English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Kidnapped Indian-origin family of 4, including 8-month-old, found dead in California

The bodies of the deceased were discovered by a farm worker in a remote orchard in Merced County.

Published

on

Kidnapped Indian-origin family of 4, including 8-month-old, found dead in California

In a chilling incident, four members of the Indian-origin Sikh family, including an eight-month-old baby girl, were found dead in California, United States in an orchard on Wednesday after they were kidnapped earlier this week. The reports state that the family was abducted at gunpoint on Monday.

The bodies of the deceased were discovered by a farm worker in a remote orchard in Merced County. The victims were identified as baby Aroohi Dheri, Jasleen Kaur, 27, her father, Jasdeep Singh, 36, and the baby’s uncle, Amandeep Singh, 39. According to the officials, the family of four was kidnapped from the family’s trucking company in Merced.

Read Also: Viral: Ravana’s burning effigy fights back, blasts rockets at everyone around, leaves internet in splits | Watch

At a press conference, Sheriff Vern Warnke said tonight our worse fears have been confirmed and called it a horrible senseless act. He further said that the family (of the victim) has been notified. We have made arrangements through other contacts to try and get them, he added. Warnke further said that the police are investigating the matter to find the motivation of the killer.

According to the officials, the convicted robber tried to take his own life after the killings. The police nabbed the 48-year-old Jesus Salgado after they caught him using their ATM card in Atwater in Merced County. The police couldn’t interrogate the accused as he is currently under medical supervision.

The surveillance footage which was released on Wednesday showed that the family was pushed inside a truck by an armed guy. Amandeep and Jasdeep were seen leaving the company with their hands bound. A few seconds later, the mother of the infant and the kidnapper followed them to a truck.

Salgado had previously been found guilty in Merced County of attempted false imprisonment, first-degree robbery with the use of a firearm, and an attempt to deter or persuade a victim or witness. The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation reports that he received an 11-year state prison sentence in that case. He was released from prison in 2015 and discharged from parole three years later.

Uttar Pradesh: 19-year-old girl strangled to death after being raped in Mainpuri

West Bengal: 8 people died by drowning in Mal river during visarjan | Watch

Latest world news

Microsoft outage: Banks, airports, media outlets face technical disruptions worldwide

A worldwide outage becomes a cause of distress for the economy, travel, and businesses around the world.

Published

on

The Microsoft outage is causing disruptions in multiple sectors, including flights, the stock market, and banking operations globally. A worldwide outage today becomes a cause of distress for the economy, travel, and businesses around the world.

All the flights have been grounded by world-major airlines like US airline, American Airlines, United and Delta, as specified by the federal aviation administrator in Australia, The world’s most crowded and industrious airport, Sydney Airport, faced its effect weekend on the corner, it became obstacle for many.

According to reports, many people experienced long queues at Australian stores like Woolworths due to payment system failures and difficulties accessing financial institutions such as the National Australia Bank.

Over 200 flights have been cancelled by the Indian aviation system indigo alone called off 192 flights yet. CrowdStrike, a cybersecurity firm serving various industries, experienced outages across parts of the world on Friday morning, disrupting news broadcasts and grounding flights.

An outage from Microsoft had far-reaching effects, including major disruptions to air travel. Challenges in operations were faced by prominent airlines like Akasa, IndiGo, Air India, Vistara, and SpiceJet in India. Furthermore, Frontier Airlines, Allegiant, and SunCountry, among other low-cost carriers in the US, faced service-related problems.

Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) issues advisory in the wake of Microsoft Windows outage.

The Delhi airport reported that some of its services were affected due to a global IT issue. They are working closely with all stakeholders to minimize the inconvenience to travellers. Passengers are advised to contact their airline or the ground help desk for updated flight information. The airport regrets the inconvenience caused to passengers.

Earlier in the day, Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said that MEITY is in touch with Microsoft and its associates regarding the global outage. The reason for this outage has been identified and updates have been released to resolve the issue. CERT is issuing a technical advisory. NIC network is not affected, he said in a post on X.

The airline company, Air India, issued a customer advisory and said that their digital systems have been impacted temporarily due to the current Microsoft outage resulting in delays. They regretted the inconvenience caused and requested their guests to plan their travel accordingly.

Similarly, Vistara also issued an advisory and informed their customer about the outage saying, they are experiencing technical challenges across various aspects of their operations due to a global outage at our service provider’s end. They said that they are working with them to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Foreign airlines that have been affected are American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Allegiant, Sun Country Airlines, Ryan Air, Air France, Cathay Pacific, Eurowings, KLM, Scandinavian Airlines, and Vueling among others.

Airports that have been affected include New Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Berlin, Prague, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Barcelona.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Trump shooter rejected by school shooting club for being really bad

He had slipped onto a rooftop 140 meters from the stage where Trump was speaking and began firing an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle.

Published

on

Thomas Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old man, who tried to assassinate former US President Donald Trump, was rejected by the school shooting club for being a really bad shooter and making crass jokes, as per the reports.

The Trump shooter was shot dead by the US Secret Services when he attacked the 78-year-old Republican Presidential candidate at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania on July 13 evening. As Trump talked to a large crowd, a continuous gunfire broke out, causing widespread panic and prompting an immediate response from security personnel.

Crooks, who allegedly tried to assassinate former Trump, was a resident of Bethel Park, about an hour away from where the shocking shooting occurred, and he was a member of a local shooting club named Clairton Sportsmen’s Club. He was a high school student who was rejected from his high school’s rifle team for being a terrible shooter.

Crook was shot dead on Saturday, the Secret Service said in a statement. Afterward in the day, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) distinguished him as a Pennsylvanian man. He had slipped onto a rooftop 140 meters from the stage where Trump was speaking and began firing an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle. According to officials, the continued gunfire scuffed Trump’s right ear. The officials added that a 50-year-old man was killed in this incident, and two others were critically injured.

According to reports, Crooks graduated from Bethel Park High School in 2022. He received a $ 500-star award, from the National Math and Science Enterprise, officials also told that Crooks does not have a criminal history according to Pennsylvania’s public court records. Police added that they have not yet identified the official motive behind it.

An individual who claimed to be an eyewitness of the incident, in an interview with the international media, the individual said he and the individuals he was with began yelling at the man, attempting to alarm security. According to the security agency, the shots appeared to have come from outside the area secured by the Secret Service.

Addressing a conference, the FBI stated that they were still working through the security apparatus that the Secret Service had in place to understand what potentially happened. Kevin Rojek, the special agent in charge of the Pittsburgh office, remarked that it was able to fire multiple shots. He included that there is going to be a long examination into exactly what took put and how the person was able to get to the area, what type of weapon he had.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Donald Trump survives assassination attempt, bullet pierces his right ear

The dead gunman has been identified as Thomas Matthew Crooks, aged 20, from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania.

Published

on

Former US President Donald Trump was immediately rushed offstage to his motorcade, with blood visible on his right ear and streaking across his cheek after gunshots erupted at a rally in Pennsylvania in an apparent assassination attempt on Saturday evening.

According to US Secret Services, the former President was injured in a volley of gunfire at 6.15 pm from an elevated position outside the venue. The gunfire erupted a few minutes after Trump began his speech at a rally of supporters in Butler, a rural town in northwestern Pennsylvania.

The available witnesses and footage suggested around eight shots were fired at Trump. The footage also showed him grimacing and raising a hand to his right ear.

Following the incident, the US Secret Service officers neutralised the suspect at the scene. The agency’s spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi said that one bystander was killed in the shooting and two others were critically injured.

The US Secret Service, which is responsible for shielding current and former presidents, said the suspected shooter had fired multiple shots towards the stage and that the assailant was now dead.

The dead gunman has been identified as Thomas Matthew Crooks, aged 20, from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania.

The former US President Trump, in a post to his Truth Social network, said a bullet pierced the upper part of his right ear. Earlier, his spokesperson informed that he was receiving treatment at a local medical centre.

In a post, Trump said he knew immediately that something was wrong in that he claimed that he heard a whizzing sound, and shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin. Trump further wrote that much bleeding took place, so he realized then what was happening.

The incident received condemnation from across the US political spectrum, with President Joe Biden, who spoke to Trump late on Saturday, describing the incident as sick and said the reason why the US needs to be united. There’s no place in America for this kind of violence, Biden asserted.

International leaders also have denounced the act of violence, with UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer saying, he was appalled by the shocking scenes. Japan’s Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said he would pray for President Trump’s speedy recovery. There were conflicting reports about the cause of Trump’s injury.

The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, also expressed his concern over the assassination attempt on former US President Trump and said violence has no place in politics and democracies.

PM Modi wished him a speedy recovery. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased, those injured and the American people”, he added. 

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com