English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

India hands back Chinese soldier who strayed into Ladakh

Chushul-Moldo

Published

on

india china

A Chinese soldier, who was apprehended by Indian forces in eastern Ladakh after he inadvertently crossed over into Indian territory, was handed back to China at the Chushul-Moldo border personnel meeting point on Tuesday night. According to Indian Army officials the soldier, Corporal Wang Ya Long, an armourer in the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), was released after completion of all formalities.

The PLA soldier was taken into custody by the Indian troops on Monday in the Demchok sector when they found him in a state of disorientation. He was interrogated by China experts before the release. According to an official, there was no espionage angle. The soldier was also provided medical assistance including oxygen, food and warm clothes to help him survive in severe climatic conditions.

Earlier on Tuesday, China had asked for the early release of the soldier. The spokesperson of the Chinese foreign ministry in Beijing had said that the soldier went missing while trying the assist the local herdsmen in finding their yaks. China had said that it hoped India would live up to its promise of handing over the soldier as soon as possible. He said that that he hopes the country would implement the consensus reached by the two countries in the 7th round of meeting of Senior Commanders so that peace can be maintained at the border.

Read Also: When will the Chinese be thrown out: Rahul Gandhi asks PM Modi before address to nation

India and China have been locked in a standoff for almost sixth months. Despite several rounds of military talks, no breakthrough has been achieved yet in this regard. In the last round of talks, India made its stand clear that the country wanted complete de-escalation at the face-off site of the troops as well as along the entire LAC in eastern Ladakh. The eighth round of talks between the two countries is likely to be held this week.

India News

Melody runs out of stock on quick-commerce apps as viral PM Modi-Meloni video triggers candy frenzy

A casual diplomatic gift has triggered an unprecedented consumer rush, leaving quick-commerce apps like Blinkit, Zepto, and Instamart completely out of stock of the iconic Melody candy.

Published

on

A simple packet of the classic chocolate-and-caramel toffee Melody has unexpectedly gone viral after a light-hearted diplomatic moment between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni triggered a wave of online buzz and consumer interest in India.

Viral Modi-Meloni moment drives internet frenzy

The trend began after a video of PM Narendra Modi gifting a packet of Parle Melody to Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni during his visit gained traction on social media. The clip shows the two leaders sharing a warm and informal exchange, which quickly caught the attention of users online.

Meloni’s positive reaction in the video and the friendly interaction between the two leaders helped fuel the popularity of the moment, which users soon began referring to as part of the “Melodi” meme trend.

Melody demand spikes on quick-commerce platforms

Following the viral spread of the video, demand for Melody toffees reportedly surged across India. Users on social media began sharing screenshots showing the candy listed as out of stock on quick-commerce platforms such as Blinkit and Zepto in several locations.

The sudden spike in interest led to widespread discussion online, with many users humorously linking the diplomatic moment to the sudden shortage of the nostalgic candy.

‘Melodi’ meme trend returns

Beyond the retail impact, the interaction once again revived the popular “Melodi” meme trend on social media. Users flooded platforms with memes, edits, and humorous posts referencing the friendly exchange between the two leaders.

The trend highlights how light-hearted diplomatic moments can quickly evolve into viral cultural phenomena in the digital age.

Continue Reading

India News

Congress to join Vijay cabinet in Tamil Nadu after 59 years, two MLAs set to become ministers

Published

on

The Congress party is set to become part of the Tamil Nadu government for the first time in nearly six decades, with two of its MLAs expected to join Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay’s cabinet in an upcoming expansion.

According to reports, the Congress leadership has approved the induction of two legislators into the Vijay-led administration, marking the party’s return to power-sharing in Tamil Nadu after 59 years.

The development comes days after actor-turned-politician Vijay’s party, Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK), formed the government in Tamil Nadu following the 2026 Assembly elections. Congress had extended support to TVK during the government formation process earlier this month.

Reports said MLAs K Rajesh Kumar and P Viswanathan are among the likely Congress leaders to be sworn in as ministers. The cabinet expansion is expected to strengthen the alliance between TVK and Congress while also giving Congress a direct role in governance in the state.

Congress had last been part of the Tamil Nadu government in 1967, making the latest move a major political milestone in the state’s history. Political observers see the decision as an attempt to consolidate the ruling alliance and maintain stability in the new government.

The TVK government led by Vijay has already begun administrative restructuring and portfolio allocation after taking office earlier this month. Vijay retained key departments including Home, Police and Youth Welfare in the initial cabinet formation.

The Congress leadership had earlier indicated its willingness to participate in the Tamil Nadu government after extending support to Vijay during the post-election negotiations.

Continue Reading

India News

BJP attacks Rahul Gandhi over traitor remark against PM Modi, Amit Shah

Published

on

Rahul-Gandhi

Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi triggered a sharp political controversy on Wednesday after calling Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh “traitors” during an address to Congress workers in Uttar Pradesh’s Rae Bareli.

The remarks drew an immediate backlash from the Bharatiya Janata Party, with several leaders accusing the Congress MP of using “the language of terrorists” and attempting to insult democratic institutions.

According to reports, Rahul Gandhi told party workers that when RSS members speak about PM Modi and Amit Shah, they should respond by saying, “Your Prime Minister is a traitor, your home minister is a traitor, your organisation is a traitor.” He further alleged that the ruling establishment had “worked to sell out India” and attacked the Constitution as well as the ideals of Dr BR Ambedkar and Mahatma Gandhi.

The Congress leader made the remarks while addressing workers in Rae Bareli, his parliamentary constituency in Uttar Pradesh. His comments quickly became the centre of a heated political exchange between the BJP and Congress.

BJP leaders strongly condemned the statement, saying Rahul Gandhi’s comments crossed democratic boundaries. Party leaders claimed his language echoed narratives used by hostile elements against India and accused him of targeting the Indian state for political gains.

The controversy intensified further after Rahul Gandhi also criticised PM Modi over a viral video showing the Prime Minister gifting a packet of “Melody” candy to Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni during his visit to Rome. Gandhi reportedly mocked the gesture amid ongoing political debates over economic and governance issues.

The latest exchange adds to the escalating war of words between the BJP and Congress ahead of key political battles in several states and the broader national political contest. Political tensions between the two parties have intensified in recent weeks over issues ranging from governance and foreign visits to economic concerns and constitutional debates.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com