English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Congress criticises Supreme Court’s decision of releasing convicts in Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination case

On Friday the Supreme Court’s bench led by Justice BV Nagarathna and BR Gavai passed an order premature release of Nalini and 5 others in Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination.

Published

on

Congress’s General Secretary in charge of communication, Jairam Ramesh, on Friday, criticized the Supreme Court’s decision of releasing the convicts in Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination case and said that the party termed the order as erroneous and described it to be unacceptable.

Congress’s GS further remarked that it is unfortunate that the Supreme Court failed to act in congruence with the spirit of the nation.

Aside from Ramesh, Congress MP Abhishek Singhvi when asked about Sonia Gandhi’s stance, who had urged the court to show mercy to Nalini Sriharan, one of the convicts, after meeting her in Jail, dissented against it and stated that Sonia Gandhi is entitled to her opinion, however, with great respect, the party doesn’t align with it and has made its view clear time and time again.

Singhvi further stated that Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination was not a local murder, but an issue of national importance.

Supreme Court’s decision to release

On Friday the Supreme Court’s bench led by Justice BV Nagarathna and BR Gavai passed an order premature release of Nalini and 5 others in Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination. The convicts including Nalini Sriharan approached the Madras high court seeking the same relief as the Perarivalan was turned down.

Following this, the convicts approached the supreme court which ordered in their favour and cited the nod of the Tamil Nadu government’s recommendation for their release. The Court also cited that Nalini had shown good behaviour during her 3-decade life sentence.

5 other convicts who received the same respite include Sriharan, Ravichandran, Santhan, Murugan, AG Perariv, Robert Payas, and Jayakumar.

Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination

Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in a suicide bombing in 1991 which shook up the nation. According to reports, a woman named Dhanu had carried out a suicide bombing who was a part of LTTE.

Convicts sympathisers welcome SC’s decision

The trend in Tamil Nadu’s Vellore is quite different from the stance of the Congress party as many residents in Vellore were seen lighting up crackers in the area. The residents were also seen giving out sweets to the people around the area.

Entertainment

RJ Mahvash breaks silence on Yuzvendra Chahal dating rumours, says she’s single

RJ Mahvash has clarified she is not dating Yuzvendra Chahal, stating she only dates when there’s a potential for marriage.

Published

on

Chahal dating rumours

Instagram influencer and podcast host RJ Mahvash has finally addressed ongoing rumours linking her with Indian cricketer Yuzvendra Chahal. After the two were spotted together at the ICC Champions Trophy final, social media was abuzz with speculation about a possible romance. However, Mahvash has now clarified her relationship status, stating that she is very much single.

In a candid podcast appearance, Mahvash dismissed any notions of casual dating. I don’t even believe in casual dating. I will only date someone I want to get married to, she said, adding that she doesn’t understand the idea of modern-day marriages.

“Marriage concept doesn’t make sense to me anymore,” says Mahvash.

Opening up about her personal journey, Mahvash revealed that she was engaged at the age of 19 but ended the relationship by the time she turned 21. Reflecting on her upbringing in Aligarh, she said,“Growing up, we were conditioned to believe that marriage was the ultimate goal. But now I’ve hit pause on that idea.”

She explained that her stance on love and relationships has changed significantly since then. “I’m that kind of person who sees a future first. Like in the film Dhoom, I see the wife and kids behind the bike,” she quipped.

This revelation comes at a time when Chahal has officially ended his marriage with Dhanashree Verma, fueling public interest in his post-divorce life. While Mahvash’s comments have put a stop to dating rumours for now, her firm stance suggests she’s not looking for fleeting connections.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Panchayat Season 4: TVF and Prime Video confirm return of rural drama on show’s 5th anniversary

On the fifth anniversary of the series, TVF and Prime Video announced that Panchayat Season 4 will be released on July 2, 2025.

Published

on

Panchayat S4 release date

The beloved comedy-drama Panchayat has officially completed five years since its debut on April 3, 2020. To mark the occasion, the makers have announced that Panchayat Season 4 will premiere on July 2, 2025, much to the excitement of fans across the country.

The announcement was made via a special promotional video released by Prime Video, featuring lead actor Jitendra Kumar, actress Jia Manek of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya fame, and internet sensation Darshan Magdum.

Cast and creators return for Season 4

The upcoming season will once again see the return of its star cast, including Neena Gupta, Raghubir Yadav, Chandan Roy, Sanvikaa, Faisal Malik, Durgesh Kumar, Sunita Rajwar, and Pankaj Jha, alongside Jitendra Kumar.

Produced by The Viral Fever (TVF), the show continues to be created by Deepak Kumar Mishra and Chandan Kumar, with direction by Deepak Kumar Mishra and Akshat Vijaywargiya.

Journey of a cult favourite

Panchayat follows the life of an engineering graduate who takes up a job as a Panchayat secretary in the fictional rural village of Phulera, Uttar Pradesh. The show has received widespread acclaim for its grounded storytelling, relatable characters, and humorous take on rural administration and village life.

The announcement of Season 4 not only celebrates its legacy but also assures fans that the charm of Phulera will return in the coming months with new twists and stories.

Continue Reading

India News

BJP demands Sonia Gandhi’s apology over Waqf Bill remarks amid Parliament uproar

After the Lok Sabha passed the Waqf (Amendment) Bill, BJP demanded an apology from Sonia Gandhi for calling the Bill unconstitutional. Congress plans to challenge the law in the Supreme Court.

Published

on

Sonia Gandhi

The political temperature in Parliament rose sharply after the Lok Sabha passed the Waqf (Amendment) Bill, with the BJP demanding an apology from Congress leader Sonia Gandhi for her sharp criticism of the legislation. Mrs Gandhi called the Bill a brazen assault on the Constitution and accused the ruling BJP of pushing India toward permanent polarisation.

Her comments, made during a Congress Parliamentary Party meeting at Samvidhan Sadan, drew a swift backlash from the BJP, with MPs led by Nishikant Dubey demanding a formal apology. They accused her of undermining constitutional values and the Parliament’s authority. The protests led to the adjournment of Lok Sabha proceedings on Friday morning, as BJP members chanted slogans calling for her apology.

Sonia Gandhi alleges ‘bulldozing’ of legislation

Sonia Gandhi strongly criticized the passage of the Waqf Bill, claiming it was bulldozed through the Lok Sabha. She also targeted the Modi govt’s push for the One Nation, One Election initiative, calling it a direct subversion of India’s constitutional framework. “Whether it is education, civil rights and liberties, our federal structure, or the conduct of elections, the Modi government is dragging the country into an abyss,” she said.

She accused the government of promoting a surveillance state and claimed Prime Minister Narendra Modi was rebranding initiatives started during the UPA era as his own. Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge and Rahul Gandhi were present during the meeting, where Mrs Gandhi urged Congress MPs to aggressively counter BJP narratives.

Waqf Bill passed after intense debate in both Houses

The Waqf (Amendment) Bill was passed in the Lok Sabha after a 12-hour debate. Amendments proposed by opposition members were rejected via voice vote. The final vote count stood at 288 in favour and 232 against. The Bill later cleared the Rajya Sabha with 128 votes supporting it and 95 opposing, amid claims from opposition parties that it is anti-Muslim and unconstitutional.

The government defended the Bill as a historic reform for the benefit of the minority community. The Congress has since announced that it will challenge the law in the Supreme Court, with Jairam Ramesh stating that the party would very soon contest the Bill’s constitutional validity.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com