English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

ED finally Charge Sheets Mallya

Published

on

Vijay Mallya

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Acted after embarrassment at London Court

Amidst being embarrassed in London’s Westminster Court for not providing evidence even after six months, Enforcement Directorate on Wednesday filed charge sheet in the Rs. 900-crore money laundering case against Vijay Mallya and eight others in Mumbai court.

The investigating agency has called Mallya the “Prime Mover of the entire plot” and described how funds obtained through loans were allegedly routed illegally including “substantial payments” to the Formula-1 car racing event abroad.

The charge sheet will now be submitted before the London Court, where Mallya’s extradition case is pending. The next hearing is scheduled on July 6.

ED finally Charge Sheets MallyaThe accused persons, apart from Mallya, include senior employees and executives of the now defunct Kingfisher Airline (KFA) and IDBI Bank. Investigations had found that Mallya and KFA along with IDBI Bank officials “criminally conspired to obtain funds to the tune of Rs. 860.92 crore despite weak financials, negative net-worth, non-compliance of corporate credit policy of new client, non-quality collateral security and low credit rating of  the borrower, out of which Rs. 807.82 crore of principal amount remains unpaid.”

The ED had registered a criminal case under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and has attached assets worth over Rs. 9,600 crore till now. The money trail analysis revealed that out of the total loan of Rs. 860.92 crore sanctioned and disbursed by IDBI Bank, Rs. 423 crore has been remitted out of India. The said payments were shown to be made towards aircraft rental leasing and maintenance, serving and spare parts, the charge sheet said.

On Wednesday, Emma Arbuthnot, The Chief Magistrate of Westminster Magistrates’ Court was quoted as saying, “…are Indians normally very prompt in their responses? They have taken six months so far and we haven’t got any further forward in the past six weeks.”

Mallya, before appearing in the court on that day told the Indian journalists, “I have not eluded any court… I have enough evidence to prove my case.” He taunted Indian authorities, “You can keep dreaming about billion pounds. I don’t make statements to the media because anything I say is twisted. There is enough evidence that will speak.”

Vijay Mallya, the beleaguered liquor baron and owner of the defunct Kingfisher Airline has been in the UK since March 2016. He was arrested by the Scotland Yard on an extradition warrant on April 18.

However, he was granted bail by the court the same day. His bail was extended last Wednesday till December 4, the day when final proceedings are expected. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is also investigating the case.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Entertainment

Magnum P.I. actor Roger E. Mosley dies at 83 in car crash

Veteran actor Roger E. Mosley died in a car accident on Sunday morning. He was best known for his role as the helicopter pilot, Theodore T.C. Calvin, in the CBS television series Magnum P.I. He was 83.

Published

on

actor Roger E. Mosley

Veteran actor Roger E. Mosley died in a car accident on Sunday morning. He was best known for his role as the helicopter pilot, Theodore T.C. Calvin, in the CBS television series Magnum P.I. He was 83.

Mosley succumbed to injuries from a car collision that left him paralyzed from the shoulders down. According to the reports, he died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California after the car collision on Thursday, August 4.

International Cat Day 2022: Cute cat videos that will definitely make your day

Rajasthan: Stampede at Khatu Shyam temple, at least 3 dead, several injured

Continue Reading

Latest Politics News

Chinese fighter jets enter Taiwan Air Defence Zone

Taiwan’s defence ministry said in a statement that 21 People’s Liberation Army (PLA) aircraft entered into Taiwan’s southwest ADIZ on August 02, 2022. However, It overlaps with China’s air defence identification zone.

Published

on

Nancy Pelosi

After the controversial visit of US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, 21 Chinese military fighter jets entered Taiwan’s air defence identification zone (ADIZ) on Tuesday.

Taiwan’s defence ministry said in a statement that 21 People’s Liberation Army (PLA) aircraft entered into Taiwan’s southwest ADIZ on August 02, 2022. However, It overlaps with China’s air defence identification zone.

Defying China’s warning, Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan on Tuesday evening. She said that her delegation’s visit to Taiwan honours America’s unwavering commitment to supporting Taiwan’s vibrant democracy.

Pelosi said that her discussions with Taiwan leadership reaffirm US support for its partner and promote their shared interests, including advancing a free & open Indo-Pacific region.

Taiwan’s Foreign Minister Joseph Wu welcomed Pelosi and thanked her and the congressional delegations for travelling all the way to show their support.

China condemned the visit and said it was a major political provocation and it would launch targeted military operations as a countermeasure.

Read Also: CNG, Piped cooking gas prices hiked in Mumbai, check new rates here

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that the US reneged on its commitment to the Taiwan question. This is contemptible and will only further bankrupt the US’s credibility as a country. He further said that certain US politicians care about nothing but selfish gains and openly play with fire on the Taiwan question.

“History is always similar,” Sharing a photo which mentions Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Libya and Syria, Chinese spokesperson Lijian Zhao tweeted.

China is on high alert and the PLA Eastern command announced that it would hold joint sea and air exercises in the sea and airspace of northern, south-western, and south-eastern Taiwan.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China has warned that if the US insists on following the wrong course of action, then it should be responsible for any serious consequence arising thereof.  

Andhra Pradesh: 50 people hospitalised after gas leak in Industrial area near Visakhapatnam

Kriti Sanon touches 50 million milestone on Instagram

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Osama bin Laden, then Al Zawahiri, who will be the next to take charge as Al-Qaeda chief

Several reports also suggested that Saif al-Adel might be the first and foremost choice to become Al-Zawahri’s successor due to his long history in Al-Qaeda’s inner and senior circle.

Published

on

By

Al-Qaeda chief

Al Qaeda chief Ayman Al Zawahiri was killed in a US air strike in Afghanistan, the biggest blow to the terrorist group since its founder Osama bin Laden was killed in 2011.

Zawahiri succeeded Osama bin Laden after he was killed in an operation led by Us forces in Pakistan’s Abbottabad in May 2011.

With this killing, Al Qaeda which was running under the leadership of Zawahiri since the killing of Osama Bin Laden in 2011 faces an acute succession crisis. After the death of Zawahri, the biggest question arises who will lead the terrorist organization?

Saif al-Adel, Abd al-Rahman al-Maghribi, Yasin al-Suri and Abu Abdul Karim al-Khurasani are in line to become the new Al-Qaeda chief

Saif al-Adel will be the next to take charge as new Al-Qaeda chief, the Middle East Institute (MEI) reported.

Several reports also suggested that he might be the first and foremost choice to become Zawahri’s successor due to his long history in Al-Qaeda’s inner and senior circle.

Read Also: Possible to fight terrorism without being at war in Afghanistan, here’s what Barack Obama said on Al Qaeda chief Zawahiri’s killing

Adel, an Egyptian ex-army officer and founding member of Al Qaeda, is still in United States’ radar for his part in the 1998 United States embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania. He was the one who convinced Laden to appoint bully Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

He had joined the precursor terror group Maktab al-Khidmat in the 1980s.

In recent times, he has been highly active in Iran and keeps issuing directives through Telegrams to terrorist groups in Syria. If he takes al-Zawahiri’s place, he will have to move out of Iran.

The US President Joe Biden announced the Al Qaeda chief’s killing on Monday in a televised address. An air strike neutralised Zawahiri, who was the mastermind of the deadly 9/11 attacks that paralysed the US, Biden said in his address and added that justice has been delivered.The US President Joe Biden announced the Al Qaeda chief’s killing on Monday in a televised address. An air strike neutralised Zawahiri, who was the mastermind of the deadly 9/11 attacks that paralysed the US, Biden said in his address and added that justice has been delivered.

Jammu and Kashmir: Grenade blast occurs in Ramban district, investigation underway

Osama’s successor al-Zawahiri killed in US airstrike

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com