English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Mumbai schools from class 1-9 to remain shut till January 31 amid Omicron surge

The BMC Commissioner Iqbal Chahal said that schools in the city that were due to open for physical classes from 3 January onwards, will go back online. There is no reason to panic but at the same time all of us have to be extremely cautious and exercise extreme Covid appropriate behaviour, Chahal said.

Published

on

childrens in school

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Monday said Mumbai schools from classes 1 to 9 will remain closed till January 31, however, online classes will continue in view of the rising number of Covid-19 cases.

Earlier, the schools had opened in Maharashtra’s capital on December 15.

The BMC Commissioner Iqbal Chahal said that schools in the city that were due to open for physical classes from 3 January onwards, will go back online. There is no reason to panic but at the same time all of us have to be extremely cautious and exercise extreme Covid appropriate behaviour, Chahal said.

Eighty-nine per cent of the infections are asymptomatic, Chahal said.

The schools for classes 10 and 12 will continue, the BMC said. The decision has been taken in view of a sudden rise in Covid-19 cases in Mumbai.

Maharashtra registered 11,877 new Covid cases on Sunday which were 29% higher than Saturday.

Read Also: Can Omicron act as natural vaccine? Could it pause pandemic? FAQs answered here

Mumbai has reported 8,063 fresh infections on Monday. However, the total number of active cases in the city currently stands at 29,819.

Chahal also said that 90% of beds are lying vacant in the state. He urged people to strictly adhere to Covid-19 protocols. Mask is mandatory in the public domain and citizens should refrain from going to crowded places.

India News

Karnataka High Court issues notice to Rahul Gandhi for using KGF-2 song

The notice was issued by a division bench of Chief Justice Prasanna B Varale and Justice Ashok S Kinagi.

Published

on

Rahul Gandhi

The Karnataka High Court on Friday issued a notice to Rahul Gandhi, Supriya Shrinate, and Jairam Ramesh for using the KGF-2 song on the social media handles of the Congress’s Bharat Jodo Yatra.

Reports said the copyright holder of soundtracks from KGF-2, MRT Music claimed that Congress including Wayanad Lok Sabha MP Rahul Gandhi has violated the court’s order.

The notice was issued by a division bench of Chief Justice Prasanna B Varale and Justice Ashok S Kinagi. In its complaint, MRT Music said the company had spent a whopping amount to acquire the rights to the songs in KGF-2 in Hindi.

In a statement, the music company slammed the Congress and said these lawful actions committed by a national political party reflect their blatant disregard for the rule of law and the rights of private individuals and entities while they are conducting Bharat Jodo Yatra to seek an opportunity to govern the country and frame legislation for protecting the rights of the common man and businesses.

Earlier in November, Congress in an affidavit to the High Court had promised to remove the song from all its social media handles. Reports also said a divisional bench of the HC on November 8 had set aside the order of a Commercial Court that directed the Congress to block the Twitter handles of the party and Bharat Jodo Yatra in the copyright case.

The Commerical Court for Bengaluru Urban District directed the removal of three tweets shared by the Congress’ Twitter handles @INCIndia and @BharatJodo.

Starring Yash, Srinidhi Shetty, Sanjay Dutt, Raveena Tandon, and Archana Jois in the titular roles, KGF-2 is the second instalment to the 2018 Kannada film KGF: Chapter 1. Directed and written by Prashanth Neel, the music of the film has been composed by Ravi Basrur. The film became the third highest-grossing Indian film this year worldwide.

Continue Reading

India News

Meerut police officer breaks into elderly Dalit couple’s house, beats them up, vandalises their house | WATCH

The Meerut police also quashed the claims of the woman to be false and added that the police officials haven’t behaved in an uncivilized manner with any of the relatives.

Published

on

A video has come to light from Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut where the Meerut Police allegedly under the influence of alcohol broke into a Dalit couple’s house and vandalised it. The victims have also alleged that the police officials were intoxicated. The family is residents of a house in Sisauli village.

According to reports, the Mau Khas Police station Station incharge, Subhash Chand is alleged to be responsible for the incident.

In the video, the woman can be seen wailing in pain as she looks at her vandalised home and complains about the police officials. The daughter of the woman can also be seen traumatised as they alleged that the police were hurling abuses at them, whereas the woman allege that she was beaten up with sticks by the police offiicals.

The woman also claimed that the police took away here son and also alleged brutality inflicted on her son.

Watch video here:

Police’s statement

Police in their statement said that the son of the woman was absconding in a matter related to a fight between two parties who were under the influence of alcohol. The Meerut police also quashed the claims of the woman to be false and added that the police officials haven’t behaved in an uncivilized manner with any of the relatives.

Another incident

Another incident recently came to light from meerut where some people beat up the family of a girl that resisted the molestation by the hooligans. Upon seeing the commotion in their locality, the neighbours rushed in to restrain the perpetrators, however, the perpetrators also assaulted the neighbours with sticks. The family and girl was also beaten up with sticks according to reports.

The police have registered a case in TP nagar Police station and the are probing to find the absconding perpetrators.

Watch video here:

Continue Reading

India News

CTET and BTET teacher candidates cause ruckus in CM Nitish Kumar Muzaffarnagar rally ahead of by-polls

The byelections between the two giants for the Kurhani by-election constituency is scheduled to be held next month on 5 December whereas the vote counting will take place on 8 December.

Published

on

CTET and BTET teacher candidates

On Friday, Nitish Kumar was giving an address at a rally held in Kurhani Assembly in Muzaffarnagar. The Chief Minister of Bihar was while delivering his addressed faced sloganeering by the CTET and BTET teacher candidates where they were heard slognareering against the Chief Minister.

The slogans raised by the CTET and BTET teacher aspirants launched an attack on the Bihar CM by raising slogans such as shame on Nitish Kumar and more. Nitish Kumar’s supporters, after hearing the sloganeering done by the teacher aspirants ruckus transpired between the Nitish Kumar supporters and the teacher candidates.

According to reports, Kumar’s supporters turned to violence insued between the two parties as they used the plastic seats to throw at each other. Finally the supporters of Nitish Kumar successfully forced the teacher candidates out of the rally by throwing seats at the candidates during Nitish Kumar address.

It is reported that the ruckus between the two ensued on one end, whereas on the other end the clash between the two groups were witnessed by many as chairs were thrown by the Nitish Kumar supporters at the BTET and CTET teacher candidates.

Kurhani by-polls

Kurhani by-polls will become the first encounter between the Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dall United since the recent break of ties between the two parties to form a government with the help of Rashtriya Janata Dall.

The byelections between the two giants for the Kurhani by-election constituency is scheduled to be held next month on 5 December whereas the vote counting will take place on 8 December.

The Kurhani seat was vacated after the RJD MlA Anil Kumar Sahni was disqualified from the state assembly election after he was sent to jail. Sahni had won the seat by beating BJP’s fielded leader by 700 votes in 2020.

Passenger sitting by train’s window seat dies after iron rod pierces through his neck

Veteran Odia actor Jharana Das passes away at 77, President Draupadi Murmu expresses grief

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com