English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Parliament security breach: Delhi Police detains two more people, investigation in full swing

The attackers entered the Lok Sabha through the visitors’ gallery and proceeded to spray smoke.

Published

on

Two more people have been taken into custody by the Delhi Police’s Special Cell today, in relation to the significant security breach that occurred at Parliament on Wednesday.

The attackers entered the Lok Sabha through the visitors’ gallery and proceeded to spray smoke. Concerns concerning inadequate security were raised by the entry on the anniversary of the terrorist attack on Parliament in 2001.

The five accused in the case, named as co-conspirators, Lalit Jha, 35, a native of Kolkata, turned himself in to police late on Thursday, leading to the detention of the two men going by their first names, Mahesh and Kailash.

According to a police, Mahesh accompanied Jha and they were turned over to the Special Cell, which is looking into the matter. He further said that Mahesh was being held for interrogation while Jha was being arrested. Their interrogation revealed Kailash’s involvement, and he was also taken into custody.

Jha took a bus to Rajasthan, where he may have destroyed cell phones before taking a bus back to Delhi, according to police. While police were corroborated by him, he maintained that he had stayed in Rajasthan with Mahesh.

The accused were members of a social media organisation called the Bhagat Singh Fan Club, via which Jha and Mahesh were connected.

According to investigators, who cited preliminary questioning, Mahesh also desired to take part in the protest in Parliament but was unable to do so. The officer said, Everything that is being told to police was being verified.

The breach was a well-thought-out plan that dates back almost a year, the reporters said today. One of the intruders hired a Lucknow cobbler to make 2.5-inch-deep holes in the soles of two pairs of shoes so he could fill them with yellow smoke canisters that he transported to Parliament.

Four of the accused, who had been detained earlier in the case, were remanded to police custody for seven days on Thursday. These included Sagar Sharma and Manoranjan D, who jumped through three layers of security before jumping from the visitors’ gallery and spray-painting coloured smoke inside the Lok Sabha, and Amol Shinde and Neelam Singh, who yelled slogans outside Parliament.

2024 Lok Sabha Elections

Election Commission advises Bengal Governor to not visit Cooch Behar on voting day

The Election Commission advised the Bengal Governor to call off his proposed visit to Cooch Behar on April 19.

Published

on

West Bengal governor CV Ananda Bose has been warned by the Election Commission of India (ECI) not to visit Cooch Behar on April 18 and 19, since the first phase of the Lok Sabha polls will begin with a silence period on Wednesday evening.

According to those familiar with the situation in the EC, the poll body informed the governor’s office that no local program could be planned for the governor on April 19 due to the Model Code of Conduct and the election day.

The poll body added that if they had to provide local security cover for this unexpected proposed visit without a imminently known requirement, the tour would be a diversion because the district administration and police force will be completely occupied with election management on April 18 and 19.

As a result, under Section 126 of the Representation of People Act, campaigning is prohibited in Cooch Behar starting at 6 p.m. on Wednesday.

In order to ensure a free and fair election process, the poll board has asked all district election officers and district police chiefs to make sure that all prominent individuals, campaigners, and political workers who are not local voters leave the polling area once the silence period begins.

The seven phases of the 2024 Lok Sabha elections will take place between April to June. Polls will be conducted in seven phases: the first on April 19 and the seventh on June 1. On June 4, the results will be announced.

Continue Reading

India News

Lamborghini Gallardo worth nearly Rs 1 crore set on fire over business dispute

A video circulating on social media shows the luxury car Lamborghini Gallardo being burned and reduced to ashes. The police officials said a complaint has been registered by Neeraj, a car reseller who had bought the luxury car from its original owner.

Published

on

A person who deals in the sale and purchase of old luxury cars and a few others has allegedly burnt an old but expensive model of Lamborghini Gallardo on a road in Hyderabad over a dispute with its owner on Monday. The police said the owner of the Lamborghini Gallardo, Neeraj wanted to sell off the vehicle, estimated to be worth up to Rs 1 crore, and had informed some of his friends to look for a buyer.

The police added that the main accused Ahmed had called a friend of Neeraj and asked him to bring the car. The said friend of Neeraj was known to the Ahmed. When the luxury car was brought to Mamidipalli Road which is situated on the city outskirts Ahmed along with a few others, burnt the luxury car using petrol and claimed that Neeraj owed him money.

A video circulating on social media shows the luxury car Lamborghini Gallardo being burned and reduced to ashes. The police officials said a complaint has been registered by Neeraj, a car reseller who had bought the luxury car from its original owner. By the time fire department vehicles arrived at the scene it was too late as the luxury car was engulfed in flames and badly damaged. A video of the burning Lamborghini Gallardo has been circulating on social media.

The incident is a proof to the lengths to which disputes can rise. An expert spoke about the car that got burnt and said it was the Gallardo Spyder. He pointed out that it is a substantially older gen model which can only be found in the resale market. The expert further added the car has a powerful 5-litre NA V10 engine that made 513 horse power and 510 Nm of peak torque.

Continue Reading

2024 Lok Sabha Elections

2024 Lok Sabha elections: TMC releases manifesto, Mamata Banerjee vows to scrap CAA, stop NRC

The Trinamool Congress has today released its manifesto for the Lok Sabha elections

Published

on

West Bengal CM Mamta Banarjee-led Trinamool Congress (TMC) today released its manifesto for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. In its manifesto, the TMC pledged to repeal the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), stop the development of a National Register of citizens and the Uniform Civil Code (UCC), and stop its implementation nationwide.

The manifesto was unveiled by Trinamool MP Derek O’Brien, West Bengal Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya, and Amit Mitra, who is the Special Advisor to the Chief Minister. However, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee was not present at the event.

As Derek O’Brien unveiled the manifesto, he said, this is what they will do when the TMC, as part of INDIA bloc, forms government.

The Citizenship Amendment Act has long been opposed by the Trinamool Congress. Five years after it was approved by Parliament, the central government finally put the CAA into effect last month.

The party led by Mamata Banerjee has also expressed resistance to the National Register of Citizens proposal, claiming that West Bengal will never adopt it. 

The manifesto titled Didi’s 10 sapaths, alludes to 10 oaths made by Mamata Banerjee, popularly known as Didi.

The Mamata Banerjee-led party additionally pledges to raise the daily allowance under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act to Rs 400 per day in addition to the UCC and CAA. Everyone has also been offered pucca houses by the party.

A monthly pension of Rs 1,000 for people over 60, free home delivery of 5 kg of ration for every ration card user, 10 free LPG cylinders annually for families below the poverty line, and universal healthcare coverage worth Rs 10 lakh are among the other significant commitments made.

Additionally, the Trinamool Congress has pledged to establish a price stabilization fund in order to control the cost of gasoline and LPG.

The party has assured the youth that every student will receive a monthly stipend up until the age of 25. A student credit card of Rs. 10 lakh will be awarded to those who choose to continue their education.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com