By: Kritika Bobal
Govardhan Puja, also known as Annakoot Puja, is a Hindu festival held on the fourth day of the Diwali celebration, which lasts five days. Devotees worship Govardhan Hill and prepare and serve a wide range of vegetarian cuisine to Lord Krishna as a token of gratitude during this festival. It is commonly observed in northern India on the first day of Shukla Paksha in the Hindu month of Kartik.
The special dish made on Govardhan Puja is Annakoot Ki Sabzi which is a medley of vegetables ideally prepared with 56 different ingredients for Annakut Bhog or Prasad, also known as Chappan Bhog. It is generally made with a large number of seasonal vegetables like eggplant, radish, carrot, bottle gourd, cauliflower, potato, peas, etc. Green leafy vegetables like spinach, fenugreek, etc. are also used. This recipe has no ginger or garlic because it is made for a festival.
Annakoot ki Sabzi is initially offered to the Lord on the day of Goverdhan Pooja, and then it is distributed as prasad to everyone else. It’s usually served with roti or poori, along with moong dal, kadhi, and chawal.
Here’s how to make Annakoot Ki Sabzi?
Before you begin, wash and cut all of the veggies and set them aside. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add cooking oil. Reduce the heat to low and add Mustard Seeds to the heated oil. Add the Cumin Seeds when the Rai begins to sizzle and cook for a few seconds.
In a pan, combine the asafoetida, red chili powder, and turmeric powder.
In a large frying pan, mix the minced ginger, green chilies, and all of the chopped veggies (potato, cauliflower florets, radish, eggplant, peas, etc).
Add some salt and fully combine all of the veggies with the spices before sauteing for a few minutes.
Now, Garam Masala and Coriander Powder are added to the pan.
Stir the chopped green vegetables, such as spinach and fenugreek leaves, until well mixed. Add chopped tomatoes. and mix them well, then cover with a lid. Stir occasionally and cook for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are soft.
Annakoot Ki Sabzi is ready. If prepared on the auspicious day of Govardhan Puja, it is first presented to Lord Krishna as Prasad and then eaten hot with Roti or Poori.
Here are some of the following videos that can help you cook Annakoot Ki Sabzi without any hassle:
Raksha Bandhan 2023: Quotes, wishes, messages, Whatsapp status, images
Raksha Bandhan is a Hindu festival that commemorates the special relationship between siblings.
Raksha Bandhan is a Hindu festival that commemorates the special relationship between siblings. Raksha Bandhan is today, August 30th, which falls on a Wednesday this year. The auspicious time to tie Rakhi and perform the ceremonies will be after 9:01 pm on August 30 due to Bhadra Kaal. Rakhi can be celebrated before 07:05 AM on August 31st if you cannot celebrate it on the night of August 30th.
Five Happy Raksha Bandhan quotes
1. The bond between a brother and sister is unbreakable, just like the thread of Rakhi.
2. On this Raksha Bandhan, I promise to always protect and support you, my dear sister.
3. Siblings may fight, but their love is forever tied with the thread of Rakhi.
4. A brother is a friend given by nature, and a sister is a gift from the heart.
5. Raksha Bandhan celebrates the beautiful journey of love, care, and memories shared by siblings.
Five best Raksha Bandhan wishes
1. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my dear brother! You are my protector and my best friend. I am so grateful to have you in my life.
2. To my amazing sister, Happy Raksha Bandhan! You are my confidante and my source of strength. I love you more than words can say.
3. May this Raksha Bandhan bring you all the happiness and love in the world. You are the best brother/sister a person could ask for.
4. I am so lucky to have you as my brother/sister. You are always there for me, no matter what. I love you more than anything in the world.
5. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my dearest brother/sister! You are my everything. I love you to the moon and back.
Messages that can be shared on this auspicious day
1. On this Raksha Bandhan, I am grateful for the strong bond we share. May our connection grow even stronger with time. Happy Rakhi!
2. Wishing you a Raksha Bandhan filled with joy, laughter and the warmth of our special bond. Happy Rakhi!
3. This Rakhi, I promise to always stand by your side, protecting you from all troubles. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
4. Remembering all the sweet and silly moments we’ve shared. Here’s to more laughter and love on this Raksha Bandhan. Happy Rakhi!
5. No matter the distance, our bond remains unbreakable. Sending you love and hugs on this Rakhi. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
Happy Raksha Bandhan WhatsApp status
1. Celebrating the eternal bond of love and protection on this Raksha Bandhan.
2. Siblings by chance, friends by choice. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my partner-in-crime.
3. To the one who’s always been my shield and confidant – Happy Rakhi.
4. Cherishing the memories, sharing the laughter is what Raksha Bandhan is all about.
5. No matter the distance, our bond remains strong. Wishing you a joyous Raksha Bandhan.
Happy Raksha Bandhan 2023 images to share on this auspicious day.
Akshaya Tritiya 2023: Check gold prices in your city today
if you’re planning to buy gold today, here are 22-carat and 24-carat rates in your city
Akshaya Tritiya is being celebrated today, April 22, across the country. Buying gold on this festival is said to be considered auspicious and Indians have been following this ritual for ages.
Akshaya means never diminishing it is believed that buying gold at this festival guarantees endless wealth. Many also believe that buying precious metals on this day brings prosperity and good luck.
So, if you’re planning to buy gold today, here are 22-carat and 24-carat rates in your city
|Gold Rate||Gold Rate In Bangalore||Gold Rate In Chennai||Gold Rate In Delhi||Gold Rate In Hyderabad||Gold Rate In Mumbai|
24 Carat Gold Price in India Today
|Gram||24K Gold Price|
|1 gram||₹ 6,019|
|8 grams||₹ 48,152|
|10 grams||₹ 60,190|
|100 grams||₹ 6,01,900|
22 Carat Gold Price in India Today
|Gram||22K Gold Price|
|1 gram||₹ 5,514|
|8 grams||₹ 44,112|
|10 grams||₹ 55,140|
|100 grams||₹ 5,51,400|
As per Hindu mythology, Akshaya Tritiya marks the start of Satyug and it is believed that on this day Lord Krishna gave Draupadi a patra (leaf) in which an abundance of food appeared for the Pandavas, who were then in exile.
Mythologically, it was on this day that the river Ganga descended from heaven to earth. The goddess Annapurna is also believed to have been born on Akshaya Tritiya.
Ram Navami 2023: Wishes, greetings, messages, images to share with your friends and family
This year, Ram Navami will be celebrated on March 30, 2023.
Ram Navami is one of the auspicious festivals of Hindus which is celebrated every year during March or April. Ram Navami marks the birthday of Lord Ram, the seventh avatar of the deity Vishnu.
This festival is a part of the Chaitra Navaratri in the spring, and falls on the ninth day of the bright half (Shukla Paksha) of Chaitra, the first month in the Hindu calendar. This year, Ram Navami will be celebrated on March 30, 2023.
On the occasion of Ram Navami, here are wishes, greetings, messages and images to share with your friends and family on Chaitra Navratri.
Ram Navami 2023: Wishes
- May the divine grace of Lord Rama always be with you. Wish you a very happy and prosperous Rama Navami.
- With the blessings of Lord Ram, may you achieve success in all your endeavours. Shubh Ram Navami to you and your family.
- On the occasion of Ram Navami, let us offer prayers to Lord Ram to seek his blessings. Let us pray for happiness, harmony and success in our life. Happy Ram Navami to you and your family.
- Lord Ram is the eternal savior with the power to change our lives with his divine blessings. Let us come together to offer him prayers on Ram Navami and be blessed. Happy Ram Navami.
- May Lord Ram guide you towards the path of righteousness and bless you with happiness, peace and prosperity. Happy Ram Navami!
Ram Navami 2023: Greetings
- On this holy occasion of Ram Navami, I wish that the blessings of Lord Ram are with you and your family. May your heart and home be filled with happiness, peace and prosperity. Happy Ram Navami.
- When you have the choicest blessings of Lord Ram with you, you don’t have to worry about anything in life. Wishing a very Happy Ram Navami.
- May the divine blessings of Lord Ram bring you peace, happiness and success in all your endeavors. Happy Ram Navami!
- May the blessings of Lord Ram be with you always, guiding you towards the path of righteousness and enlightenment. Happy Ram Navami!
- Let us celebrate the triumph of good over evil and seek blessings from Lord Rama on this auspicious day. Happy Ram Navami!
Ram Navami 2023: Messages
- I wish that this auspicious day bring along happiness to you and your family and fill your life with prosperity and joy. May there is more brightness and more glory in your life. May you are always blessed. Wishing you a very Happy Ram Navami.
- Sending warm wishes to you on Ram Navami. May Lord Ram is always there to protect you, shower you with blessings. May you offer your prayers to him every day and seek his blessings for a happier life. Happy Ram Navami to you.
- I pray that you and your family enjoy this wonderful occasion of Ram Navami. I wish that happiness and prosperity, peace and harmony prevail in every facet of your life making it a perfect one. Sending best wishes on Ram Navami to you my dear.
- Jinke mann mein hai Shri Ram, jeevan mein hai unke sukh, chain aur aaram. Unke charno mein jisne vaara hai apna jeevan, mil gaya hai use prem aur gyan. Ram Navami hi hardik badhaiyan.
- On this occasion of Ram Navami, I wish that Lord Ram is always there with you and your loved ones showering his blessings on you and showing you the right path to walk on. I wish your hearts are filled with peace and home with happiness. Warm wishes on Ram Navami to you.