English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Covid sceptic Trump, Melania test positive for coronavirus

The president’s physician, Sean Conley, said the President will continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering and said he will keep people updated on Trump’s health.

Published

on

Donald Trump and Melania

US President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for Covid-19, President Trump confirmed through his official Twitter handle on Friday. He said he and his wife will go into quarantine immediately. Meanwhile, Melania Trump said in her tweet that both of them were feeling good and have postponed all engagements and asked people to stay home and safe.

The president’s physician, Sean Conley, said the White House medical team is maintaining a vigilant watch over Trump’s health. He said the President will continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering and said he will keep people updated on Trump’s health.

Read Also: Top 4 leg workout from home

Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his concern over Trump and the First Lady’s health. Modi tweeted wishing them a quick recovery and good health.

It was reported earlier today that Trump and the First Lady had been tested for Covid-19 and were in quarantine after Hope Hicks, one of the top presidential aides, tested positive for the disease. Hicks was known to regularly travel with Trump on Air Force One and, along with other senior aides, had accompanied him to Ohio for the US presidential debate with Democratic nominee Joe Biden. Hicks returned to the White House earlier this year after a stint in the private sector. She had previously served as Trump’s communications director and as a spokeswoman for his 2016 presidential campaign.

Donald Trump is not the first major leader to test positive for the coronavirus. United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson had contracted the disease in April this year and had spent a week in the hospital in an intensive care unit.

Latest world news

India-Canada row: No special exemption to India, says US NSA Jake Sullivan

Jake Sullivan asserted that this is something that they will keep working on, noting that there was no special exemption to India in the case.

Published

on

US NSA Jake Sullivan

The United States on Thursday affirmed that it is in constant communication with India and Canada amid increasing diplomatic tensions between both the countries. The diplomatic standoff broke out after Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau asserted that his country’s security agencies were investigating a link between the Indian government and the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar. 

Speaking on the matter, US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan told reporters that the US will be in contact with India at the highest level. He added that it is a matter of concern for them and they are taking it seriously. He asserted that this is something that they will keep working on, noting that there was no special exemption to India in the case.

He underlined that there is not some special exemption for actions like this. He added that regardless of the country, they will stand up and defend their basic principles. In addition, he affirmed that the US will also consult closely with allies like Canada as they pursue their law enforcement and diplomatic process.

Jake Sullivan further dismissed reports that the US’s desire to strengthen ties with India would constrain its ability to voice concerns about the allegations. He asserted that the Joe Biden administration took Canada’s allegations seriously and it was in constant contact with Ottawa.

He also noted that the US have deep concerns about the allegations and that they would like to see this investigation carried forward and the perpetrators held to account. Meanwhile, New Delhi outrightly rejected Canada’s allegation as absurd and motivated. In a tit for tat move to Ottawa’s expulsion of an Indian official over the case, New Delhi expelled a senior Canadian diplomat. 

On Thursday, India asked Canada to take action against terrorists and anti-India elements operating from its soil. Furthermore, India also suspended visa services for Canadians, as the diplomatic standoff over Nijjar’s killing pushed their ties to an all-time low.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Canadian High Commission asks Centre to ensure safety, security of its diplomats, staff in India

The High Commission affirmed that all consulates in India are open and operational and will continue to serve clients.

Published

on

Canadian High Commission asks Centre to ensure safety, security of its diplomats, staff in India

Amidst rising tensions between India and Canada, the Canadian High Commission on Thursday asserted that some of its diplomats have received threats on social media. It urged India to provide security for Canadian diplomats and consular officers in the country. The High Commission further revealed that it has decided to temporarily adjust its staff presence in the country. 

The High Commission also affirmed that all consulates in India are open and operational and will continue to serve clients. It added that in the view of the current environment where tensions have heightened, they are taking action to ascertain the safety of their diplomats. It further underlined that Global Affairs Canada is continuously supervising the safety and security of their missions and personnel as they maintain a strict security protocol to respond to any events.

On the other hand, the Vancouver Police Department has tightened security outside India’s Consulate amid planned threats from proscribed group Sikhs for Justice after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau claimed that Indian government agents were responsible for the killing of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar. Const. Tania Visintin, the department’s media relations officer, noted that Vancouver police are not aware of any specific threats to Indian consular officials, but have increased police presence at the downtown Vancouver consulate.

In a shocking claim on Monday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau claimed the country’s security agencies were investigating a link between the Indian government and the killing of Nijjar. Following this, both India and Canada have been engaged in a diplomatic standoff. Earlier on Thursday, India suspended visa services for Canadian nationals until further notice owing to operation reasons.

In a meeting that was held on the sidelines of the G20 Summit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reportedly conveyed strong concerns about continuing anti-India activities of extremist elements in Canada, promoting secessionism and inciting violence against Indian diplomats, damaging diplomatic premises, and threatening the Indian community in Canada and their places of worship.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Gangster Lawrence Bishnoi claims responsibility for Sukhdool Singh’s killing in Canada

Terming Sukhdool Singh, a drug addict, Bishnoi’s gang claimed that he destroyed the lives of many people and that he was untimely punished for his sins.

Published

on

Gangster Lawrence Bishnoi claims responsibility for Sukhdool Singh’s killing in Canada

Gangster Lawrence Bishnoi has reportedly claimed responsibility for the killing of terrorist Sukhdool Singh in Canada’s Winnipeg city. According to reports, in a Facebook post, Lawrence Bishnoi’s gang stated that Sukhdool Singh, aka Sukha Dunuke, had played a pivotal role in the killings of gangsters Gurlal Brar and Vicky Middkhera. They further alleged that the murders were plotted by Sukhdool Singh when he was staying abroad. 

Terming Sukhdool Singh, a drug addict, Bishnoi’s gang claimed that he destroyed the lives of many people and that he was untimely punished for his sins. Lawrence Bishno’s gang also alleged that Sukhdool Singh, a member of Davinder Bambiha, also got Sandeep Nangal Ambiya, another gangster, killed. They added that it gave a stern warning to their enemies, stating they would not be able to live in peace, even if they hide in India or any other country.

The Killing of Sukhdool Singh came amid growing diplomatic tensions between India and Canada over the killing of another Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar in Surrey, British California. Hardeep Singh Nijjar, who was wanted in India, was gunned down outside a gurdwara in June.

Meanwhile, Lawrence Bishnoi is currently behind bars in Ahmedabad in a drugs smuggling case probed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA). In addition, he is also an accused in the Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala murder case.

Sukhdool Singh is reportedly an A-category gangster, who hailed from Punjab’s Moga and earlier escaped from his state to Canada. He was an aide of Khalistani terrorist Arshdeep Singh alias Arsh Dala. As far as reports are concerned, in 2017, Sukhdool Singh alias Sukha Dunuke obtained a passport and a police clearance certificate on forged documents to flee to Canada despite having seven criminal cases lodged against him.

Reports suggested that Sukhdool Singh, an aide of Khalistani terrorist Arshdeep Singh alias Arsh Dala, was killed in an inter-gang rivalry.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com