English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Russia: US pursuing double standard in fight against terror in Syria

Published

on

Russia: US pursuing double standard in fight against terror in Syria

Not seen Trump administration’s serious effort, says Lavrov

Russia has slammed US administration for pursuing double standard approach while fighting against terror in Syria and alleged Washington for encouraging bloody provocations against Russian and Syrian forces.

Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov, while talking to Asharq al-Awsat, a London based Arabic-language daily, cast doubt on the activities of US backed militants as well as Washington-led coalition engaged in what they claim to be anti-Daesh (IS) operation in Syria. The interview was published on Wednesday,

“If you apply double standards, divide terrorists into ‘bad’ and ‘very bad,’ force others to enter the coalition on political motives, forgetting about the necessary UN sanction to approve these actions, then it’s hard to speak about the effectiveness of an anti-terror campaign,” Lavrov said.

The Russian allegations against US administration of pursuing “double standard” in Syria came for the first time since President Donald Trump occupied White House in January this year.

“In some cases, these [US-led] forces have indirectly encouraged other terrorists to attack strategic positions rightfully regained by Damascus, or they have deliberately engaged in bloody provocations against our forces,” Lavrov said.

“In other cases, they inspire other terrorists to attack strategic locations over which official Damascus has restored its legitimate authority, or to stage fatal provocations against our military personnel,” he added.

There are reports of increased tension between US-backed militants and Syrian government forces supported by Russia in Syria’s Dayr al-Zawr. This is the largest city in the eastern Syria and the seventh largest in the country.

The Russian Defense Ministry had reportedly said last month that Syrian troops had been twice targeted with mortar and rocket fire from the regions where the US-sponsored Syrian Democratic Forces are active.

According to Tass news agency, Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov has said that Moscow sees no serious efforts by the US-led coalition to fight against the Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group in Syria.

“Until recently, already after the new (US) administration came to power, we don’t see any it’s serious efforts against Jabhat al-Nusra. Although it has a different name now, its essence remains unchanged,” Lavrov said on the sidelines of an internal security meeting in the southern city of Krasnodar.

Russia has been conducting air raids against Daesh and other terror groups in Syria at the request of President Bashar al-Assad since 2015. Damascus has been fighting multiple foreign sponsored terrorist groups since March 2011.

On the contrary, US and its regional allies have been supporting anti Damascus groups in a bid to topple the Bashar al-Assad government in that country.

Latest world news

Turbulence in Singapore Airlines flight leaves 1 dead, 30 injured, plan makes emergency landing in Bangkok

One person died and several sustained injuries after a Singapore Airlines flight from London to Singapore encountered severe turbulence.

Published

on

Turbulence in Singapore Airlines flight leaves 1 dead, 30 injured, plan makes emergency landing in Bangkok

A passenger travelling in Singapore Airlines flight was found dead after the plan encountered severe turbulence caused by adverse weather. Over 30 people were also injured in turbulence. The was coming from London and was going to Singapore.

Singapore Airlines stated in a statement that flight SQ321, which was traveling to Singapore when it took off on Monday from London’s Heathrow Airport, encountered severe turbulence en route. After being diverted, the plane touched down at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok on Tuesday at 3:45 p.m. (local time).

The deceased passenger’s name has not been revealed.

There were 211 passengers and 18 crew members on board at the Boeing 777-300 ER.

The airline also said, they can confirm that there are injuries and one fatality on board the Boeing. However, their priority is to help every passenger and member of the crew on board the aircraft as much as they can. They are sending a team to Bangkok to provide any further aid required, and they are collaborating with the Thai local authorities to provide the required medical assistance, it added.

Medical staff have boarded the aircraft to assess injuries, but the number of casualties has not been confirmed, according to Thai immigration police, and some uninjured passengers have been deplaned.

Emergency personnel from Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital were on hand to help injured passengers get medical attention as soon as they landed. A line of ambulances was seen flowing to the site in videos that Suvarnabhumi Airport shared on the messaging app LINE, according to the reports.

The Singapore Airlines flight was traveling at a height of 37,000 feet, according to tracking data that was obtained by FlightRadar24 and examined by AP. The aircraft abruptly and violently dipped down to 31,000 feet over the course of around three minutes, shortly after 0800 GMT. After less than ten minutes at 31,000 feet, the plane descended quickly and touched down in Bangkok in less than thirty minutes.

Meanwhile, as per experts, these types of injuries typically occur when passengers fail to fasten their seatbelts and the pilot is unable to issue an early warning due to the weather radar data not indicating turbulence. Passengers may get injuries if they are flung around in the cockpit in such circumstances.


Continue Reading

India News

PM Modi condoles Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi’s death says India stands with Iran

PM Narendra Modi extended condolences to Ebrahim Raisi’s family and the people of Iran.

Published

on

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday condoled Iran president Ebrahim Raisi’s death and said he was deeply saddened and shocked by the tragic demise. The PM also said contribution to strengthening India-Iran bilateral ties will always be remembered.

Taking to social media X, formerly Twitter, PM Modi said deeply saddened and shocked by the tragic passing of Iran’s president, Dr. Seyed Ebrahim Raisi. He also said, he will never forget his contribution to the bilateral ties between Iran and India. The PM said his heartfelt condolences are his family and the people of Iran, he added. PM Modi wrote, India stands with Iran in this time of sorrow.

Ebrahim Raisi was found dead a day after his helicopter went missing. He reportedly died in a chopper crash in the mountainous region of the country.

The helicopter crash claimed the lives of officials, bodyguards, and Iran’s foreign minister in addition to Raisi.

State television announced on Monday that Ayatollah Ebrahim Raisi, the servant of the Iranian nation, has achieved the highest level of martyrdom whilst serving the people, and Mehr news agency confirmed his death.

The missing helicopter was being looked for by Iranian authorities since Sunday afternoon.

Reportedly, the crash occurred in the East Azerbaijan province of Iran and claimed the lives of nine individuals, including Raisi and Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian.

There was no proof that the passengers were still alive, according to reports from Iranian media.

Out of the three helicopters in his convoy, only two made it to their destination, including Ebrahim Raisi. He had traveled to the northwest province to join President Ilham Aliyev of Azerbaijan at the inauguration of a dam project in Jolfa.

It was anticipated that Raisi, a devout conservative, would succeed the eighty-year-old Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Since 2021, Ebrahim Raisi has served as Iran’s president. He replaced Hassan Rouhani, the centrist president.

Under his leadership, the death of Mahsa Amini, an Iranian-Kurdish woman who had been detained for violating the Iranian dress code for women, sparked widespread public unrest throughout the nation.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Slovakia’s Prime Minister safe after surviving multiple gunshot

The assailant critically injured 59-year-old Prime Minister Fico by shooting him five times.

Published

on

Slovakia’s Deputy Prime Minister has confirmed today that Prime Minister Robert Fico’s condition is stable, with his life no longer in immediate danger, following an alarming incident where he was shot multiple times.

The Prime Minister was shot by an assassin while he was leaving a meeting on Wednesday.The assailant critically injured 59-year-old Prime Minister Fico by shooting him five times.

Following the attack, Prime Minister Fico was urgently airlifted to the hospital, where he underwent extensive surgery that lasted several hours. Defence Minister Robert Kalinak, addressing reporters from outside the hospital where Fico was receiving treatment on Wednesday, described the Prime Minister’s condition as critical, emphasising that he was fighting for his life.

The identity of the suspect is yet unconfirmed as the police further investigate. Unconfirmed reports from local media suggest that the assailant may have been a 71-year-old writer and political activist.

A video is currently circulating in which the alleged perpetrator can be seen. In the clip, he mentions that he does not agree with government policy.

The shooting has sparked international concern. Expressing shock over the incident, PM Modi conveyed his solidarity with the people of the Slovak Republic, wishing Prime Minister Fico a speedy recovery. He strongly condemned the shooting, denouncing it as a cowardly and despicable act while emphasising the need for unity against such violent acts and reaffirming India’s support for Slovakia during these challenging times.

Earlier, EU chief Ursula von der Leyen also expressed disapproval of the vile attack on Prime Minister Robert Fico . On X, she stated that such acts of violence have no place in society, undermining democracy, the most precious common good. Von der Leyen extended her thoughts to Prime Minister Fico and his family, highlighting the European Union’s solidarity during this challenging time. The condemnation from EU leadership underscores the gravity of the situation and the need for a united stance against violence targeting political figures. As the investigation unfolds, international support for Slovakia remains steadfast, emphasising the importance of upholding democratic principles and ensuring the safety of leaders across Europe.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com