English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Exodus from paramilitary forces: nearly five-fold rise in resignations since 2015

Published

on

Exodus from paramilitary forces: nearly five-fold rise in resignations since 2015

In all, 27,862 jawans and officers of central paramilitary forces have taken voluntary retirement and resigned from 2015 till January 31 this year, the numbers growing five-fold since 2015.

The central paramilitary forces include Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Assam Rifles.

According to the latest ministry of home affairs figures, tabled in the Parliament, number of jawans and officers leaving central paramilitary forces for better career opportunities has increased almost five times since 2015.

As compared to 3,422 personnel from these forces resigning or taking voluntary retirement in 2015, in 2017 the number touched  14,587.

The trend was most marked in the two largest forces – CRPF and BSF, which are crucial for border and internal security of the country. BSF, which guards India’s borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh and is also deployed for some internal security tasks, had 11,198 personnel leaving the force since 2015.

In the same period, the CRPF, responsible for law and order duty and fighting extremists in left wing affected states, Jammu and Kashmir and north east, saw 10,620 leaving their jobs.

Despite the government’s claims of working for the welfare of armed forces personnel, the trend shows that maximum number of people have left the service in last two years.

The number of Constables/head constables and other lower staff in CRPF who left the force in 2015 was 1,156 but in 2017, 4,154 jawans decided to leave.

Similarly, while 35 gazetted officers had left CRPF in 2015, 59 such officers left the force last year.

BSF, which was in the middle of a controversy over bad quality food given to jawans as alleged by suspended Constable Tej Bahadur Yadav, is the worst hit when it comes to attrition. Out of 11,198 personnel who left the border guarding force, 5,505 jawans, 839 subordinate officers and 71 gazetted officers resigned or took VRS last year. In 2015, the numbers leaving the force were 741 jawans, 132 subordinate officers and 36 gazetted officers.

In all, 27,862 jawans/officers of central paramilitary forces have taken voluntary retirement and resigned since 2015 till January 31 this year.

The numbers have increased since 2015 every year with almost twice the jawans/officers leaving these forces. In 2016, 8912 total jawans/subordinates/gazetted officers left the central forces while the number reached 14,587 last year.

This year, 744 personnel have already left the service till January 31.

A report in Times of India quoted former CRPF chief K Durga Prasad on the issue: “Life in central paramilitary forces is extremely hard. These boys and girls don’t get time for their families and they are posted in areas with awful living conditions, zero connectivity. You look at CRPF, these men are in left wing affected states with no roads and they travel to a road for months for its construction but it takes 18 months or years for administration to complete the work while men die. They lose their limbs, die every day on the job.”

Prasad said that CAPF personnel work in high stress and don’t get bare minimum facilities.

The report quoted a senior officer as saying that this trend of jawans leaving forces will continue till 2024. He said that a lot of jawans/officers are leaving for better jobs in private sector, like security agencies, companies looking for guards, security advisers. A large number has also left after 2015 because of implementation of 7th pay commission which allows those having served for more than 20 years to go away with increased pension throughout life, said the report quoting an officer.

Minister of State for home Kiren Rijiju said in Parliament that force personnel proceeded on voluntary retirement and resignation “mainly due to various personal and domestic reasons, including children/family issues, health/illness of self or family, social/family obligations and commitments among others.”

“Some personnel also sought voluntary retirement to enjoy a static life as well as pensionary benefits after completing 20 years of service,” said Rijiju.

India News

Champat Rai, Anil Mishra get clean chit in Ram Temple donation theft case 

The SIT probing alleged donation theft at the Ayodhya Ram Temple has cleared former Trust general secretary Champat Rai and former member Anil Mishra.

Published

on

The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing alleged irregularities in donation management at the Ayodhya Ram Temple has cleared former Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust general secretary Champat Rai and former Trust member Anil Mishra.

The Uttar Pradesh Home Department on Monday handed over the SIT’s final report to the Trust, which will now take further action based on the findings.

Rai and Mishra had resigned from their positions on June 27 after allegations of donation theft emerged. The two former Trust members were subsequently questioned by the SIT about the temple’s donation management process.

Champat Rai denied involvement in donation theft

According to sources, Champat Rai told investigators during questioning that he had no role in the alleged theft. He reportedly said that the suspects were arrested following his complaint.

Rai also told the police that ensuring there were no irregularities in donation collection was part of his responsibility and that he acted after learning about the alleged wrongdoing.

SIT was formed before Supreme Court intervention

The three-member SIT was constituted by the Uttar Pradesh government on June 13 at the request of the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust.

Lucknow Divisional Commissioner Vijay Vishwas Pant headed the panel. Range Inspector General Kiran S and Special Secretary (Finance) Neel Ratan Kumar were the other members.

The SIT submitted its preliminary report to the state government on June 23 and made several stringent recommendations.

Following the preliminary report, Trust member Krishnamohan filed a written complaint at the Shri Ram Janmabhoomi police station. An FIR was subsequently registered on June 25.

Eight people named in FIR

The FIR named Avinash Shukla, Anukalp Mishra, Lavkush Mishra, Manish Kumar Yadav, Karunesh Pandey, Ramashankar Mishra, Subhash Srivastava and Ram Shankar Yadav, alias Tinnu, along with other unidentified individuals.

According to the provided report, all eight named accused were arrested and booked under relevant provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and Section 13(1)(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act.

The SIT’s preliminary findings also formed the basis for subsequent FIRs and arrest-related action in the case.

Continue Reading

India News

Himanta Sarma accuses Sonia, Rahul of provoking unrest over Vande Mataram row

Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma criticised Sonia and Rahul Gandhi over the Vande Mataram controversy and accused Congress of provoking unrest.

Published

on

Himanta sharma

Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday criticised Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over the controversy surrounding the rendition of Vande Mataram at the party headquarters in New Delhi on Independence Day.

Sarma questioned how the Congress would govern if it returned to power, alleging that the conduct of its senior leaders during the national song had raised concerns.

“During Vande Mataram, the way Sonia Gandhi behaved and the song was stopped midway clearly indicates that if Congress mistakenly comes to power, the country will face a worse situation,” Mr Sarma said.

The Assam Chief Minister also accused Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi of encouraging protests in the name of Gen Z.

“Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi have almost taken a decision to oppose the country in the name of Gen Z. They are provoking people to protest and trying hard to create a bad environment in the country,” he said.

Sarma further alleged that such actions could contribute to instability in the country.

“I am not bothered about these things, but these people are working against the country and provoking the people of the country to protest and bring anarchy,” he said.

What triggered the Vande Mataram controversy

The political row erupted after footage from the Congress Independence Day programme on August 15 surfaced on social media. The video showed senior Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Mallikarjun Kharge, during the rendition of Vande Mataram.

BJP leaders have interpreted gestures seen in the footage as an attempt to interrupt the national song. The Congress, however, has rejected that interpretation.

The issue has since become a political flashpoint, with BJP leaders accusing the Congress of disrespecting Vande Mataram.

A complaint seeking action against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over the alleged disruption is also being examined by the Delhi Police.

Continue Reading

India News

BJP unveils 64-member national team with 3 former CMs, 18 MPs and 10 women

The BJP’s new 64-member national team includes three former chief ministers, 18 sitting MPs and 10 women, with representation from 23 states and Union Territories.

Published

on

The BJP’s new 64-member team of national office bearers brings together former chief ministers, sitting MPs, women leaders and representatives from different social and regional groups as the party prepares for the 2029 Lok Sabha election.

The team, headed by BJP national president Nitin Nabin, includes three former chief ministers, 18 sitting MPs and 10 women leaders. More than 40 per cent of the members belong to deprived communities, according to the details of the appointments.

Northeast gets special focus

The new organisational team includes leaders from 23 states and Union Territories, giving the party’s national leadership a broad geographical representation.

The Northeast has received particular attention, with three leaders from Tripura, Assam and Nagaland included in the team. The BJP’s North-East Coordination Cell will also continue to function under the leadership of Sambit Patra.

The team includes four tribal representatives, with one each from West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and the Northeast. Two of these representatives are women.

Three members from Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh represent the Scheduled Castes in the new team.

Representation across communities

The BJP’s national office bearers also include 10 experienced women leaders from different parts of the country.

The team has representation from different religious communities, including one Sikh, two Christians, one Muslim, one Jain and one Parsi member, alongside Hindu leaders.

Former chief ministers and MPs add experience

The organisational team brings considerable administrative and political experience, with former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat and former Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb among the members.

Four leaders with previous experience in the Union government and one sitting Union minister are also part of the team.

The new national office bearers include 18 sitting Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha members, bringing legislative experience and their connection with constituencies to the organisation.

Professionals and younger leaders add to the team

The team also brings together people from varied professional and academic backgrounds. It includes two professors, four practising doctors, as well as PhD holders, engineers, chartered accountants and lawyers.

The appointments to various Morchas are expected to bring organisational experience, fresh energy and domain expertise to the BJP’s national team.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com