English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Delhi to give Rs 1 crore financial assistance to families of 6 defence personnel killed on duty

The personnel whose families will receive the compensation are Sanket Kaushik, Rajesh Kumar, Sunit Mohanty, Meet Kumar, Vikas Kumar and Pravesh Kumar.

Published

on

Kejriwal

The Delhi government on Saturday announced Rs 1 crore financial assistance to the families of six defence personnel who died in the line of duty and said that the government stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the kin of these bravehearts.

Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said that the Aam Aadmi Party government will compensate the families of three personnel from the Air Force, two from Delhi police and one from Civil Defence.

Sisodia tweeted in Hindi that the Delhi government decided to give Rs 1 crore to the families of six martyrs who sacrificed their life for the country. He wrote in his tweet that out of these, three were from Indian Air Force, two from Delhi Police and one from Civil Defense.

Sisodia made the announcement during an online briefing and said the decision was taken during a meeting on Saturday to honour these men and support their families. he also said Arvind Kejriwal government salutes the martyrdom of its brave fighters.

During press briefing, Sisodia said although loss of a soldier is irreparable, the Kejriwal government after coming to power launched the scheme to provide ex gratia to families of such personnel so it could become a source for them to live with dignity.

The personnel whose families will receive the compensation are Sanket Kaushik, Rajesh Kumar, Sunit Mohanty, Meet Kumar, Vikas Kumar and Pravesh Kumar.

Sisodia also spoke about the unfortunate incidents in which the personnel lost their lives.

Read Also: Kajal Aggarwal turns 36, husband Gautam Kitchlu shares 30 unseen pictures to relive memories

At the end of the briefing, Sisodia said the Delhi government stands shoulder to shoulder with the families of soldiers who were killed while serving the country. The Delhi government is with the families of the martyrs and this ex-gratia gives a surety to all security forces personnel who take part in operations or in war that the public and the government are with them.

India News

PM Modi-Muhammad Yunus hold first talks after Bangladesh regime change

PM Narendra Modi held his first meeting with Bangladesh’s interim leader Muhammad Yunus since the Hasina government’s ouster. The meeting comes amid strained ties and controversial comments by Yunus.

Published

on

Modi Yunus meet

In a significant diplomatic development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with Muhammad Yunus, the Chief Advisor of Bangladesh’s interim government, for the first time since the regime change in Dhaka. The meeting took place on the sidelines of the BIMSTEC Summit in Bangkok, with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval also in attendance.

This high-level engagement marks a critical step in recalibrating bilateral ties that have grown tense following the ouster of the Sheikh Hasina-led Awami League government in August last year. Relations between the two neighbours have cooled amid political upheaval in Bangladesh and increasing Dhaka-Beijing proximity.

Northeastern remarks spark backlash in India

Adding to the diplomatic friction were controversial remarks by M Yunus during a recent visit to China. In a viral video, Yunus described India’s Northeastern states as “landlocked” and positioned Bangladesh as their gateway to the ocean, even calling it a potential “extension for the Chinese economy.”

These comments triggered strong political reactions in India, especially from Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, who condemned the statements as “offensive and strongly condemnable.” He expressed concern over narratives targeting the strategic Chicken’s Neck corridor and called for bolstering transport infrastructure to ensure better connectivity of the Northeast with the rest of the country.

Sarma urged the central government to explore alternative road and rail routes that bypass the Chicken’s Neck corridor and cautioned against underestimating the strategic implications of such provocative statements.

India watches Dhaka-Beijing ties with caution

The meeting comes amid India’s rising unease over Bangladesh’s growing tilt toward China, particularly following the political transition in Dhaka. Despite tensions, Prime Minister Modi had written to M Yunus on March 26, extending greetings on Bangladesh’s Independence Day. In his letter, Modi underscored the importance of mutual sensitivity, shared history from the Liberation War, and a continued commitment to peace and prosperity.

India has also voiced concerns in recent months over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh, an issue on which Dhaka has maintained that it is a domestic matter.

With this first formal interaction between Modi and Yunus, both sides may be attempting to arrest the diplomatic drift, though challenges remain, especially in the context of security sensitivities and regional geopolitics.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

RJ Mahvash breaks silence on Yuzvendra Chahal dating rumours, says she’s single

RJ Mahvash has clarified she is not dating Yuzvendra Chahal, stating she only dates when there’s a potential for marriage.

Published

on

Chahal dating rumours

Instagram influencer and podcast host RJ Mahvash has finally addressed ongoing rumours linking her with Indian cricketer Yuzvendra Chahal. After the two were spotted together at the ICC Champions Trophy final, social media was abuzz with speculation about a possible romance. However, Mahvash has now clarified her relationship status, stating that she is very much single.

In a candid podcast appearance, Mahvash dismissed any notions of casual dating. I don’t even believe in casual dating. I will only date someone I want to get married to, she said, adding that she doesn’t understand the idea of modern-day marriages.

“Marriage concept doesn’t make sense to me anymore,” says Mahvash.

Opening up about her personal journey, Mahvash revealed that she was engaged at the age of 19 but ended the relationship by the time she turned 21. Reflecting on her upbringing in Aligarh, she said,“Growing up, we were conditioned to believe that marriage was the ultimate goal. But now I’ve hit pause on that idea.”

She explained that her stance on love and relationships has changed significantly since then. “I’m that kind of person who sees a future first. Like in the film Dhoom, I see the wife and kids behind the bike,” she quipped.

This revelation comes at a time when Chahal has officially ended his marriage with Dhanashree Verma, fueling public interest in his post-divorce life. While Mahvash’s comments have put a stop to dating rumours for now, her firm stance suggests she’s not looking for fleeting connections.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Panchayat Season 4: TVF and Prime Video confirm return of rural drama on show’s 5th anniversary

On the fifth anniversary of the series, TVF and Prime Video announced that Panchayat Season 4 will be released on July 2, 2025.

Published

on

Panchayat S4 release date

The beloved comedy-drama Panchayat has officially completed five years since its debut on April 3, 2020. To mark the occasion, the makers have announced that Panchayat Season 4 will premiere on July 2, 2025, much to the excitement of fans across the country.

The announcement was made via a special promotional video released by Prime Video, featuring lead actor Jitendra Kumar, actress Jia Manek of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya fame, and internet sensation Darshan Magdum.

Cast and creators return for Season 4

The upcoming season will once again see the return of its star cast, including Neena Gupta, Raghubir Yadav, Chandan Roy, Sanvikaa, Faisal Malik, Durgesh Kumar, Sunita Rajwar, and Pankaj Jha, alongside Jitendra Kumar.

Produced by The Viral Fever (TVF), the show continues to be created by Deepak Kumar Mishra and Chandan Kumar, with direction by Deepak Kumar Mishra and Akshat Vijaywargiya.

Journey of a cult favourite

Panchayat follows the life of an engineering graduate who takes up a job as a Panchayat secretary in the fictional rural village of Phulera, Uttar Pradesh. The show has received widespread acclaim for its grounded storytelling, relatable characters, and humorous take on rural administration and village life.

The announcement of Season 4 not only celebrates its legacy but also assures fans that the charm of Phulera will return in the coming months with new twists and stories.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com