English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Top Stories

Assam: Boat carrying nearly 100 people capsizes in Brahmaputra river, several missing, rescue operation underway

A rescue operation is underway for which divers from the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) have also been deployed.

Published

on

assam boat

More than 10 people, including a senior government official, went missing after a boat carrying around 100 passengers capsized in the Brahmaputra River in Assam’s Dhubri district on Thursday.

Locals launched a rescue operation with country boats and claimed that around 100 passengers were travelling on the boat in the Brahmaputra river and 10 motorcycles were loaded onto it.

A country-made boat capsized in the Brahmaputra river in Dhubri district. Search and rescue teams have started the operations, Gyanendra Dev Tripathi, Chief Executive Officer, Assam State Disaster Management Authority said.

A rescue operation is underway for which divers from the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) have also been deployed. So far, 15 people have been rescued.

Dhubri Circle Officer Sanju Das, along with a land record official and an office staff were also travelling on the boat to survey an erosion-hit area. He remains missing, while the two others managed to swim to safety.

The official informed that the Bhashani-bound boat hit an underwater pillar of the Dhubri-Fulbari bridge, which is under construction and capsized. Several school children were on board and none have been rescued so far, the official also said.

Divers from the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) have also been deployed, another official at Guwahati said.

India News

Allahabad High Court refuses to ban ongoing puja at Vyas Tehkhana inside Gyanvapi mosque complex, grants permission for worship to continue

Advocate Vishnu Shankar Jain who is representing the Hindu side said today the Allahabad High Court has dismissed the first appeal from orders of Anjuman Intezamia which was directed against the order of 17th and 31st January and the effect of the order is that the ongoing puja in the Vyas Tehkhana of Gyanvapi complex will continue.

Published

on

The Allahabad High Court on Monday dismissed the Gyanvapi Mosque committee’s appeal challenging the Varanasi district court’s decision to offer prayers in a cellar in the Gyanvapi mosque complex. Justice Rohit Ranjan Agarwal of the Allahabad high court pronounced the judgement.

He said after going through the entire records of the case and after considering arguments of the parties concerned, the court did not find any ground to interfere in the judgement passed by the District judge dated 17.01.2024 appointing DM, Varanasi as receiver of the property as well as the order dated 31.01.2024 by which the district high court had permitted puja in the Tehkhana.

Advocate Prabhash hailed the verdict and said it is a big victory of Sanatana Dharma. The judge dismissed the pleas that the Muslim side had filed against the District judge’s order. He said this means that the puja will continue as it is. The District magistrate will continue as the receiver of the Tehkhana and the Muslim side can go for a review of the decision.

Another Advocate Vishnu Shankar Jain who is representing the Hindu side said today the Allahabad High Court has dismissed the first appeal from orders of Anjuman Intezamia which was directed against the order of 17th and 31st January and the effect of the order is that the ongoing puja in the Vyas Tehkhana of Gyanvapi complex will continue. He said if the Anjuman Intezamia comes to the Supreme Court, then they will file their caveat before the top court.

The Varanasi court on January 31 had ruled that the Hindu side can offer prayers in the southern cellar of Gyanvapi masjid – the Vyas Tehkhana. The court had also directed the District magistrate to make arrangements for prayers and a priest which is nominated by Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple Trust.

Continue Reading

Top Stories

PM Modi pays tribute to VD Savarkar on death anniversary, says India will remember his valiant spirit

Veer Sawarkar passed away in 1966 on February 26.

Published

on

Prime Minister Narendra Modi today paid tribute to the hero of Hindutva Vinayak Damodar Savarkar and said that India will never forget his unwavering dedication to the country’s freedom and unity.

Born at Bhagur on May 28, 1883, Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, often known as Veer Savarkar, was raised there. Savarkar, an esteemed advocate of the Hindutva ideology, passed away in 1966.

Tributes to Veer Savarkar on his Punya Tithi, PM Modi wrote in a post on X. He also said, India will forever remember his valiant spirit and unwavering dedication to our nation’s freedom and integrity. His achievements motivate us to work toward our nation’s growth and prosperity, rhe PM added.

The national president of the BJP JP Nadda, on his officia X handle said, he pays his tribute to Swatantryaveer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, the great hero of the Indian freedom struggle, the founder of cultural nationalism, an embodiment of unparalleled sacrifice and bravery, on his death anniversary. He also said, millions of his compatriots will always find inspiration in his commitment to securing Mother India’s freedom and fostering cultural awareness in the community.

Meanwhile, following his graduation from Pune College in 1906, Savarkar pursued legal studies in the United Kingdom. He founded the Free India Society that same year.

Savarkar was certain that national education should be given, a revolutionary spirit should be fostered, and the principles of Swadeshi and a boycott of foreign products should all be part of the fight for the freedom of the Motherland.

He was detained in London in 1909 on suspicion of organizing an armed uprising against the Morley-Minto reform. After that, he was given two life terms in the Andaman cellular jail. Savarkar was freed from prison in 1924, but only if he would stay out of politics for five years. He did, however, keep pushing for other social reforms, such as the abolition of untouchability.

Continue Reading

Top Stories

Arvind Kejriwal skips 7th ED summons in excise policy case, AAP says wait for Delhi court order

Arvind Kejriwal has skipped all the seven summons issued by ED to date, saying them as illegal.

Published

on

Delhi chief minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal denied to answer to the seventh summons from the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Monday. The ED was attempting to examine him in connection with a money laundering case involving alleged irregularities in the Delhi excise policy 2021–2022.

The investigation agency should hold off on sending Kejriwal multiple summonses, the AAP claims, and instead wait for a court decision.

Kejriwal has been avoiding questioning since November 2 of last year, when he was originally summoned to depose before the investigative agency but declined, claiming the notice was vague, motivated, and unsustainable in law. On that date, the ED sent him its most recent summons, requesting that he appear before it on February 26.

The dates of the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and fifth summonses were December 18, January 3, February 19, and January 18, respectively. All of the summonses were ignored, though, by the Delhi CM, who called them illegal and wrote to the ED requesting their dismissal.

Kejriwal was also the target of a complaint from the investigation agency for allegedly disobeying its summons in this particular case.

In 2021–2022, the Delhi government introduced an excise policy with the goal of revitalising the city’s struggling liquor sector. It promised swankier stores free of the controversial metal grilles, which would improve the shopping experience for patrons. However, the strategy was abandoned after Delhi Lieutenant Governor VK Saxena, requested a CBI investigation into it, citing irregularities.

The Enforcement Department claims that the AAP under Kejriwal was paid Rs 100 crore in kickbacks to finalise the excise policy. Additionally, it was claimed that the party utilised a substantial portion of this cash for their Goa election campaign.

Former Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia and Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Singh are the two prominent AAP leaders whom the ED has detained so far in this investigation.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com