English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

2000 cops on high alert as Sabarimala Temple schedules to reopen on Monday

Published

on

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Continuing its opposition to Supreme Court’s verdict on allowing women of all ages in the Sabarimala temple, its management committee has advised the media houses not to depute women journalists to cover the developments in the revered shrine.

The entry of women into Sabarimala temple has become a long running issue and the petitions filed against this practice seems to be unseen or one can say that the Supreme Court’s verdict are challenged again and again and this can be the reason that the situation remains the same as it was previous.

Now, when the temple is going to be open for 24 hours on Monday, the security of women is really a matter of concern as on October 17 and 18, when the temple reopened for the first time since the judgement lifting the ban was passed, protests led by right-wing groups broke out in Sabarimala where many men and women were brutally beaten at Pamba and Nilakkal.

But this time the situation will not remain the same as it has been reported that 20 Deputy Superintendents of Police’s, 42 circle inspectors, 78 sub-inspectors, 1,876 civil police officers and 105 women civil police officers will be deployed by the police in Sabarimala and its premises. Along with this, a commando team will also be deployed in case of an emergency situation.

Read More: Review petition filed in Supreme Court against Sabarimala verdict

According to Pathanamthitta district Superintendent of Police T Narayanan, “If there are any requests, the police will see that the apex court verdict is carried out. None other than the pilgrims would be given permission to the designated areas of the temple,” said Narayanan.

In a verdict on September 28, the Supreme Court allowed women of all age groups to enter the temple which led to mass protests. Despite of heavy police protection the protesters created much nuisance but hoping for a change this time and may the situation remains in control.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

2024 Lok Sabha Elections

Amit Shah to conduct roadshow in Assam’s Silchar today

Union home minister Amit Shah will be campaign is expected to start at 4:30 pm today

Published

on

As part of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) campaign for the Lok Sabha Election, Union Home Minister Amit Shah will be holding a mega roadshow in Silchar, Assam today, April 21.

According to Silchar Member of Parliament (MP) Rajdeep Roy, Shah would arrive at Silchar Airport in a special aircraft at 4:10 p.m. and arrive in Silchar town via helicopter. He said, they are expecting the roadshow to start around 4.30pm.

Shah will be doing campaign work for Parimal Suklabaidya, the BJP’s nominee for the Silchar Lok Sabha seat. Following the delimitation procedure in Assam last year by the Election Commission, Silchar was designated as a reserve seat for candidates from scheduled castes. Suklabaidya, a five-term member of parliament from the Cachar district, has held several portfolios under the Assam government.

In addition to accompanying Amit Shah on the roadshow on Sunday, Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma predicted that Parimal will win by a margin of two to three lakh votes over the rival contenders.

Shah’s rally, will begin from the playground owned by the District Sports Association (DSA) in Silchar and culminate at the Chittaranjan Statue Point, according to Roy. Over a lakh of supporters will participate in the roughly 1.5-kilometer walk. During the roadshow, Shah is scheduled to deliver a speech, he continued.

Central security agencies and senior Assam police officers staged a mock drill in Silchar’s streets ahead of Shah’s rally. According to them, sufficient security has been set up before the home minister’s arrival.

According to party officials, bad weather has forced Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge to cancel his Sunday visit to an event in the Karimganj district of Assam.

The Congress party’s Rajat Chakraborty announced that Kharge’s visit has been canceled owing to Friday night’s thunderstorms and intense rain. The agencies suggested that we cancel the visit because of the high security measures required for his visit, he stated.

Continue Reading

Cricket news

Rohit Sharma criticises impact player rule, BCCI reacts

Published

on

India captian and Mumbai Indians star cricketer Rohit sharma criticised the impact player rule and sad that he is not a big fan of it. Now, BCCI has responded to Sharma’s comment and said that they will reevaluate the rule.

Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Arun Dhumal also acknowledged this and said  that every decision has advantages and disadvantages, he also mentioned  BCCI is prepared to review the regulation when the current IPL season concludes.

Ahead to being established in the IPL, the impact player rule was initially put into effect in the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament in 2022–2023. There have been many expert comments regarding the rule that has been in place for almost two editions of the prestigious T20 tournament, with the many of players being against it.

Since this remark has been made, they will certainly analyze it and talk to everyone concerned and then the board will take calls, Dhumal said.

Every rule that is in place has a number of advantages and disadvantages. Nothing about its execution is set in stone, so after the season ends, they are open to any discussion, he continued.

Earlier, Rohit Sharma also discussed how the impact player rule is reducing the role of all-rounders in the sport.

Sharma said, he is not a big fan of Impact sub rule. All rounders will eventually be held back because cricket is ultimately played by 11 players, not 12. To make the game exciting for everyone around you, you are taking a great deal from it. During an interew the hitman said, if the audience look just at the cricketing side of things, he feels guys like Shivam Dube and Washington Sundar aren’t getting to bowl, which is not a good thing for them as a team.

He continued saying that there are 12 players, it’s interesting, and after the team or the captain sees how the game and the pitch are playing, they might turn on the impact player. You can add another bowler, giving you a total of six or seven bowlers, if the team bats effectively and don’t lose wickets. Many teams are hitting well up front, and he hardly ever sees a No 7 or No 8 coming to bat, so the team doesn’t need that additional batter, Rohit Sharma said.

Continue Reading

2024 Lok Sabha Elections

Sunita Kejriwal, other INDIA bloc leaders to attend rally in Ranchi ahead of second phase of voting

Top leaders of the Opposition INDIA bloc will attend the mega Ulgulan (uprising) Nyay rally in Ranchi today

Published

on

Delhi Chief Minister’s wife Sunita Kejriwal and Kalpana Soren, the wives of Arvind Kejriwal and Hemant Soren, along with at least 14 Opposition INDIA bloc leaders, including Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge, party leader Rahul Gandhi would be present at the Ulgulan (uprising) Nyay rally on Sunday in Ranchi.

The arrests of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal by the Enforcement Directorate would be the main topic of discussion during the massive event.

The protest, which is scheduled to start at about 3 pm in Ranchi’s Prabhat Tara field, is expected to draw about 5 lakh people. The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) is organising it as a united display of strength in the amid the Lok Sabha elections.

Along with Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann, Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav, and National Conference leader Farooq Abdullah, Sunita Kejriwal and Kalpana Soren are also anticipated to speak at the rally.

At the rally, posters depicting prominent members of the INDIA bloc have already been reached. These include Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee, Hemant Soren, and his spouse Kalpana Soren.

Jharkhand Chief Minister Champai Soren made the following statement the day before the rally that they need to stop the dictatorship and save our democracy and the constitution. Everyone is aware of the events in Delhi and Jharkhand. At the massive gathering, they will reveal the Center’s autocratic methodology, he added.

Additionally, according to sources, the Chief Minister said that they had the mandate from the people in Hemant Soren’s name, but attempts were made to destabilize his government from the beginning, and finally he was sent to jail.

People in Delhi too encountered similar situation. They will inform the country about the Centre’s dictatorship from the Ulgulan rally dais, he continued.

Shiv Sena (UBT) leaders, Priyanka Chaturvedi said, they are united in this struggle against the BJP’s increasing dictatorship. The opposition is being prevented from operating as it should, and their goal is to silence it.


Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com