English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

US warns Assad not to attack with Chemical weapons

Published

on

US warns Assad not to attack with Chemical weapons

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Russia calls it provocative

The decisive battle against IS in Syria and Iraq has larger consequences all over the Middle East. The White House has issued a warning to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Monday night that his regime would pay a “heavy price” if it carried out another chemical attack this year.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, in a statement, said that US has identified potential preparations for another chemical weapons attack by the Assad regime that would likely result in the mass murder of civilians, including innocent children. The activities are similar to the preparations the regime made before its April 2, 2017 chemical attack, claimed the statement.

The statement further said “As we have previously stated, the US is in Syria to eliminate the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). However, if Mr Assad conducts another mass murder attack using chemical weapons, he and his military will pay a heavy price”.

In April this year Syrian President Bashar al-Assad denied the use of chemical weapons saying that reports were “100% fabricated”. In an exclusive interview with a French news agency, he said that his country doesn’t   have chemical weapons and that it was an excuse being used by the US to attack his country.

US had accused Syrian government of a reported “chemical attack” in the rebel held Idlib province that killed dozens of people. Trump administration authorized a missile strike on Syrian government controlled air base from which US officials said that Syrian military launched the chemical attack. Fifty nine cruise missiles, each carrying a 1000 pound warheads destroyed the airfield along with dozens of Syrian warplanes.

Meanwhile a Russian Lawmaker Tuesday dismissed the US warning about a potential chemical weapons attack in Syria as an “unprecedented provocation”, and the Kremlin called the accusations against Syria “unacceptable”.

In December 2016, Turkey had accused US of backing what they call “terrorist groups” in Syria. President Recep Erdogan claimed he had evidence that US led coalition forces give support to the ISIS and Kurdish groups including People’s Protection Units and Democratic Union Party.

However, the US state department dismissed Erdogan’s claims as “ludicrous”.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Latest world news

Iran couple, who danced on Tehran’s streets, sentenced to prison | WATCH

A young Iranian couple can be seen dancing alone in front of the Azadi Tower in Tehran in the video. They walk together while grinning. As he raises her into the air, her uncovered hair falls behind her.

Published

on

Iran couple dance

A young Iranian couple can be seen dancing alone in front of the Azadi Tower in Tehran in the video. They walk together while grinning. As he raises her into the air, her uncovered hair falls behind her.

Early in November—weeks after Mahsa Amini, 22, died at the hands of the police, igniting massive demonstrations in Iran—the video went viral on social media. These protests intensified in the months that followed as a result of the government’s mass arrests and death programme.

Watch the viral video here:

According to Mizan, a news outlet supervised by the country’s judiciary, the pair, Astiyazh Haghighi, 21, and Amir Mohammad Ahmadi, 22, have now each been given a five-year prison sentence on allegations such as colluding against national security and propaganda against the establishment.

The couple was detained on Nov 1 after they disregarded orders to stop their malicious behaviour online, according to the agency, which claimed they used their Instagram profiles to call for people to engage in the riots, a reference to the protests.

Each of the couple’s Instagram profiles has close to a million subscribers. Haghighi identifies herself a blogger on her Instagram page. Her photographs depict a young woman who is enthusiastic about both her romance and fashion. She presents herself in baggy attire. Her bleach-blond hair is occasionally portrayed partially covered by a hood, hat, or bandanna.

Read Also: Kiara Advani-Sidharth Malhotra wedding date and venue revealed, couple opts for destination wedding in Rajasthan

According to Skylar Thompson, who oversees campaigning for Human Rights Activists in Iran, the judgement was rendered by Abolghassem Salavati, a Revolutionary Court judge known for handing out severe punishments. According to her, Haghighi was being imprisoned at Qarchak, a notorious and remote facility for incarcerating women southeast of the capital. According to her, Ahmadi was held at the Evin prison.

Thompson stated it another illustration of how devastating a system lacking complete due process can be — and has been for many years, adding that their arrests were the latest evidence of Iran’s ill-functioning court.

According to the assessment of the organisation, 763 Iranians who took part in the protests have already faced trials and been found guilty.

The video, which was posted at the height of the protests, touched a nerve with Iranians and received a lot of attention on social media. The Iranian police, who were attempting to put an end to the demonstrations, took notice of it as well. The video was eventually removed, but other social media users have already uploaded it.

Akshay Kumar-Tiger Shroff grooves to Main Khiladi Tu Anari Song, fans rush in with praise | WATCH

Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani: Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt’s film to hit silver screen on THIS date

Continue Reading

Latest world news

FBI searches US President Joe Biden’s Delaware beach house, no classified documents found

The Federal Bureau of Investigation did not find any classified documents at US Joe Biden’s Delaware beach house, his attorney Bob Bauer said on Wednesday.

Published

on

US President Joe Biden

The Federal Bureau of Investigation did not find any classified documents at US Joe Biden’s Delaware beach house, his attorney Bob Bauer said on Wednesday. However, the agents did take some materials and handwritten notes relating to his time as vice president during the Obama administration for “further review.”

The US law enforcement conducted a search of Biden’s Rehoboth beach house in Delaware to hunt for improperly stored classified documents. The president’s lawyer said that search was done with Biden’s “full support and cooperation”.

The search followed after some classified documents were found Biden’s home in Wilmington and a former office space in Washington, DC.

The controversy has been played up by Republican-backed outlets as the incumbent president prepares to face a tough challenge from potential GOP- nominee and former president Donald Trump in the 2024 elections.

A Department of Justice (DoJ) appointed special counsel has been assigned to run an independent investigation, similar to another special counsel overseeing the probe of Trump’s stash of classified documents discovered at his home in Florida.

Read Also: Video of Bihar IAS abusing officials during meeting goes viral, Twitter users call his tone justified | Watch

The White House has watered down the discovery of classified documents as Biden’s “accidental mistakes” in storing the decade old documents from his time as vice president under the Obama administration.

However, unlike Trump, who allegedly resisted handing over the classified documents after leaving the White House in 2021, Biden claims he has cooperated with the authorities ever since classified documents turned up from his former office in Washington DC.

More documents were discovered by the FBI from Biden’s private home in n Wilmington, the Delaware house, less often used by the Bidens, is now the third of the President’s properties searched by the LEA.

Biden’s attorney in a statement claimed that the DoJ launched the Delaware search without “advance public notice” but Biden cooperated.

Case filed in Bombay HC against Kiren Rijiju, Vice President for remarks against judiciary

Gorakhpur: 70-year-old man marries his 28-year-old daughter-in-law, photos viral | Know the story here

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Indian-American Republican Nikki Haley poised to launch 2024 US Presidential bid

Two-time South Carolina Governor and former US Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley is poised to launch her Presidential bid for 2024 US elections on February 15

Published

on

Indian-American Republican Nikki Haley

Two-time South Carolina Governor and former US Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley is poised to launch her Presidential bid for 2024 US elections on February 15. Haley, 51, will become the first Republic Party leader to challenge former US president Donald Trump who is seeking the party’s nomination for 2024 polls.

According to a report by the Post and Courier, Haley is soon sending out an invite to her backers in which she has advertised a “special announcement” on February 15 at The Shed at the Charleston Visitor Center, a downtown gathering spot that could draw hundreds of supporters into the heart of the city’s tourism district.

When she enters the race, Haley will be the first contender to join the contest against her former boss, who is currently the sole Republican seeking his party’s 2024 nomination.

According to the South Carolina-based daily, the confirmation of Haley entering the Presidential race came on January 31 from a member of her inner circle. Previously, Haley had famously said would not run against Trump if her former boss decided to run again. However, she has shifted her stance recently citing the need for the US to look toward a different path.

According to the Washington Post, Haley could release a video signalling her plan for a White House bid as soon as this week. Trump, 76, announced his run last year.

Read Also: 3-year-old raped and murdered by mother’s boyfriend in Bengaluru, police say

In a recent tweet, Haley said it’s time for a new generation and a new leadership; “and its time to take our country back. America is worth the fight — and we’re just getting started.”

Haley told Fox News last month that the US needs a new leader who can take the country in a new direction.

In the Fox News interview, Haley emphasized that Democrat President Joe Biden, 80, should not be given a second term. When asked if she believes she is up for the job, Haley confidently answered that the current situation in the US demands a new leader and she can be that person who takes America in a new direction.

The next US presidential election is scheduled to be held on November 5, 2024.

Nikki Haley, an Indian-American, was born Nimrata Randhawa to Ajit Singh Randhawa and mother Raj Kaur Randhawa, who had emigrated from Punjab to Canada and then to the US in the 1960s. Her father was a professor at the Punjab Agricultural University, and her mother received a law degree from the Delhi University.

Budget 2023: Capital expenditure outlay hiked by 33 percent to Rs 10 lakh crore

Budget 2023: Nirmala Sitharaman announces Rs 2.40 lakh crore outlay for Railways; Kavach anti-collision system introduced

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com