English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest Politics News

Madhya Pradesh elections: Priyanka Gandhi promises Rs 1000 scholarship for Class 9, 10 students, Rs 1500 for class 11, 12

In Chitrakoot rally, Priyanka Gandhi announced that under the aegis of the Padhao Padhao scheme, Congress will facilitate free education from Class 1 to 12.

Published

on

Ahead of the assembly elections on November 17 in Madhya Pradesh, Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi held a public meeting at Chitrakoot. During her address, the Congress leader made a slew of promises that will be fulfilled if voted to power in the state, which has been ruled by the BJP for 18 years now. 

In Chitrakoot rally, Priyanka Gandhi announced that under the aegis of Padhao Padhao scheme, Congress will facilitate free education from Class 1 to 12. In addition, the party will also provide Rs 500 for class 1-8, Rs 1000 for class 9-10 and Rs 1500 for class 11-12. This is not the first time that Priyanka Gandhi has pitched about the Padhao Padhao scheme. 

Earlier while addressing a public meeting on October 12 in tribal-dominated Mandla in Madhya Pradesh, she announced that once her party comes to power in the state, schoolchildren would be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 500 to Rs 1,500. Nonetheless, the party is yet to clarify about the eligibility for the scholarship.

The other promises made by the Congress General Secretary are women of the state will be given Rs 15,000 rupees every month, gas cylinders will be provided for Rs 500, the old pension scheme will be applicable, unemployment allowance of Rs 3000 will be given per month, 100 unit electricity will be waived off, 2 lakh vacant government post will be filled, farmers loans will be waived off, 100% waiver of competitive exams will also be provided, 27% reservation for backward people, free insurance up to Rs 25 lakh including family, and accident insurance of Rs 10 lakh. 

Meanwhile, earlier on Thursday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi alleged that the Congress does not have a development roadmap for the state, therefore the voters should keep the political party away from power. He warned that if Congress comes even by mistake then all the help from the government will be stopped. The Prime Minister also claimed that Congress has only brought destruction.

India News

Shehzad Poonawalla steps down from BJP, says personal and financial pressures led to decision 

Shehzad Poonawalla has resigned from the BJP, citing pressing financial and personal circumstances, and said he will move to the private sector.

Published

on

Shehzad Punawalla

Shehzad Poonawalla on Monday resigned from the BJP, citing what he described as pressing financial and personal circumstances.

The BJP’s national spokesperson said he had first submitted his resignation on July 30. However, the party did not accept it at the time and asked him to reconsider his decision.

Poonawalla has now reiterated his decision to step down as the BJP’s national spokesperson and relinquish his primary membership of the party.

In his resignation letter to BJP president Nitin Nabin, Poonawalla said that after “long and hard contemplation”, he had decided to seek relief from his organisational responsibilities and active primary membership.

He also referred to developments involving certain individuals in recent days, saying they had reinforced his earlier decision. He did not name anyone in his letter.

Shehzad Poonawalla thanks BJP leadership

Poonawalla said he was touched that the BJP had initially declined to accept his resignation and expressed gratitude towards the party leadership.

He thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP president Nitin Nabin, Home Minister Amit Shah, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and BJP General Secretary (Organisation) BL Santosh for the platform and opportunities he received during his five years with the party.

Poonawalla said his decision to leave was not driven by any sense of hurt and described his sentiments towards the party leadership with “gratefulness, love, affection, and highest regard”.

He said that his decision was linked to pressing financial and personal circumstances and that he would move into the private sector.

At the same time, Poonawalla said he would continue to support Prime Minister Modi’s vision and work, as well as that of the BJP, wherever possible.

“I am only leaving the Vyavastha not the Vyakti or Vichar,” he said.

Shehzad Poonawalla’s political journey

A lawyer, Poonawalla began his political career with the Congress before later joining the BJP.

He came into prominence in 2017 after publicly questioning the Congress’s internal election process. He alleged that the process was rigged in favour of Rahul Gandhi for the post of party president.

Poonawalla subsequently left the Congress and joined the BJP, where he became one of the party’s prominent representatives in television debates.

On July 30, he had also changed his bio on X, removing the reference to himself as “BJP National Spokesperson” while retaining his description as a lifelong follower of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Continue Reading

India News

Kharge, Rahul Gandhi skip Independence Day event for 2nd straight year

Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge and Rahul Gandhi skipped the 80th Independence Day celebrations at the Red Fort for the second consecutive year.

Published

on

Rahul Kharge

Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi skipped the 80th Independence Day celebrations at Delhi’s Red Fort for the second consecutive year.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi led the Independence Day celebrations at the historic venue on Saturday.

The absence of the two senior Congress leaders comes amid strained relations between the ruling party and the Opposition, which further deteriorated during the Monsoon Session of Parliament that concluded on Thursday.

2024 seating controversy

Rahul Gandhi had attended the Independence Day celebrations in 2024 but his seating arrangement triggered a controversy. The Congress leader, who holds the status of a Cabinet minister as Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, was seated in the second-last row during the ceremony at the Red Fort.

The Opposition had criticised the seating arrangement, calling it an insult to the people. The Defence Ministry, which organised the event, said the arrangement had been modified to accommodate Olympians at the venue.

According to protocol, the Leader of the Opposition is seated in the front row during ceremonial events.

Opposition-ruling party tensions

Relations between the government and the Opposition remained tense during the Monsoon Session, which ended on Thursday.

The session saw repeated clashes between the two sides, with both the Opposition and the ruling party blaming each other for the low productivity of Parliament.

The session began on July 20, with students marching towards Parliament on the first day. Twelve bills were passed during the session, while detailed discussion took place on only one legislation, concerning paper leaks.

The Congress, along with the Trinamool Congress and Samajwadi Party, also boycotted the customary tea party hosted by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla after the House was adjourned sine die.

Continue Reading

India News

Assam BJP leader Bikash Dhar found dead, 5 arrested for murder

BJP leader Bikash Dhar, 52, was found dead in an abandoned house in Assam’s Sribhumi district after being reported missing on August 12. Police have arrested five people in connection with the alleged murder.

Published

on

A 52-year-old BJP leader who had been missing for two days was found dead in Assam’s Sribhumi district on Friday, with police alleging that he was murdered.

Bikash Dhar, a resident of Chagalmowa village under Bazaricherra police station, was found dead inside an abandoned house in the Yogicherra area near the Tripura border on Friday morning.

Dhar’s family had filed a missing complaint on August 12 after he left home following a phone call.

According to his son Madan Dhar, Bikash left around 1 pm after saying that he had to attend an emergency meeting. When he did not return and his phone was switched off, the family began searching for him and later approached the police.

Five arrested in murder case

Sribhumi Superintendent of Police Leena Doley said an investigation was launched after the missing complaint was received. The probe was conducted under the supervision of the Additional Superintendent of Police (Crime).

Police said five people have been arrested in connection with the alleged murder. They were identified as Abdul Salam, Sifat Ali, Abdul Ahad, Saiful Ali and Badrul Haque.

According to the police, interrogation of Abdul Salam revealed that the accused had an enmity with Dhar. Police alleged that the group killed him and dumped his body near a water body.

Another person, identified as Sunam Miya, was named during the investigation and reportedly fled to Tripura on the night of the incident.

Police find injury and cut marks on body

Police said injury and cut marks were found on Dhar’s body, and a murder case has been registered.

During the recovery of the alleged weapon, police said accused Badrul Haque attempted to escape from custody. A police constable was injured during the incident.

Police said they fired at Haque’s leg to prevent him from escaping, resulting in a bullet wound.

The investigation into the circumstances surrounding Dhar’s death and the alleged involvement of the accused is underway.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com