English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Covaxin approved for emergency use on kids aged 2-18 years

If the Drug Controller General of India approves the recommendations of Covid-19 Expert Committee then it will be the second vaccine cleared for use on kids after Zydus Cadilla’s three-dose DNA jab approval in August.

Published

on

covaxin

An expert committee on Tuesday approved Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin for emergency use on children between the ages of 2 to 18. The made-in-India vaccine will be administered in two doses, with a gap of 28 days between the first and second dose.

If the Drug Controller General of India approves the recommendations of Covid-19 Expert Committee then it will be the second vaccine cleared for use on kids after Zydus Cadilla’s three-dose DNA jab approval in August.

Hyderabad-based India’s first Covid vaccine manufacturer Bharat Biotech had completed Phase-2 and Phase-3 trials of Covaxin on children aged 2 to 18 in September and submitted the trial data to the Drugs and Comptroller General of India (DCGI) at the start of this month.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organisation is yet to grant emergency use authorisation to Covaxin. Bharat Biotech had reportedly submitted all documents required for the listing to the WHO by July 9, and the WHO review process, which takes close to 6 weeks, had commenced by July-end.

Last month, the DCGI had cleared trials of Serum Institute’s Novavax, the third potential Covid vaccine for children between 7 and 11 years. A fourth is Biological E’s Corbevax, which has been cleared to conduct advanced trials on children above five.

India is looking forward to vaccinating children after administering nearly 96 crore doses to adults. India has so far fully vaccinated less than 30 crore of its 130 crore population.

2024 Lok Sabha Elections

Prime Minister Narendra Modi says listening to Hanuman Chalisa under Congress rule is a crime

PM Modi was addressing an election rally in Rajasthan’s Tonk-Sawai Madhopur, on a day as India celebrates Hanuman Jayanti.

Published

on

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday hit out at the Congress and said even listening to Hanuman Chalisa has become a crime under the party’s rule. The Prime Minister also said it was difficult to follow one’s faith under the party and accused it of hatching a deep conspiracy to snatch people’s wealth and distribute it among selected few people in the society. PM Modi was addressing an election rally in Rajasthan’s Tonk-Sawai Madhopur, on a day as India celebrates Hanuman Jayanti.

PM Modi said in a state like Rajasthan where people chant Ram-Ram, Congress banned Ram Navami. He reffered to the redistribution of wealth remarks he had made during a rally in Rajasthan’s Banswara on Sunday and said it has angered the Congress and INDI Alliance so much that they have started throwing abuses at Modi everywhere.

The Prime Minister said that Congress has written in their manifesto that they will survey the wealth. He said the Congress leadership had said in a speech that an X-ray of wealth will be done. He added when Modi exposed the secret then the hidden agenda came out and this has left the people trembling. PM Modi further added that the Congress party has played with the Constitution of the India.

He said when the Constitution was drafted, reservations based on religion were opposed, so that Scheduled Casts (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) could get protection. He said former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh had said that Muslims have the first right to the country’s resources.  The prime minister further added Congress’s ideology has always been of appeasement and vote bank politics. He said stones would still be pelted in Jammu and Kashmir, and enemies would still be cutting off the heads of India’s soldiers had Congress been in power.

Continue Reading

2024 Lok Sabha Elections

NCP (SP) leader Sharad Pawar says Prime Minister Narendra Modi is trying to create fear like Russian President Vladimir Putin

Sharad Pawar said that former prime ministers worked to make a new India but PM Modi only criticises others and does not speak about what his government has done for the people of India in the last 10 years.

Published

on

NCP (SP) leader Sharad Pawar on Monday attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said that he fears a new Putin is in the making in India. Pawar alleged PM Modi is trying to create fear and emulating Russian President Vladimir Putin. Sharad Pawar said that former prime ministers worked to make a new India but PM Modi only criticises others and does not speak about what his government has done for the people of India in the last 10 years.

Sharad Pawar was addressing a campaign rally in Amravati for a Maha Vikas Aghadi candidate and said former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru’s contribution to the nation cannot be questioned. He said some BJP leaders had spoken publicly about changing the Constitution and appealed to the people to stop allowing autocracy from taking shape in India.

Pawar said he had seen Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, and had seen the work of almost all Prime Ministers ranging from Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi, and Narasimha Rao to Manmohan Singh. The NCP (SP) chief said he had seen that their efforts were to make a new India, but PM Modi knows only how to criticize. He said nobody in history can forget the contribution of former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, but the PM Modi continuously criticises him.

Sharad Pawar further added that he wanted to apologise to the people of Amravati for the mistake he had committed in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections by supporting Navneet Rana. He hailed Shiv Sena (UBT) led by Uddhav Thackeray for taking up the responsibility to protect the national interest by working closely with the Congress and the NCP (SP) as they did in the past. Speaking to the media, Pawar said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s constant attack on the Congress was not a wise decision as that party is not in power.

Continue Reading

India News

Salman Khan house firing case: Mumbai crime branch recovers gun, cartridges from Tapi River in Surat

One gun and some cartridges have been recovered from the Tapi river in Surat by the Mumbai Crime Branch in the firing case outside Salman Khan’s residence, as per reports.

Published

on

The Mumbai Crime Branch on Monday, April 22, found a gun and some live cartridges, which was used for firing outside Salman Khan’s house, from Tapi River in Gujarat’s Surat.

This is a fresh update related the gunfire incident outside Salman Khan’s apartment at the Galaxy Apartment in Bandra on April 14. According to the crime branch, they are currently looking for another gun.

It is interesting to note that the accused, after performing the crime, dropped the gun into the Tapi River in Surat.

As to the Mumbai Crime Branch, the shooters who opened fire outside Salman Khan’s residence have two guns and were instructed to shoot 10 rounds of fire.

Outside the actor’s apartment at the Galaxy Apartments in the early hours of April 14, two people arrived on a motorcycle and fired four rounds.The attackers left the location shortly after the event. Both individuals were wearing headgear and carrying backpacks, according to surveillance footage.

The Mumbai Crime Branch has taken the accused Vicky Gupta with them to the Surat Tapi river, where they had thrown the gun. The police can add more sections to this case. More than ten people’s statements have been recorded in the Salman Khan case, and the recording process is still ongoing.

The Mumbai Crime Branch announced on April 20 that three more sections have been added to the FIR against the offenders in an effort to step up the investigation into the shooting incident at Bollywood actor Salman Khan’s home.

The case has been appended with the extra sections under IPC 506(2) (threatening), 115 (abetment), and 201 (tampering with evidence). Gangster Lawrence Bishnoi and his brother Anmol Bishnoi have been named as wanted suspects in connection with the crime, according to Mumbai Crime Branch police.

Shortly after the shooting, Anmol Bishnoi, the younger brother of criminal Lawrence Bishnoi, who is currently incarcerated, allegedly claimed responsibility for the incident on Facebook.

Notably, Salman’s security level has been increased to Y-Plus since November 2022 because to threats from gangsters Lawrence Bishnoi and Goldy Brar. The actor also obtained a new armored vehicles for increased protection and was given permission to carry a handgun on his person.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com