English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Supreme Court grants bail to Mohammad Zubair in all FIRs registered in UP

There were six FIRs filed against Zubair in the state.

Published

on

Mohammed Zubair

The Supreme Court on Wednesday granted bail to Alt News co-founder Mohammad Zubair in all the FIRs registered against him in Uttar Pradesh. Zubair shall be released by 6 pm today, ordered the SC.

The Apex Court also ordered disbanding of the SIT formed by the Uttar Pradesh Police for the investigation of FIRs against him. The bench led by Justice DY Chandrachud also directed to transfer all UP FIRs to Delhi Police Special Cell.

“How can we say that? It’s like asking a lawyer not to argue…a person not to speak. Whatever he does, he will be responsible in law but we can’t ask a journalist not to write,” said SC.

Six FIRs were filed against Zubair in Lakhimpur Kheri, Ghaziabad, Muzzafarnagar, and two in the Hathras districts of Uttar Pradesh. The FIRs were filed on charges of allegedly hurting religious feelings, making sarcastic remarks on news anchors, disrespecting Hindu gods and inflammatory posts.

Read Also: Sidhu Moose Wala: Encounter breaks out in Punjab between police, gangsters suspected in singer’s killing

Vrinda Grover, Zubair’s lawyer, had requested the court for interim relief as a court in Hathras was set to pronounce its order on a plea by the Uttar Pradesh Police seeking 14-day police custody of Zubair. On July 15, the Hathras court granted 14-day judicial custody, after which Zubair was transferred back to Delhi’s Tihar Jail.

On July 8, Mohammad Zubair was granted interim bail in the Sitapur FIR and on July 13, his interim bail in the Sitapur case was extended until further orders. Zubair, on July 15, was granted regular bail by the Patiala House Court in connection with FIR filed against the Delhi Police.

The Alt News co-founder Mohammad Zubair was arrested by Delhi Police Special Cell Under Sections 153 (Wantonly giving provocation with intent to cause riot-if rioting to be committed-if not committed) and 295A (Outraging reli­gious feelings of any class) of the Indian Penal Code. He was arrested over a 2018 tweet.

The arrest came days after Mohammad Zubair highlighted Nupur Sharma’s derogatory remark against Prophet Mohammed during a TV debate.

MP Municipal Polls Phase 2 Results latest update: Congress mayor candidate Ajay Mishra leads with 6000 votes after second round

Twitter reacts with hilarious memes after Rupee slumps to 80 against US Dollar | Watch

India News

Ujjain rape shocker: Teen left home in Satna in search of better life

The police officials quoted the girl telling the investigators that she was upset with her life in Satna.

Published

on

Ujjain rape shocker: Teen left home in Satna in search of better life

The harrowing CCTV footage of an injured and semi-clad 12-year-old girl running from pillar to post in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain has sent shockwaves across the country. The girl arrived in the city on Sunday after fleeing away from her village in Satna in search for a better life a day earlier, according to the police.

Reportedly, the girl’s family lodged a complaint in Satna when she went missing. The police officials quoted the girl telling the investigators that she was upset with her life in Satna. She added that therefore she took a bus to Ujjain, where she was raped. 

The assault left her unconscious. Later, she began walking seeking help but no one seemed to be ready to assist her. The girl had been walking for three hours when Rahul Sharma, the priest, helped her.

The priest expressed that it was heart-wrenching to see the girl semi-clad and bleeding. She was trembling and crying, he continued. Rahul Sharma said that he found the girl at the main gate of his ashram and informed the police immediately. 

He shared that the girl was incoherent and thus it was difficult to understand what she was saying. He added that in sign language, he asked her whether she wanted to eat and she nodded. Following, he offered her food which she ate as if she had not eaten for days. He further narrated that the girl was terrified and kept hiding behind while he assured her that she was safe. 

Meanwhile, reports stated that a new CCTV footage has emerged during the police investigation that shows the girl walking near Ujjain. In one  set of footage, timed at around 3 am, the 12-year-old girl appears to be dressed in school uniform. Hours later she was spotted semi-naked and bleeding, suggesting that the crime took place on Monday morning.

Continue Reading

India News

Mathura Train accident: Video shows railway staffer entering engine cabin, carelessly puts his bag on throttle

Five railway staff including a loco pilot and four technical staff have been suspended. One person was injured in the incident. Mathura Railway Station Director Sanjeev Srivastava said the five staff members were in an intoxicated state.

Published

on

Mathura Train accident: Video shows railway staffer entering engine cabin, carelessly puts his bag on throttle

In the Mathura train accident a train derailed and climbed onto a platform at Mathura Junction. A video is circulating on social media which shows the operator entering the engine cabin. He carelessly puts his bag on the throttle. Afterwards he gets busy on his mobile phone.

Five railway staff including a loco pilot and four technical staff have been suspended. One person was injured in the incident. Mathura Railway Station Director Sanjeev Srivastava said the five staff members were in an intoxicated state. He added they were found using their mobile phones while on duty.

Divisional Tej Prakash Agrawal confirmed the suspention of the five staff members. He added further investigation was taking place in the incident. According to Sachin’s statement in the joint investigation report the train started moving on its own. He said he applied the brake, but by the time the train had already climbed on the platform. The passengers had already de-boarded the train before the accident. When the railway staffer began to park the train, it picked up speed, broke the stopper and climbed over the platform

On further investigation he found the throttle was in the forward position and the key was also in place. He immediately informed his in charge about the incident. Sachin blamed the loco pilot for keeping the train functions in switched on position. But the loco pilot in his statement said he had given the keys to Sachin at the time of handover before he left. Sachin’s Breath analyser test suggests he was drunk.

The incident has caused great damage to the platform and an overhead electricity pole. The incident caused disruption to the schedules of other trains including the Dakshin Express, Amritsar-Bandra and Malwa superfast. The trains were later rerouted to different platforms. Kuljeet, Brajesh Kumar and Harbhajan Singh are the technical staff. Govind Hari Sharma is the loco pilot.      

Continue Reading

India News

Bengaluru: Police issue traffic advisory ahead of Eid celebrations, check routes, diversions here

The fresh traffic advisory comes after an unprecedented traffic snarl in the city on Tuesday.

Published

on

Bengaluru: Police issue traffic advisory ahead of Eid celebrations, check routes, diversions here

Amid Eid celebrations, Bengaluru traffic police issued a fresh traffic advisory on Thursday. The fresh traffic advisory comes after an unprecedented traffic snarl in the city on Tuesday. The advisory listed diversions, restrictions, alternate routes and timings. 

The Bengaluru police asserted that the processions are set to be taken on between 3pm and 9pm today and large gatherings are likely to take place. It is reported that the traffic congestion on Tuesday occurred as residents headed out for the long weekend with Eid Milad on Thursday, a state-wide bandh on Friday and Gandhi Jayanti on Monday.

The Bengaluru police noted that in view of Eid-Milad procession in the limits of Ulsoor Gate Traffic Police Station, on 28.09.2023 from 3.00 pm to 9.00 pm, a large number of people are expected to gather at YMCA ground, Nrupathunga road. They added that in order to ascertain free flow of traffic, the following traffic arrangements have been made. 

According to the police, few roads that the residents should avoid during the Eid celebrations are Nrupathunga Road, Dr B R Ambedkar Road, Nayanadanahalli Junction, Kimko Junction, Bapuji Nagar, Market Circle. In addition, movement of vehicles has also been restricted in a few roads such as Nagawara junction to Pottery circle road, Nethaji circle towards Pottery circle, Haines road from Lazar road and M.M. road, H.M. road from KEB junction to Hall road. 

Meanwhile, parking is restricted on both sides of the following roads: Nagawara Junction to Pottery Circle, Govindapura Junction to Govindapura L&O Police Station, HBR Layout Sidddappa Reddy Junction to Narendra Tent Junction, Nethaji junction to Haines junction, Haines junction to New Bamboo Bazar junction, Haines junction to Haj camp, Lazar road to Wheelers road Thoms Cafe junction.

On September 27, residents of Bengaluru witnessed a massive traffic jam, leaving hundreds of them stuck for hours. Notably, social media platforms were flooded with videos and photos of Bengaluru’s congested road as social media users complained about the tragic situation. 

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com