English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Israel-Hamas war: Air India suspends scheduled flights to Israel till October 18

Under the aegis of Operation Ajay launched by the government to bring Indians who wish to come back from Israel, Air India has operated two flights

Published

on

Israel-Hamas war: Air India suspends scheduled flights to Israel till October 18

Amid the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, Air India has extended the suspension of its scheduled flights to and from Tel Aviv till October 18, according to reports. The airline, which normally operates five weekly scheduled flights to Tel Aviv, had earlier suspended the services till October 14.

An official from the airline today told Press Trust of India that the scheduled flights to and from Tel Aviv have now been suspended till October 18. However, the carrier will operate chartered flights to bring back Indians depending on the requirements, the official told the news agency. On a normal schedule, Air India operates five weekly flights to Tel Aviv from Delhi.

The weekly flights are operated on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. In addition, under the aegis of Operation Ajay launched by the government to bring Indians who wish to come back from Israel, Air India has operated two flights, as yet.

After the unprecedented attacks on Israeli cities by Hamas, Israel has launched a massive counter offensive. The Israel’s Defence Force has initiated airstrikes on the Gaza Strip that killed at least 324 people in the past 24 hours alone, including 126 children, the Hamas-controlled health ministry said. Furthermore, there were 88 women among those killed, it said, adding that 1,018 were wounded over that period.

Meanwhile, Israel Defense Forces asserted that it had killed a senior member of the Hamas terror group in an overnight airstrike in the Gaza Strip, according to reports. The Israel Defense Forces mentioned that the airstrike killed the head of Hamas’s aerial array, Murad Abu Murad. Reports stated that the strike targeted a headquarters from which the terror group managed its aerial activity.

According to local media reports, Abu Murad took a big part in directing terrorists during the massacre last Saturday, which included attackers who entered Israel from the air on hang gliders. The Israel Defence Force (IDF) said that it hit dozens of sites belonging to Hamas’s commando forces, who led the infiltration into Israel on October 7, in separate strikes overnight.

India News

India issues advisory to nationals in Bangladesh amid job quota violence

Contact Numbers :
@ihcdhaka

+880-1937400591 (also on WhatsApp)

@ahcichittagong

+880-1814654797 / +880-1814654799 (also on WhatsApp)

@IRajshahi

+880-1788148696 (also on WhatsApp)

@ahcisylhet

+880-1313076411 (also on WhatsApp)

@ahcikhulna

+880-1812817799 (also on WhatsApp)

Published

on

On Thursday, India issued a caution advisory for its citizens and students in Bangladesh urging them to minimize their movement outside their residences amid escalating disturbance related to the proposed change in job quotas.

Sharing an advisory, the High Commission urged the Indian community members and the Indian students residing in Bangladesh to avoid travel and minimize their movement outside their living premises. In case of any urgency or case for assistance, please reach out to the High Commission and Indian Assistance High Commissions on the following numbers, the advisory added.

Contact Numbers :

@ihcdhaka +880-1937400591 (also on WhatsApp)

@ahcichittagong +880-1814654797 / +880-1814654799 (also on WhatsApp)

@IRajshahi +880-1788148696 (also on WhatsApp)

@ahcisylhet +880-1313076411 (also on WhatsApp)

@ahcikhulna +880-1812817799 (also on WhatsApp)

According to reports, the situation got worse, following the widespread clashes across the country,  after the deaths of six individuals, including four students and 100 others got injured in the demonstration.

In an ongoing situation in Bangladesh, the Indian community has been given instructions to avoid unnecessary travel and minimize their outside movement. Emergency contact numbers were provided for help from the High Commission and Assistant High Commissions.

Further, it was stated that on Wednesday, the unrest arose from protests initiated by students seeking reforms to change the quota system of government job allotment. These demonstrations peaked in a nationwide shutdown on July 18 in response to the actions of the security forces.

Asif Mahmud, a well-known figure in the movement, communicated plans for a global shutdown of all non-essential services, except critical institutions such as hospitals and some emergency services, which will remain closed and only ambulance services will be permitted. The movement called upon students from various educational institutions to participate actively and called on guardians to support their cause in a newspaper.

In response to the escalating tensions, security measures were enhanced with the deployment of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) troops in significant cities and the increased presence of police forces on university campuses.

This deployment was aimed at maintaining order and ensuring the safety of citizens amidst the volatile situation. The advisory emphasizes the importance of caution and availability among Indian nationals in Bangladesh to provide support and guidance while emphasizing the gravity of the ongoing unrest and its potential implications.

Continue Reading

India News

Karnataka Govt halts private jobs quota-for-locals Bill amidst criticism

The State Cabinet had on July 15 approved the Bill that gives reservation of 50% for administrative posts and 75% for non-administrative posts for Kannadigas in private industries and other organizations of the State.   

Published

on

The Karnataka government has paused a Bill that mandate job reservation for locals in the private sector amid criticism from the business community. The State Cabinet had on July 15 approved the Bill that gives reservation of 50% for administrative posts and 75% for non-administrative posts for Kannadigas in private industries and other organizations of the State.   

Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, taking to X, has said that the government will have a relook at the bill before it is tabled in the state Assembly. He said the draft bill intended to provide reservations for Kannadigas in private sector companies, industries, and enterprises is still in the preparation stage. A comprehensive discussion will be held in the next cabinet meeting to make a final decision, he emphasised.

Earlier, Siddaramaiah said the Cabinet meeting has approved a bill to make it mandatory to hire 100 per cent Kannadigas for C and D-grade posts in all private industries in the State.

The post further read, “It is our government’s wish that the Kannadigas should avoid being deprived of jobs in the land of Kannada and should be given an opportunity to build a comfortable life in the motherland.” He said that his government is a pro-Kannada government and their priority is to look after the welfare of Kannadigas.

After criticism from the industry, the Karnataka CM deleted the post and then shared another post in Kannada that talks about giving reservation of 50% for administrative posts and 75% for non-administrative posts for Kannadigas in private industries and other organizations of the State.

Speaking to the media, Labour Minister Santosh Lad said the government is trying to introduce a law to give preference to locally available skills. He added that at the management level, it has been decided to provide reservations to 50% of the people.

At the non-management level, it has been decided to provide work to 70%, he said. If a particular skill is not available, people can be outsourced and they can be given work here. But the Government is trying to bring in a law to give preference to locally available skills, the minister further added.

In response to the government’s announcement about the passage of the Bill, industry leaders and unions voiced concerns that it would impede industry growth by pushing away skilled workers not protected by the quota. Nasscom, the apex body for the technology industry in India, stated that the Bill was “deeply disturbing”.

Continue Reading

India News

Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah deletes post on reservation for Kannadigas in private sector after backlash from business community

the Cabinet meeting held yesterday approved a bill to make it mandatory to hire 100 per cent Kannadigas for C and D-grade posts in all private industries in the State.

Published

on

Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday deleted his social media post on the reservation Bill, which reserves seats in groups C and D for Kannadigas only in the private sector, after backlash from the business community.

Announcing the Bill on X, Siddaramaiah said the Cabinet meeting held yesterday approved a bill to make it mandatory to hire 100 per cent Kannadigas for C and D-grade posts in all private industries in the State.

The post further read, “It is our government’s wish that the Kannadigas should avoid being deprived of jobs in the land of Kannada and should be given an opportunity to build a comfortable life in the motherland.” He said that his government is a pro-Kannada government and their priority is to look after the welfare of Kannadigas.

Later after criticism from industry leaders, the Kartnataka CM deleted the post and then shared another post in Kannada that talks about giving reservation of 50% for administrative posts and 75% for non-administrative posts for Kannadigas in private industries and other organizations of the State.

Speaking to the media, Labour Minister Santosh Lad said the government is trying to introduce a law to give preference to locally available skills. He added that at the management level, it has been decided to provide reservations to 50% of the people.

At the non-management level, it has been decided to provide work to 70%, he said. If a particular skill is not available, people can be outsourced and they can be given work here. But the Government is trying to bring in a law to give preference to locally available skills, the minister further added.

In response to the government’s announcement about the passage of the Bill, industry leaders and unions voiced concerns that it would impede industry growth by pushing away skilled workers not protected by the quota. Nasscom, the apex body for the technology industry in India, stated that the Bill was “deeply disturbing”.

Mohandas Pai, a Padma Shri Awardee and former CFO and Board Member at Infosys, also said that the government must focus on increasing jobs, training, and educating Kannada youth instead of driving away investment. Karnataka is India’s best state, adding that he said we should not destroy this. Pai termed the Bill as ‘discriminatory, regressive, and against the Constitution’ even as he attacked the ruling Congress for the decision.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com