English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Mobile phone users in India receive Emergency alert message today, details inside

Several mobile phone users in India received a message Emergency Alert: Severe on Thursday.

Published

on

Several mobile phone users in India received a message, Emergency Alert: Severe, on Thursday. The message was regarding the ongoing test of the emergency alert system by the Department of Telecommunication, Government of India.

This is a sample testing message sent through Cell Broadcasting System by Department of Telecommunication, Government of India. Please ignore this message as no action is required from your end. This message has been sent to TEST Pan-India Emergency Alert System being implemented by National Disaster Management Authority. It aims to enhance public safety and provide timely alerts during emergencies, as per the flash message.

The Department of Telecommunications announced that it will conduct periodic tests in different regions throughout the country to evaluate the emergency alert broadcasting capabilities of Mobile Operators and Cell Broadcast Systems. The goal is to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the existing systems.

The alert message was received by several mobile users around 1:35 pm today.  

The government can now send critical and time-sensitive messages to all mobile devices within a designated geographical area using the cell broadcast alert system, regardless of whether the recipients are residents or visitors.

This technology is an essential tool for disaster management and ensures that necessary emergency information reaches the maximum number of people in a timely manner. It is widely used by government agencies and emergency services to inform the public about potential threats and keep them informed.

Cell Broadcast is commonly used to deliver emergency alerts, such as severe weather warnings like tsunamis, flash floods, earthquakes etc.

On July 20, last month a similar message was flashed on people’s phones in India. The notification was sent by the Department of Telecommunications, Government of India, as a test of the country’s Emergency Alert system.

Twitter was bombarded with screenshots of an emergency alert that was sent out by the Department of Telecommunications. Multiple people panicked as the notification was completely random and it whizzed many devices. 

India News

Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates, lays foundation stone for various infrastructure projects worth Rs 56000 crore in Telangana’s Adilabad

PM Modi said for many years, Telangana was a victim of ignorance. But in the last 10 years, the government spent a lot of money for the development of Telangana. He said the whole world is talking about India’s growth rate. The Prime Minister said India is the only country in the world which continues to grow at 8.4% in the last quarter.

Published

on

Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates, lays foundation stone for various infrastructure projects worth Rs 56000 crore in Telangana’s Adilabad

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of a number of development projects worth Rs 56000 crore in Telangana’s Adilabad. The projects are related to road and rail sector with major focus on power sector.

Speaking at the event, PM Modi said for many years, Telangana was a victim of ignorance. But in the last 10 years, the government spent a lot of money for the development of Telangana. He said the whole world is talking about India’s growth rate. The Prime Minister said India is the only country in the world which continues to grow at 8.4% in the last quarter. He said soon India will become the third largest economy in the world.

He said the contribution made by the people of Telangana was never given due respect even after many decades after India became independent. PM Modi said the BJP government at the Centre gave great importance to the development of Telangana and has honoured the tribal community in the state. He pointed out that nobody would have imagined that a tribal woman will become the president of the country.

He said nobody would have imagined that the birth anniversary of Bhagwan Birsa Munda would be celebrated as a national festival. PM Modi said the government of India has formed a separate ministry for the development of the tribals.

He also inaugurated NTPC’s 800 MW (Unit-2) of Telangana Super Thermal Power Project in Peddapalli. The project will supply 85% power to Telangana and will have the highest power generation efficiency of approximately 42% among all power sectors of NTPC in India.

The newly electrified Ambari-Adilabad Pimpalkhuti rail line was also inaugurated during the event. PM Modi also laid down the foundation stone for 2 major national highway projects connecting Telangana with Maharashtra and Telangana with Chattisgarh through NH-353B and NH -163.

Continue Reading

India News

Delhi Police arrest 2 shooters from Goa in Nafe Singh Rathee’s murder case

Saurav and Ashish were arrested from Goa in a joint operation by the Haryana’s Police’s Special Task Force, the district police and the Delhi Police’s Special Cell. The police said the two shooters were arrested from a hotel where they had been staying and added that they will be brought to the national capital by afternoon.

Published

on

Delhi Police arrest 2 shooters from Goa in Nafe Singh Rathee’s murder case

A joint team of Jhajjar Police, Delhi Police Special Cell and Haryana STF have arrested 2 shooters Ashish and Saurav from Goa in connection with the murder of Indian National Lok Dal’s (INLD) Haryana unit chief Nafe Singh Rathee on Monday. Nafee Singh Rathee and party worker Jai Kishan were murdered after multiple rounds were fired on their vehicle in Bahadurgarh in the state’s Jhajjar district on February 25.

Saurav and Ashish were arrested from Goa in a joint operation by the Haryana’s Police’s Special Task Force, the district police and the Delhi Police’s Special Cell. The police said the two shooters were arrested from a hotel where they had been staying and added that they will be brought to the national capital by afternoon.

A senior Delhi Police officer said Atul, Nakul, Saurabh and Ashish were the four who opened fire on Rathee and Kishan’s vehicle on February 25. The Jhajjar Police said the investigation is undergoing to catch 2 more shooters. Earlier on Saturday, a senior Haryana Police officer said that 4 shooters allegedly involved in the murder of Nafe Singh Rathee had identified and efforts were on to catch them.

Jhajjar superintendent of Police Arpit Jain said the car used by the shooters was recovered from outside Rewari Railway Station. He said police teams in different states were conducting raids to catch them. Jain said the car had been rounded up and being asked how the vehicle reached the shooters. A forensic team lifted samples from the vehicles to carry out further investigation.

Nafe Singh Rathee who was the president of Indian National Lok Dal’s Haryana Unit had been shot dead by unidentified persons in Jhajjar’s Bahadurgarh on February 25. In the attack, INLD worker Jai Kishan who was travelling with Nafe Singh Rathee in the same vehicle also died.

Continue Reading

India News

Delhi excise policy case: Arvind Kejriwal replies to ED summons, says ready to face virtually after March 12

Arvind Kejriwal said the summons is still illegal but still he is ready to answer.

Published

on

Delhi excise policy case: Arvind Kejriwal replies to ED summons, says ready to face virtually after March 12

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal responded to the Enforcement Directorate’s summons by saying that he is ready to respond to its summons via video conference in the now-scrapped Delhi excise policy case after March 12, according to Aam Aadmi Party sources on Monday.

Arvind Kejriwal has so far skipped eight Enforcement Directorate summonses, claiming that they were illegal and requested that the agency to hold off as the case is pending in court.

According to the sources, Arvind Kejriwal restated that the summonses are illegal, but he was prepared to respond to the investigation agency’s inquiries.

On March 16, the Delhi CM is also required to appear before a city court. In a complaint case filed by the investigation agency for not responding to its summonses, the court has requested that he appear in person.

In a money laundering investigation pertaining to irregularities in the Delhi excise policy 2021–22 case, the Enforcement Department (ED) sent Arvind Kejriwal an eighth summons on February 27. The ED requested that he appear in court on March 4.

After missing the seventh summons on February 26, the AAP national convenor received an additional one.

Earlier ED summonses from February 26, February 19, February 2, January 18, January 3, November 2, and December 22 have been skipped by Arvind Kejriwal, who has described them as illegal and politically motivated.

The ED wants to record Arvind Kejriwal’s statement on matters like the development of the excise policy, discussions that took place ahead of its completion, and charges of corruption. The ED filed a legal action against Arvind Kejriwal on February 3, one day after he skipped the fifth summons the agency had given for non-compliance with the summons.

The Delhi excise policy case is based on a formal complaint filed with the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) claiming various irregularities in the development and execution of the Delhi excise policy (2021–2022). The policy was rescinded in response to accusations of corruption.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com