However, for fans seeking an uncompromising, high-octane cinematic experience, the original film’s extended, raw edition arrives online tomorrow on both competing streaming services.

Continue Reading

Cricket news

IPL 2026 playoff race heats up as Sunrisers Hyderabad lead qualification odds at 75%

Sunrisers Hyderabad lead the IPL 2026 playoff race with the highest qualification probability, while Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals and Punjab Kings remain locked in a close contest for the final spot.

Published

on

SRH

The IPL 2026 playoff race has intensified further, with the latest qualification projections showing a clear edge for Sunrisers Hyderabad, while the battle for the final knockout spot remains wide open among multiple contenders.

According to updated playoff probability estimates following recent matches, Sunrisers Hyderabad hold the strongest position among all teams still in contention, with a 75% chance of qualifying for the top four. Their consistent performances have kept them comfortably ahead in the mid-table scramble.

At the same time, the race behind them has become increasingly tight, with several teams separated only by small percentage margins and net run rate factors beginning to play a decisive role.

CSK, RR and PBKS in close fight for fourth spot

The most competitive battle is currently for the fourth playoff position, where three major franchises remain in contention.

Chennai Super Kings are placed at around 35.5% qualification probability, keeping their campaign alive but under pressure after inconsistent results in recent matches.

Close behind them are Rajasthan Royals, who continue to hover in a similar range with nearly identical chances, making every remaining fixture crucial for their campaign.

Meanwhile, Punjab Kings have seen their prospects weaken further, slipping to around 31% despite still being in the playoff mix. Their position in the points table remains vulnerable as they struggle to build momentum in the final stretch of the league stage.

Other contenders and overall standings

Elsewhere, teams like Gujarat Titans continue to maintain a strong hold on qualification scenarios with a high probability of finishing in the top four, despite occasional setbacks.

Royal Challengers Bengaluru have already secured qualification status, strengthening their position at the top end of the table.

The mid-table remains highly competitive, while Delhi Capitals and Kolkata Knight Riders continue to fight mathematically but face tougher paths due to lower probabilities and net run rate challenges.

What the numbers mean going forward

With only a few league matches remaining, the playoff cutoff is expected to settle around the 16-point mark, making every remaining fixture critical. Net run rate is also likely to become a key deciding factor if multiple teams finish on similar points.

Sunrisers Hyderabad remain in the strongest position, while the battle between Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals and Punjab Kings is expected to go down to the final set of league matches.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com