English हिन्दी
Connect with us

LATEST SPORTS NEWS

Sania Mirza retires from Australian Open doubles event due to calf injury

Sania Mirza, who partnered with Nadiia Kichenok of Ukraine, was trailing 1-0 in the 2nd set before she was forced to retire with a calf injury.

Published

on

Sania Mirza

Tennis ace Sania Mirza ended her Australian Open 2020 campaign after she retired from her women’s doubles first-round match.

Sania Mirza, who partnered with Nadiia Kichenok of Ukraine, was trailing 1-0 in the 2nd set before she was forced to retire with a calf injury. The calf injury had earlier forced her to pull out of the mixed-doubles event where she was to partner countryman Rohan Bopanna.

Chinese pair of Xinyun Han and Lin Zhu were leading 6-2, 1-0 in the first-round match against the Indo-Ukrainian pair before Mirza decided to stop the match owing to her injury.

She opted out of mixed doubles to focus on doing well in women’s doubles.

“It’s unfortunate that this niggling injury got aggravated in the Hobart final just as I was getting to the top of my game. It is a lot better now and I intend to give it my best shot in doubles. It’s disappointing to miss out on the chance to partner Rohan in mixed,” Mirza had said.

Earlier, Sania Mirza had made a dream comeback on her return to competitive action by winning the Hobart International title along with Nadiia Kichenok, after a two-year-long maternity break.

Cricket news

CSK official reveals MS Dhoni’s plan on retirement

CSK was eliminated from IPL 2024 after a defeat by Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) in their final league match on Saturday.

Published

on

The former captain of Chennai Super Kings (CSK), MS Dhoni, hasn’t yet announced his retirement plan or whether he plans to continue his career in the IPL, but a CSK official has revealed a message Dhoni gave to the management.

CSK was eliminated from IPL 2024 after a defeat by Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) in their final league match on Saturday. Both teams had 14 points each, but due to a higher net-run rate, RCB led by Faf du Plessis qualified for the playoffs. CSK fans were sad not only about the defeat of their team but also about the fact that they might see MS Dhoni for the last time in the IPL. However, a CSK official has revealed that he hasn’t commented on his potential retirement.

The unnamed CSK official revealed that Dhoni has requested that the team management hold off on any decisions regarding his retirement for a few months. He said that Dhoni himself hasn’t reached a conclusion and might be considering another season.

The official also mentioned that Dhoni felt comfortable with his running between the wickets during the IPL, a key concern for some fans regarding his age. Additionally, the introduction of the impact player rule in IPL 2024 might influence Dhoni’s decision. This rule allows teams to bring in a substitute player during the second strategic break, potentially offering Dhoni a more specific role within the team that is less physically demanding.

With Dhoni maintaining his silence and the possibility of the ‘Impact Player’ rule working in his favour, CSK fans might not have seen the last of their beloved captain just yet. The official said that the management would wait for Dhoni’s message on the topic and added that MS Dhoni has always had the best interests of the team in mind.

Continue Reading

Cricket news

Rohit Sharma slams Star Sports for broadcasting private conversation between him and KKR coach Abhishek Nayar, post goes viral

Rohit Sharma did not mince his words as he targeted Star Sports following the viral video clip where he spoke about his chat with Abhishek Nayar.

Published

on

Rohit Sharma slams Star Sports for broadcasting private conversation between him and KKR coach Abhishek Nayar, post goes viral

Indian cricket team captain Rohit Sharma on Sunday slammed Star Sports for recording and broadcasting his private conversation. Sharma took to his social media platform on X and posted that in spite of asking Star Sports to not record his conversation; it was recorded and was also then broadcasted on air, which he referred to as a breach of his privacy.

This comes after a video featuring Rohit Sharma and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) assistant coach Abhishek Nayar went viral on social media platforms where Sharma is seen contemplating his future with the Mumbai Indians team. The former Mumbai Indians captain said, the lives of cricketers have become so intrusive that cameras are now recording every step and conversation they are having in privacy with their friends and colleagues, at training or on match days.

Sharma expressed his concern over the need to get exclusive content which is focused only on views and engagement will have a negative impact on the trust between the cricketers, fans, and cricket.

The post has gone viral on X with 2.2 million views, 2700 comments, 13000 retweets and 73000 likes which are only increasing. Large number of Rohit Sharma fans and cricket enthusiasts commented on the social media post. One X user Archer said that he was surprised on the post by Rohit Sharma and did not see it coming. He added that it was great of Rohit Sharma for calling this out.

One X user Prateek wrote finally captain had to speak against TRP mafia star sports.

Another cricket enthusiast did not agree with Rohit Sharma and wrote that he hardly gave any content with his batting as a result they had to do this.

One Rohit Sharma fan Ayush felt Star Sports should feel shameful for what they have done.

Continue Reading

Cricket news

Royal Challengers Bengaluru beat Chennai Super Kings by 27 runs

With this victory, the Royal Challengers Bengaluru joined Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals and Sun Risers Hyderabad in the playoffs while Chennai Super Kings were eliminated, which means the end of the campaign for MS Dhoni for this IPL season.

Published

on

Royal Challengers Bengaluru beat Chennai Super Kings by 27 runs

Royal Challengers Bengaluru reached the playoffs of the Indian Premier League 2024 with a 27-run win over Chennai Super Kings at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium on Saturday. RCB made 218 runs for the loss of 5 wickets in 20 overs before restricting Chennai Super Kings to a total of 191 runs for the loss of 7 wickets to secure the 4th and final spot in the playoff race and will the contest the eliminator against Sunrisers Hyderabad!

With this victory, the Royal Challengers Bengaluru joined Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals and Sun Risers Hyderabad in the playoffs while Chennai Super Kings were eliminated, which means the end of the campaign for MS Dhoni for this IPL season.

Earlier, Faf du Plessis hit 54 runs off 39 deliveries while Virat Kohli played a crucial knock of 47 runs off 29 deliveries. Rajat Patidar (41 runs off 23 balls) and Cameron Green was 38 not out off 17 deliveries which helped Royal Challengers Bengaluru’s cause. In reply, Chennai Super Kings could only manage 191 runs for the loss of 7 wickets in 20 overs.

The Chennai Super Kings came within touching distance. They needed 10 off the last two deliveries to qualify with Ravindra Jadeja, the batsman who had hit a 6 and 4 to win Chennai Super Kings in their 5th title last year, on strike. But Yash Dayal bowled two off-pace length deliveries to deny Jadeja and Chennai Super Kings.

This was after he was hit for a massive six on the 1st ball of the last over by Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Yash Dayal then used his back-of-the-hand slower one to have him caught at deep square leg. The Chennai Super Kings not only lost the game but also failed to reach the 201-run mark, they needed to enter playoffs.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com