English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Who is Nihang Sarabjit Singh? Man who killed Lakhbir Singh at Singhu border, says he did what was right

Before surrendering, Nihang Sikh, Sarabjit Singh appeared before the media and he confessed that he was behind the killing of the Dalit farmer at the protest site.

Published

on

Nihang Sarabjit Singh

A gruesome murder took place on Friday at the Singhu border at the farmers’ protest site. On Friday morning, the farmers found a body of a man tied to the barricade of the Singhu border with hands and legs chopped off, which left everyone in shock.

Soon after, the police arrived at the incident spot but at the time they arrived the man was dead. Framer’s body claimed that Nihangs were behind this murder. In just hours, Nihang Sarabjit Singh surrendered to the police.

Before surrendering, Nihang Sikh, Sarabjit Singh appeared before the media and he confessed that he was behind the killing of the Dalit farmer at the protest site. He even said that the person was discredeting a Sikh sacred book and he did what seemed right to him.

He also said that no one pressurised or asked him to do any such thing, it was his own decision. Moreover, Jathedar Raja Raj Singh, the Nihang Dal’s chief said that those who will try to discredit their efforts will be punished and in the near future, there will be even more tough punishments for the individuals who try to oppose them.

Read Also: Dussehra 2021: Bored of sending same old wishes? Here’s how you can create your own Dussehra stickers

Earlier, before Nihang Sarbjit Singh surrendered, ML Khattar, Haryana Chief Minister said that strict action will be taken and he also held a meeting at his residence in Chandigarh that was attended by Home Minister Anil Vij and the Haryana Police DGP, to discuss the gruesome killing.

The man who was killed was identified as Lakhbir Singh. He was 35-years-old and hailed from Punjab’s Tarn Taran district. Lakhbir was Dalit labour and was an adopted son. He was survived by his wife, sister and three daughters.

India News

Maharashtra sends controversial IAS trainee Puja Khedkar back to academy

Published

on

Trainee IAS officer Puja Khedkar, who has been the eye of the storm, has been asked by the Maharashtra Government to report back to the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie.

A letter from Maharashtra Additional Chief Secretary Nitin Gadre stated LBSNAA has suspended district training of Khedkar and has called her back for further necessary action. The letter said she has been relieved from the district training programme of the state government of Maharashtra and has been asked to join the academy by July 23 under any circumstances.

Khedkar had made it to the headlines for her alleged demands of a separate office and official car, besides using a beacon on her private luxury car without official sanction.

Earlier this month, a report regarding Khedkar and her father’s objectionable behaviour was sent by Pune District Collector Suhas Diwase to the state government.

Reports said Khedkar completed her MBBS and then appeared for the UPSC exams several times. According to her, she joined the IRS in 2019. In a later interview she said she could not join the IRS since there were some technical problems in the OBC allocation of her seat.

Thereafter, in November 2021, she applied and got appointed as the assistant director in the Sports Authority of India. She then appeared for the Civil Services Examination in 2021 and cleared the preliminary exam, the main examination, and the interview, securing the 821st rank.

However, she failed to present herself for a medical test to confirm disability claims of blindness and mental illness due to which she was getting benefits under the category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. Consequently, this persisted as a legal battle in Central Administrative Tribunal against UPSC.

Continue Reading

India News

Supreme Court issues notice to CBI, ED on Manish Sisodia bail plea

Published

on

Manish Sisodia

The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation and the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the bail pleas moved by former Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.

The Supreme Court’s decided to issue notice to the two agencies after arguments on Sisodia’s petitions for bail in two cases relating to alleged irregularities in the now-scrapped Delhi liquor policy. The court granted two weeks to the agencies to file their views.

“Views of agencies have to be heard before any decision is taken,” said Chief Justice DY Chandrachud, pointing at the seriousness of the charges slapped on Sisodia. The former Delhi Deputy CM has been under judicial remand since February 2023 over corruption and money laundering charges.

According to Sisodia’s counsel, the charges against him are politically motivated and lack enough evidence. The counsel had sought bail on medical grounds, to which the CBI or ED objected, saying his release might hamper the ongoing investigation into the case by influencing the witnesses or tampering with evidence.

According to the CBI and ED, Sisodia’s involvement in the liquor policy scheme was responsible for substantial state revenue loss and worked in favor of private liquor vendors.

Manish Sisodia, known for his transformational work in the field of education under the Delhi government, is not the only Aam Aadmi Party leader in jail. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Satyendar Jain are also behind bars. While Kejriwal is jailed in connection with the liquor policy case, Jain is in prison for corruption charges.

Continue Reading

India News

PayTm share price slips 2 per cent over SEBI warning

Published

on

Paytm

The share price of PayTm fell by nearly 2 per cent on Tuesday following a warning from the the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).

PayTm’s parent One 97 Communication had got SEBI’s administrative warning letter on some transactions involving the PayTm Payments Bank during fiscal year 2021-2022. The bourses reacted strongly leading to PayTm shares falling by 1.88% to Rs 460.80 per share on the Bombay Stock Exchange.

SEBI said it had noted the violation with concern and said these matters are being viewed very seriously. The regulator warned the company to exercise caution going forward and improve compliance to rules to prevent similar incidents in the future.

The markets regulator added that failure to comply with rules may force it to invoke enforcement actions as per the law.

In its response to SEBI, PayTm said in a media release that it has always followed listing regulations, as well as any change to these rules over time. The company said it would keep up its commitment to maintain and follow high standards of compliance. Paytm said it intends to provide an adequate response to SEBI on this matter.

PayTm said it has always followed Regulation 23 along with Regulation 4(1)(h) of the SEBI Listing Regulations, without including any change made to these rules over time. Paytm added that the letter from  SEBI has no influence on its finances, operations or other activities in any way.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com