English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Samjhauta case scuttled due to shoddy prosecution, Jaitley wants Cong apology for vilifying Hindus

Published

on

Samjhauta case scuttled due to shoddy prosecution, Jaitley wants Cong apology for vilifying Hindus

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]After Samjhauta blast case joined the growing list in which Hindutva elements named as accused were let off by the courts due to shoddy investigation, Union minister Arun Jaitley today (Friday, March 29) promptly declared it to be a “fake case”, filed for “political gains” by Congress, that “vilified the entire Hindu community”.

Demanding that the Congress should apologise, Jaitley, addressing a press conference, Jaitley said, “They filed cases based on fake evidence to create the theory, but it is upon the court to decide in the end. The court has said it (Samjhauta case) is a case of no evidence and hence, those who coined the term ‘Hindu terror’ are now showing devotion.”

This was rich, coming on a day when The Indian Express (IE) had reported that a Panchkula court pointed out loopholes in the Samjhauta blast investigation by the NIA.

Jaitley’s tirade aside, the Modi-led BJP government’s approach and intent was also revealed in the statement by Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh who reportedly stated that no appeal will be made in the higher court against the Panchkula court judgment in Samjhauta blast case.

There is no better refutation of Jaitley’s claims and no better comment on how investigation appeared to have been deliberately done to scuttle the case than the judge’s order in the Samjhauta blast.

A total of 68 people including 43 Pakistan citizens, 10 Indian citizens and 15 unidentified people were killed in the blasts which took place on the Attari-bound Samjhauta Express on February 18-19 night in 2007. Two explosions took place in two unreserved coaches between Haryana’s Diwana and Panipat. Two bombs that did not go off were recovered later.

All the accused – Naba Kumar Sarkar alias Swami Aseemanand, Kamal Chauhan, Rajinder Chaudhary and Lokesh Sharma – were acquitted by the court on March 20.

Judge slams NIA for shoddy investigation

In a 160-page order which was released yesterday (Thursday), Panchkula special court judge Jagdeep Singh said the “best evidence” was “withheld” by the prosecution and was not brought on record. He said some of the cited independent witnesses were never examined or sought to be declared hostile for cross-examination when they chose not to support the prosecution case, reported IE.

Coming down heavily on the NIA, the Panchkula special court judge, who last week acquitted all four accused in the Samjhauta Express blasts case, said he was doing it “with deep pain and anguish” because a “dastardly act of violence” was going unpunished.

– Observing that a large number of witnesses turned hostile in the case, the judge underlined the need for a sound and workable witness protection scheme in the country. Of 299 witnesses in the case, 224 deposed before the court. Of these, 51 were said to have turned hostile, changing statements recorded earlier.

– On the alleged statement of witness Dr Ram Pratap Singh — the NIA’s sole witness to the “bomb ka badla bomb theory” at a meeting in Bhopal in 2008 where Aseemanand allegedly said “Hindus should also retaliate in the same way to the jihadis who are attacking Hindu religious places” — the order noted “even though Dr Ram Pratap Singh did not toe the line of prosecution, but neither any leave of the court was taken nor was he cross-examined by learned Special PPs for the NIA in order to contradict and confront him with his statement”. The court said the witness was “a got up witness of the prosecution” and even failed to identify the accused.

– The NIA Investigating Officer had told court that there were CCTV cameras at the Old Delhi Railway Station in 2007. The judge said “this much admission on the part of investigating officers further lays bare chinks in the prosecution version, because the best evidence in the shape of CCTV footages has been withheld by the prosecution/NIA. Had CCTV footage of Old Delhi Railway Station been collected by the investigating agency and put to rigorous examination, then some vital leads might have been obtained by it in order to bring the real culprits to justice, but no such evidence has been brought on record”.

– On the NIA claim that the suitcase covers of the two unexploded bombs recovered from the blast site were made by an Indore-based tailor, the judge said it is “crystal clear” that the suitcase covers, which were recovered from the place of occurrence, were found to have been stitched by the same tailor but “for reasons best known to the investigating agency”, the evidence has not been corroborated by conducting a test identification of the accused.

– “…investigating agency, very strangely, has not even bothered to get conducted Test Identification Parade (TIP) of suspects/accused so as to arrive at concrete finding that any of the accused persons facing trial had in fact got the suitcase covers stitched at the said shop and procured for using the same in the occurrence and thus investigating agency has lost a very valuable piece of evidence by not conducting investigation properly in this regard,” the judge said.

– The order noted that the NIA had claimed that call detail records of various mobile phones revealed that Sunil Joshi, the alleged mastermind, was at the Kothari market in Indore in February 2007 and call detail records of the telephones used by Pragya Thakur, Sunil Joshi, Sandeep Dange and Aseemanand showed inter-connectivity and links of suspects/co-accused during the months of February/March, 2007.

“However, again prosecution/NIA has not brought an iota of evidence on record to establish any such facts/assertions. Neither any call detail records (CDRs) of any mobile phone nor any other evidence pertaining to ownership and possession of any mobile phone by the accused/suspects has been brought on record,” the judge said.

– Stating that there is no evidence on record to prove the accused had carried out recce of Delhi Railway Station and they had stayed at the dormitories there as was claimed by the NIA in the charge sheet, the NIA Court has said there is no evidence on record to even prove that the accused had travelled from Indore to Nizamuddin Railway Station. One official witness had claimed the record pertaining to dormitories was available and was not disposed of.

“This court has not got an opportunity to look into a vital piece of evidence because the entries in the handwriting of passengers might have been got compared with the handwritings/signatures of suspects, thereby further providing a vital clue about the involvement of real culprits,” the court has said, adding it has been claimed that four accused after planting the bombs escaped to Jaipur and then Indore but “again no evidence in this regard has been brought on record to make out any such escape journey of these accused … in the absence of any credible and admissible evidence, this court cannot put stamp of approval to the version put forth by the prosecution in the shape of mere allegations”.

The NIA’s earlier record has been consistently similar in such cases. Between 2006 and 2008, there were six terrorist incidents perpetrated by a network of extreme Hindutva groups. Aseemanand, Pragya Thakur and Lt. Colonel Shrikant Purohit were the prominent conspirators amongst them.

Aseemanand, an RSS-VHP activist and said to be the main organizer of the terrorist attacks which targeted Muslim places of worship, was earlier acquitted in the Mecca Masjid blast and the Ajmer Dargah blast cases. In the Mecca Masjid blast in which nine people were killed in 2017 all the accused including Aseemanand were acquitted.

Under the Modi regime, the NIA has the dubious record of undermining all the terrorist cases related to the Hindutva extremist groups, according to Prakash Karat, member of CPI(M) politburo.

In the Ajmer Dargah blast case, prosecuted by the NIA, Aseemanand and six others were acquitted. It was only in this case that two RSS pracharaks were convicted and sentenced to life; however their sentences were stayed by the High Court.

In the case concerning the Malegaon blast of 2008, the NIA dropped charges against Pragya Thakur under the MCOCA. But the special court reinstated the case against her under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA).

That the NIA was trying to exonerate both Pragya Thakur and Srikant Purohit in this case was exposed when the public prosecutor Rohini Salian complained that the NIA was pressurizing her to go soft on the case. The NIA did not oppose bail being granted to Pragya Thakur and Purohit.

The pattern in all the cases are the same: shoddy prosecution, witnesses turning hostile and a lack of conviction on the part of the NIA in pursuing the cases. The NIA did not go in appeal against the court verdict acquitting Aseemanand in Mecca Masjid case, or, the Ajmer Dargah case.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

India News

AAP leader Saurabh Bharadwaj says a conspiracy is underway for slow death of Arvind Kejriwal

Saurabh Bharadwaj also slammed the Tihar administration, BJP, Centre and Delhi LG and held them responsible for denying insulin to Kejriwal and said the Delhi Chief Minister has been suffering from Type-2 diabetes for the last 20-22 years.

Published

on

The Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday said that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is being pushed towards a slow death inside Tihar jail as he is being denied insulin and consultations with his doctor.  AAP spokesperson Saurabh Bharadwaj told the media that Arvind Kejriwal, who is suffering from Type-2 diabetes, has been asking for insulin and a video conferencing with his family doctor as the jail administration is not allowing him to do so.

Bharadwaj said he wants to say with full responsibility that a conspiracy is underway for the slow death of Kejriwal. He said his claims were on the basis of blood sugar readings of the Delhi Chief Minister in jail. He also slammed the Tihar administration, BJP, Centre and Delhi LG and held them responsible for denying insulin to Kejriwal and said the Delhi Chief Minister has been suffering from Type-2 diabetes for the last 20-22 years.

On Friday, the Delhi chief minister’s council Senior advocate Abhishek Manu Singhvi said Kejriwal has not been administered insulin to control his sugar levels since his arrest, and termed it alarming and shocking. The Enforcement Directorate had on Thursday claimed before the court that Kejriwal has been taking high sugar intake by consuming foods like mangoes and sweets every day, inspite of the fact that he was suffering from Type-2 diabetes, to create grounds for medical bail.

Kejriwal refuted the claims of the Enforcement Directorate by asserting before a court that the food he consumed was in accordance with the diet chart prepared by his doctor. Arvind Kejriwal confirmed that he only uses sugar free in his tea.

Bharadwaj further added that overall, it was a conspiracy to give a slow death to Arvind  Kejriwal so that his multiple organs get damaged and when he comes out of jail after 2-4 months he goes for the treatment of heart, kidney and other organs.

Continue Reading

2024 Lok Sabha Elections

Rahul Gandhi says BJP will not get more than 150 seats in Lok Sabha elections

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi said these BJP people are saying that they will secure this many or that many seats and but he wanted to make it clear that BJP will not get more than 150 seats.

Published

on

With completion of the first phase of the Lok Sabha elections yesterday, the stage is set for the 2nd phase of the Lok Sabha elections, which has lead the political parties to intensify and accelerate campaigning. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi too, with his eyes set on the 2nd phase was addressing a public rally at Bihar’s Bhagalpur on Saturday.

Addressing the rally, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and said these BJP people are saying that they will secure this many or that many seats and but he wanted to make it clear that BJP will not get more than 150 seats.

Rahul Gandhi expressed his confidence that the I.N.D.I.A. Bloc will emerge victorious in the Lok Sabha elections. He also stressed on the party’s vision for INDIA once elected to power. Rahul Gandhi said, As soon as the INDIA alliance government comes, they will end the Agniveer scheme. He said India does not need two types of martyrs and added that everyone should get pension.

Gandhi further added that they will change GST and there will be one tax, minimum tax. He also talked about doubling the salary of Asha and Anganwadi workers. Gandhi said they are giving 2 guarantees to the farmers. The Congress party is going to waive off the farmers’ debts, and secondly, they are going to provide a guaranteed minimum support price to the farmers of India.

Congress leader even promised that his government would provide all diploma holders and graduates in India with the right to an apprenticeship. During the second phase of the Lok Sabha elections which are scheduled to be held on April 26, 4 constituencies in Bihar, including, Kishanganj, Bhagalpur, and Purnia ,Katihar will go for elections.

Continue Reading

2024 Lok Sabha Elections

RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav says BJP’s 400 paar film has become a super flop on the first day itself

Tejashwi Yadav said the INDIA Bloc had held block wise meetings and the feedback that has come is very good that the BJP’s 400 paar film has flopped on day 1 of the Lok Sabha elections. He said the people of Bihar are aware and will teach BJP a lesson.

Published

on

After the first phase of the Lok Sabha election got completed, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav on Saturday took a dig at the Bharatiya Janata Party and said that the BJP’s 400 paar film has become a super flop on the first day itself. The RJD leader told that the media that there is no competition in the first phase of the elections as Bihar will give shocking results this time.

Yadav added that the Mahagathbandhan is winning all 4 seats in the first phase. He said the INDIA Bloc had held block wise meetings and the feedback that has come is very good that the BJP’s 400 paar film has flopped on day 1 of the Lok Sabha elections. He said the people of Bihar are aware and will teach BJP a lesson.

Tejashwi Yadav said there is no competition in the first phase. He said the people of Bihar will give shocking results this time. He added the BJP government has not done anything for the people of Bihar. He said the promises made by Modi ji in 2014 and 2019 were not fulfilled. Yadav added the public is tired of BJP’s statements and false promises. He said the opposition has promised that they will give a special package to Bihar along with special status.

Tejashwi Yadav said today the rally is with Rahul Gandhi ji in Bhagalpur. The entire INDIA Bloc and the Mahagathbandhan are working together. The RJD leader pointed out that unemployment is the biggest issue in Bihar. He said other important issues being faced by the people of Bihar are poverty, inflation, investment in the state. He said Migration and floods are also issues which need to be looked at.  He added the people of BJP are very worried. He said the people of BJP say that they will abolish the Constitution. He said those who destroy the Constitution will themselves be destroyed.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com