English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Prashant Kishor rules out alliance with Chirag Paswan, says our alliance is with the people

Prashant Kishor has dismissed speculation of a Jan Suraaj–LJP (Ram Vilas) alliance, saying his fight is for the people, not for seats. The statement comes amid Chirag Paswan’s seat-sharing standoff with BJP.

Published

on

Jan Suraaj chief Prashant Kishore

Poll strategist-turned-politician Prashant Kishor has made it clear that his Jan Suraaj Party will contest the upcoming Bihar Assembly election independently, putting an end to speculation about a possible alliance with Chirag Paswan’s Lok Janshakti Party (Ram Vilas).

“Our alliance is with the people”

Addressing the media, Kishor said his party is not interested in joining hands with any political outfit driven by power-sharing ambitions. “There is a fight going on to loot Bihar. This is not a fight for seats. Every party wants to get more seats so they can loot Bihar more in the future. We do not have any alliance. Our alliance is with the people,” he said.

Rumours of a Jan Suraaj–LJP (Ram Vilas) alliance had gained momentum amid reports of tough negotiations between Chirag Paswan and the BJP over seat-sharing within the NDA.

Chirag Paswan’s seat demands

Chirag Paswan, the Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, has reportedly demanded 40 out of 243 Assembly seats in Bihar for his party. The BJP, however, is said to have offered 25 seats — a proposal Paswan is unwilling to accept.

He also hinted at potential consequences if his demands are not met. “I am like salt on vegetables… I can affect 20,000 to 25,000 votes in every constituency,” Paswan said in an interview, adding, “I always have the option of walking out.”

Despite his statements, BJP insiders maintain that Paswan continues to be a strong supporter of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and that his remarks are intended to appease his party’s internal hardliners.

India News

Congress to join Vijay cabinet in Tamil Nadu after 59 years, two MLAs set to become ministers

Published

on

The Congress party is set to become part of the Tamil Nadu government for the first time in nearly six decades, with two of its MLAs expected to join Chief Minister C. Joseph Vijay’s cabinet in an upcoming expansion.

According to reports, the Congress leadership has approved the induction of two legislators into the Vijay-led administration, marking the party’s return to power-sharing in Tamil Nadu after 59 years.

The development comes days after actor-turned-politician Vijay’s party, Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK), formed the government in Tamil Nadu following the 2026 Assembly elections. Congress had extended support to TVK during the government formation process earlier this month.

Reports said MLAs K Rajesh Kumar and P Viswanathan are among the likely Congress leaders to be sworn in as ministers. The cabinet expansion is expected to strengthen the alliance between TVK and Congress while also giving Congress a direct role in governance in the state.

Congress had last been part of the Tamil Nadu government in 1967, making the latest move a major political milestone in the state’s history. Political observers see the decision as an attempt to consolidate the ruling alliance and maintain stability in the new government.

The TVK government led by Vijay has already begun administrative restructuring and portfolio allocation after taking office earlier this month. Vijay retained key departments including Home, Police and Youth Welfare in the initial cabinet formation.

The Congress leadership had earlier indicated its willingness to participate in the Tamil Nadu government after extending support to Vijay during the post-election negotiations.

Continue Reading

India News

BJP attacks Rahul Gandhi over traitor remark against PM Modi, Amit Shah

Published

on

Rahul-Gandhi

Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi triggered a sharp political controversy on Wednesday after calling Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh “traitors” during an address to Congress workers in Uttar Pradesh’s Rae Bareli.

The remarks drew an immediate backlash from the Bharatiya Janata Party, with several leaders accusing the Congress MP of using “the language of terrorists” and attempting to insult democratic institutions.

According to reports, Rahul Gandhi told party workers that when RSS members speak about PM Modi and Amit Shah, they should respond by saying, “Your Prime Minister is a traitor, your home minister is a traitor, your organisation is a traitor.” He further alleged that the ruling establishment had “worked to sell out India” and attacked the Constitution as well as the ideals of Dr BR Ambedkar and Mahatma Gandhi.

The Congress leader made the remarks while addressing workers in Rae Bareli, his parliamentary constituency in Uttar Pradesh. His comments quickly became the centre of a heated political exchange between the BJP and Congress.

BJP leaders strongly condemned the statement, saying Rahul Gandhi’s comments crossed democratic boundaries. Party leaders claimed his language echoed narratives used by hostile elements against India and accused him of targeting the Indian state for political gains.

The controversy intensified further after Rahul Gandhi also criticised PM Modi over a viral video showing the Prime Minister gifting a packet of “Melody” candy to Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni during his visit to Rome. Gandhi reportedly mocked the gesture amid ongoing political debates over economic and governance issues.

The latest exchange adds to the escalating war of words between the BJP and Congress ahead of key political battles in several states and the broader national political contest. Political tensions between the two parties have intensified in recent weeks over issues ranging from governance and foreign visits to economic concerns and constitutional debates.

Continue Reading

India News

Meta to eliminate 8,000 jobs in major restructuring shift

A major controversy has erupted after Norway’s largest newspaper published a cartoon depicting PM Narendra Modi as a snake charmer, drawing widespread allegations of racism and a colonial mindset.

Published

on

In an effort to streamline operations and aggressively fund its pivot toward artificial intelligence, Meta Platforms has announced a fresh round of workforce reductions. The corporate decision will impact approximately 8,000 employees globally, translating to nearly 10 per cent of its total workforce. In addition to the workforce downsizing, the technology giant will also eliminate 6,000 currently open job positions across various teams.

Strategic reallocation toward advanced technology

According to an internal memo sent to staff by Chief People Officer Janelle Gale, the workforce adjustments are scheduled to take effect from May 20. Gale acknowledged that the announcement brings unwelcome news and places teams in an uneasy position, but maintained that the choice represents the best path forward given the company’s current operational demands. The organizational overhaul comes as the parent company of Facebook and Instagram drastically increases its capital expenditure to support high-cost AI infrastructure, models, and specialized technical talent.

The tech major has actively adjusted its spending trajectory, with projections for the current financial year mounting significantly to fund developments such as specialized data centers, high-performance automated software, and compensation packages intended to capture top-tier industry experts. Media reports indicate that the company is looking to build smaller, more agile product development structures that utilize advanced computing tools to achieve output targets traditionally requiring much larger operational divisions.

Corporate focus shifts to lean operations

Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg has previously emphasized that advanced digital tools are altering internal production cycles, allowing smaller engineering units to deliver applications in shorter timeframes. While leadership maintains that automation is intended to enhance worker output rather than entirely swap out human professionals, the sheer scale of the restructuring has triggered broader anxieties regarding corporate workforce security across the silicon landscape.

For the affected workforce in the United States, the organization has laid out a severance structure offering 16 weeks of base compensation alongside an additional two weeks of pay for every completed year of service. The company will also sustain health coverage for eligible workers and their dependents for a span of 18 months. For professionals impacted in international jurisdictions, severance support is expected to align with regional legal guidelines alongside dedicated immigration and career placement guidance. Finance Chief Susan Li noted that the enterprise continues to evaluate its optimal structural size as new technological implementation rapidly transforms the capacity and daily output expected from single personnel units.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com