English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Govt cut ISRO scientists’ salaries when they were working on Chandrayan-2 mission

Published

on

While the nation expresses pride and solidarity with the scientists of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) racing against time to re-establish communication with Vikram lander that crashed on lunar surface, it isn’t so widely known that the government had reduced their salaries even while they were still working on the Chandrayan-2 mission.

The Central government decided to discontinue ‘additional’ increments that had been awarded to them since 1996.

ISRO scientists are reportedly protesting the cut and there is discontent across the ranks of the organisation.

The incentive in question was introduced in 1998, based on a 1996 Supreme Court order. As per the order, for different category of scientists, these incentives ranging from pre-revised pay scales of Rs 10,000 -15,200, Rs 12,000 -16,500, Rs 14,300 -18,300 and Rs 16,400 -20,000 were introduced.

The SC order also said that these increments will be considered part of the scientist’s pay.

Now, the government says that since the salaries of these scientists were revised as per the 6th central pay commission and because of a performance-based incentive system is already (up to 40% of basic salary) in place, this 1996 increment will be discontinued.

As per an Office Memorandum (OM) dated June 12, undersigned by Deputy Secretary to Department of Space M Ramadas, the two additional increments given to scientists/engineers of grade SD, SE, SF and SG are discontinued with effect from July 1, 2019.

The memorandum, reported in a section of online media, says, “consequent to implementation of 6th Central Pay Commission recommendation and introduction of Performance Related Incentive Scheme (PRIS) up to 40 per cent of basic pay for scientific and technical personnel in Department of Space (DoS), Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure has advised DoS to discontinue the incentive granted in the form of two additional increments to scientists/engineers – SD, SE, SF and SG grade personnel.”

In 1996, Centre had approved grant of two additional increments for SD to SG grade personnel in Department of Space in the pre-revised pay scale of Rs 10,000-15,200, Rs 12,000-16,500, Rs 14,300 18,300 and Rs 16,400-20,000.

“However, in the light of the advice of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, it has been decided to discontinue the payment of incentive granted with effect from July 1, 2019,” the memorandum reads.

The employees have reportedly suffered a pay cut of Rs 10,000 per month on an average.

Space Engineers Association (SEA) submitted a representation to ISRO Chairman K Sivan seeking his intervention to persuade Central government to roll back the decision.

Also Read: Every Breath You Take, the DGCA Watches You

In the letter dated July 8, SEA president A Maniraman argued that even though the pay revisal under the 6th pay commission was reason cited by for reversal of this increment, the pay commission itself had recommended to continue these 1996 increments. He also argued that the performance-based incentive introduced recently can’t be compared with 1996 incentives, as the latter was part of the pay as per the Supreme Court.

“The PRIS offered to the engineers and the additional increments are entirely different. One is an incentive and other is pay and hence they cannot supplement each other,” Manimaran said in the letter.

The letter said they are entirely dependent on the salaries they receive and have no other means of earning money to support their families. Warning that the move could demotivate scientists the letter said the staff had been saddened as a result.

Congress MP Motilal Vora had also raised the issue in Parliament on July 30. He informed the Rajya Sabha that the additional increment had been implemented by the Department of Space in 1996 following the Supreme Court’s order, in which the apex court had said the increment should be treated as “payroll” in a manner. Vora appealed to the Rajya Sabha to get the government to stop deducting the salaries of ISRO scientists.

India News

Lawrence Bishnoi’s brother claims credit for firing incident outside Salman Khan’s house

Published

on

Anmol Bishnoi, the brother of gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, is said to have accepted responsibility for shooting outside Salman Khan’s house on Sunday. Anmol, who is apparently hiding in the US and is wanted in India, allegedly posted on social media, calling the actor’s firing only a trailer and delivering a warning.

In his alleged facebook post, Anmol said, peace is what they seek. If the only decision against oppression is war, then so be it. He further said giving warning to Salman Khan that they have only shown you a trailer so that the actor can understand the magnitude of their strength and do not test it.

He continued saying, this is the first and last warning. After this, shots will not be fired outside the house only. He said that he h as kept two dogs whom he had named after named after Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Shakeel. He claimed that Salman Khan considers them as his Gods. Concluding the post Anmol said, he dosen’t have the habit of talking much.

This incident occurred when two unidentified guys riding bikes fired four rounds of gunshots outside Salman Khan’s Bandra residence in Mumbai early on Sunday morning. The incident occurred at roughly 4.51 am outside of Galaxy Apartments. However, no one was injured in the incident.

However, Salman Khan’s father, Salim Khan responded to the incident and said, that everything is gin and no one is injured.

As per the early investigation the bullets were fount in the balcony of Salman Khan’s house.

Meanwhile, the actor’s security has been stepped up and the police are closely monitoring the situation. The crime branch, local police and forensic teams visited the spot for further probe and recovered shells of bullets fired outside Khan’s house.

In addition, Salman Khan has been granted permission to carry a personal firearm for protection.

Continue Reading

India News

Gunshots fired outside Salman Khan’s Galaxy Apartment in Bandra, Mumbai Police investigates

A firing incident took place outside Salman Khan’s home in Bandra today, and investigation is currently underway.

Published

on

Early in the morning, gunshots were heard outside Salman Khan’s Bandra house. An unidentified person fired a gun into the air while riding a bike about five in the morning. Police are currently looking into the matter and conducting searches.

It has been reported that two men fired bullets outside Salman’s Galaxy Aparetment at around 5:00 am. A gunshot fire was found close to the air conditioner mounted on the wall beside it. An investigation has been launched by Mumbai Police to identify the gunman. The forensic team and the crime branch also arrived at the location.

However, there are currently no reports of injuries. The security around Salman Khan’s home has been inxcreased, according to the police. On the other side, the Bandra Police Station has received an official complaint (FIR) against unidentified attackers. DCP has also arrived at the location. Images of the two suspects who opened fire at Salman’s house on the bike appeared. In the images, the two accussed can be seen wearing helmets to prevent identification. Salman’s home has CCTV installed, and the image was taken using it.

This is not the first time that Salman Khan has been attacked or threatened. Several people have threatened to kill him. Gangster Lawrence Bishnoi had planned ahead of time to use his goons to attack the Bollywood actor. The man who was given the idea to kill Salman Khan is none other than Naresh Shetty, the mentor of mobster Kala Jathedi and the most important person in Bishnoi’s gang.

In addition, mobster Sampat Nehra had set up camp in Mumbai for a few days in order to attack Salman Khan. Not only that, but after escaping, infamous mobster Kala Jathedi also made Mumbai his home. At one point or another, all of these mob figures resided in Mumbai’s Vaasi area.

Meanwhile, on the occasion of Eid, Salman Khan frequently waves to his followers from the balcony of his first-floor Galaxy Apartment.

Continue Reading

India News

Lok Sabha elections 2024: BJP releases manifesto Sankalp Patra in presence of PM Modi, focuses on women, poor and youth

The BJP released its manifesto or Sankalp Patra, with tagline Modi ki Guarantee, for the Lok Sabha election 2024

Published

on

At the party headquarters in New Delhi on Sunday, April 14, the Bharatiya Janata Party unveiled their manifesto, or Sankalp Patra, for the Lok Sabha election of 2024, with the slogan Modi ki Guarantee. The manifesto was presented in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, party president JP Nadda, and other senior leaders.

The day marks on the anniversary of the birth of BR Ambedkar, a notable Dalit leader who drafted the Indian Constitution. A 27-member committee to draft the party’s manifesto, led by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, was constituted by the BJP and convened twice to discuss its contents. Ahead of this, the party conducted several campaigns on social media and sent out vans across the nation to get recommendations from the public.

The four pillars of Viksit Bharat—women power, youth power, farmers, and the poor—are the core of the manifesto, according to the prime minister. The PM said that the manifesto emphasizes both the quantity and quality of opportunities, as well as the dignity of life and quality of life.

According to the PM, the government will prioritize installing piped gas in every home and provide free solar-powered electricity.

A five-year extension of the Centre’s free ration system was promised in the manifesto. To stabilize prices and safeguard the plates of the impoverished, the government said it will concentrate on achieving self-sufficiency in the production of vegetables, edible oils, and pulses. It stated that every home will have access to drinking water and that the Ayushman Bharat scheme and the PMAwas Yojana would be increased.

As per the BJP manifesto, farmers would still receive Rs 6,000 in annual support, and the crop insurance program will be strengthened with the use of technology. According to the manifesto, the government will keep raising the minimum support price for crops on a regular basis, establish new clusters for the production of necessities, and construct more storage facilities.

JP Nadda, speaking to the media, outlined the accomplishments of the BJP government during its ten years in office. He restated that the central campaign slogan of the BJP, Modi ki guarantee, is a guarantee that all guarantees will be fulfilled.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com

Left Menu Icon