English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Fire breaks out onboard Avadh Assam Express in Muzaffarpur, no casualties reported | WATCH

A fire broke out in the AC bogie of the Avadh Assam Express near Ramdayalu Railway Gumti in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur on Wednesday evening.

Published

on

Fire breaks out onboard Avadh Assam Express

A fire broke out in the AC bogie of the Avadh Assam Express near Ramdayalu Railway Gumti in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur on Wednesday evening.

According to reports, the smoke started rising from the B-2 bogie of Avadh Assam Express near the Ramdayalu station.

Official said that the train, heading to Lalgarh from Dibrugarh, was flagged off from the Muzaffarpur Railway Station, but after travelling a short distance, passengers aboard the AC bogie noticed a burning smell and smoke nearby triggering a near stampede as commuters headed for safer grounds to escape the raging flames.

The train was immediately halted at Ramdayalu Station where panicked passengers jumped out of the coach to head to safety. However, the fire was doused soon and situation returned to normal, shortly after.

An official said the exact cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained and is being investigated, however, it’s believed that the inferno may have been triggered by a short circuit aboard the train.

However, no official reason has been for the cause of the fire has been given out yet.

A police official said there were no injuries or casualties in the incident.

A video of the incident shared on social media shows a large crowd surrounding the train as passengers are seen exiting the coach with their baggage and standing on the railway tracks.

Read Also: Delhi teacher detained for sexually assaulting 8-year-old school girl

Passengers and bystanders who were near the area when the fire broke out can be seen gathering around the train to catch a glimpse as smoke is seen rising from the train.

In a similar incident, five bogies of the Satyagraha Express train detached from the engine near Majhaulia station in Bettiah in Bihar last week. Miraculously, however, all the passengers escaped unscathed and no injuries were reported.

According to reports, the incident happened at the Muzaffarpur-Narkatiaganj railway section, triggering panic among passengers.

A team of East Central Railway officials immediately rushed to the spot and reattached the separated bogies to the train running from Bihar’s Raxaul district to New Delhi. As per officials, the coupling is used to connect two bogies together malfunctioned resulting in bogies getting separated from the engine.

Delhi liquor policy scam: ED arrests Ad agency owner linked to kickbacks during AAP’s Goa poll campaign

Man creates world record of highest jump out, video viral | WATCH

India News

Union Cabinet approves Jammu and Kashmir High Court bench for Ladakh

The Union Cabinet has approved setting up a Jammu and Kashmir High Court bench in Ladakh to improve access to justice for people in remote areas.

Published

on

The Union Cabinet has decided to set up a bench of the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir in Ladakh, Union Home Minister Amit Shah said on Thursday.

Shah said the decision, taken under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will significantly improve access to justice for citizens living in remote areas of the Union Territory.

According to the Home Minister, the establishment of the bench will reduce the time required for people in Ladakh to access the legal services they are entitled to.

“The Union Cabinet, under the leadership of the PM Shri @narendramodi Ji, has decided to set up a bench of the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir in Ladakh,” Shah said in a message posted on X.

He added that the move will significantly enhance access to justice for citizens living in remote parts of Ladakh by reducing the time needed to avail themselves of legal services.

Shah further said that the government is fully committed to the all-round development of Ladakh and to ensuring constitutional safeguards for the Union Territory.

Continue Reading

India News

Konda Sushmita challenges Revanth Reddy over Parkal ticket, Telangana Congress rift deepens

Konda Sushmita, daughter of Telangana minister Konda Surekha, has openly challenged Chief Minister Revanth Reddy over the Parkal Assembly ticket, bringing fresh internal tensions in the state Congress into focus.

Published

on

A fresh dispute over the Parkal Assembly seat has brought internal differences in the Telangana Congress into the open, with Konda Sushmita, daughter of senior minister Konda Surekha, publicly challenging Chief Minister Revanth Reddy.

Speaking in Parkal on Wednesday, Sushmita questioned the chief minister’s support for sitting MLA Revuri Prakash Reddy and openly challenged his authority over the Congress ticket. Sushmita is aspiring to contest from Parkal on a Congress ticket.

Responding to Revanth Reddy’s backing of the sitting MLA, Sushmita said there was no need to wait for two years and suggested that the MLA should resign and seek a fresh mandate immediately.

She further escalated her remarks by saying, “Whether you, your father, or your grandfather come, I will be the MLA of Parkal.”

Sushmita also said she was prepared to contest the election as an independent candidate if the Congress did not give her the ticket.

Konda Sushmita questions Revanth Reddy’s authority

Sushmita directly questioned the chief minister’s role in deciding her electoral prospects, asking, “Who is Revanth to decide my ticket?”

She also accused Revanth Reddy of arrogance and alleged that his leadership had turned the Congress into a “TD Congress”. She claimed that several leaders associated with the original Congress were unhappy with the direction of the party.

Sushmita also made allegations concerning a Rs 200-crore land deal involving the chief minister’s brother. She warned that she could reveal what she described as other alleged scams involving members of Revanth Reddy’s family.

These allegations were made by Sushmita and are presented as such.

Congress moves into damage control

The public confrontation has prompted disciplinary action within the Telangana Congress.

The party’s state disciplinary committee has sought an explanation from Konda Surekha within three days over her daughter’s remarks against Revanth Reddy.

Separately, senior leader Jakkidi Prabhakar Reddy was suspended, while former minister and Planning Board vice-chairman Chinna Reddy was also asked to explain his position.

The actions came after the Congress high command had emphasised that indiscipline at the ministerial level would not be tolerated and that differences within the party should be resolved internally.

Komatireddy factor adds to Congress tensions

The latest confrontation has also brought the role of Munugode MLA Komatireddy Rajagopal Reddy into focus.

Rajagopal Reddy has publicly criticised the Revanth Reddy government, including by raising corruption-related allegations and questioning the role of outsiders and sections of the administration.

His criticism adds another dimension to the internal tensions already visible within the Telangana Congress.

Old guard vs Revanth-era leadership

At the centre of the dispute is a broader divide between the Congress’s established leadership and the power structure that has emerged under Revanth Reddy.

The party’s senior leadership includes Deputy Chief Minister Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, N Uttam Kumar Reddy, Komatireddy Venkat Reddy, D Sridhar Babu, Damodar Rajanarasimha and Konda Surekha, along with veteran leader V Hanumantha Rao. Several of these leaders had previously expressed reservations about Revanth Reddy’s rise and his elevation as TPCC chief.

On the other side is the organisational structure associated with Revanth Reddy’s leadership. It includes TPCC president B Mahesh Kumar Goud, CWC special invitee Ch Vamshi Chand Reddy, Chamala Kiran Kumar Reddy, Rajya Sabha MPs Anil Kumar Yadav and Vem Narender Reddy.

Ministers including Ponguleti Srinivasa Reddy and D Anasuya Seethakka have also been described as being aligned with Revanth Reddy.

What happens next in Telangana Congress?

The public challenge from Konda Sushmita has turned what could have remained an internal ticket dispute into a broader political confrontation.

The Congress leadership now faces the challenge of managing dissent among senior leaders while maintaining the authority of the chief minister. A tough disciplinary approach could risk further alienating established leaders with regional influence, while allowing open dissent to continue could weaken the leadership’s control over the state unit.

For now, the Parkal ticket dispute has become another visible sign of the internal tensions within the Telangana Congress.

Continue Reading

India News

Bhubaneswar cab strike turns violent, 80 protesters arrested, 13 cops hurt

A strike by app-based cab and bike drivers in Bhubaneswar turned violent, leaving 13 police personnel injured and 80 protesters arrested.

Published

on

The ongoing protest by app-based cab and bike drivers in Bhubaneswar escalated into violence on Wednesday, with police arresting around 80 protesters and reporting injuries to 13 personnel.

The drivers and bike riders have been on a cease-work protest since August 17 over a seven-point charter of demands that includes a fare hike, lower application fees, social security and other benefits.

Hundreds of protesters marched from Raj Mahal Square towards Mahatma Gandhi Marg on Wednesday and blocked the road, affecting traffic around Master Canteen Square and areas close to the railway station.

Protesters allegedly pelt stones at police

According to police, personnel deployed at the spot attempted to persuade the protesters to clear the road. The situation allegedly turned violent when some protesters threw stones at the police force.

Police also alleged that three police vans and several government-run Ama buses were vandalised during the incident.

Narasingha Bhol, Additional Commissioner of Police (Cuttack-Bhubaneswar), said 13 police personnel, including the inspector in charge of the Capital Police Station, were injured.

“We are examining the CCTV footage. Strict legal action will be taken against all those who indulged in the violence,” Bhol said.

Bhubaneswar DCP Jagmohan Meena said around 80 protesters were arrested and vehicles parked at the protest site were seized.

The DCP said police had permitted the drivers to demonstrate at Mahatma Gandhi Marg on August 17, but the protesters continued their agitation and blocked a major road, causing inconvenience to commuters.

The situation has since returned to normal, with vehicular movement resuming. Police have also deployed additional personnel at Lower PMG.

Transport authority examines seized vehicles

The transport authority has started examining the documents of the vehicles seized during the protest.

Additional Transport Commissioner Sangram Patnaik said registration certificates of vehicles without valid documents would be cancelled.

“We are examining the details of the seized vehicles. We will cancel the registration certificate of vehicles that don’t have valid documents,” Patnaik said.

The prolonged strike has also affected commuters, with a large number of cabs, bikes and auto-rickshaws remaining off the roads.

Odisha government working on fare chart

Odisha Transport Minister Bibhuti Bhusan Jena said the government is preparing a rate chart for online cab and bike ride operators.

Housing and Urban Development Minister K C Mahapatra said the government also plans to further improve the Odisha Yatri app, with the aim of ensuring that drivers receive greater benefits from rides.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com