English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Cuba: Over 100 killed in deadly air crash, three survive

Published

on

Cuba: Over 100 killed in deadly air crash, three survive

In a worst air disaster in nearly three decades, more than 100 people were killed in Cuban capital Havana when a Boeing passenger plane crashed soon after taking off on Friday. Miraculously four live passengers were taken to hospital. One of them died while three are being treated.

The ill feted Boeing 737 operated by Cubana de Aviacion crashed into a field near Havana’s Jose Marti airport, sending a thick column of acrid smoke into the air. It was operating a domestic flight to Holguin, a popular tourist destination with pristine beaches, in eastern Cuba. It crashed at 12:08 p.m. (1608 GMT).

Blackened wreckage of Flight CU972 was strewn over the crash site, 20 km (12 miles) south of Havana, the report said.

Five of the passengers and the crew were foreign nationals, two Argentine citizens and an unspecified number of Mexicans were among the dead. This was confirmed by Argentine and Mexican governments.

Cuba: Over 100 killed in deadly air crash, three surviveCuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel said in broadcast that a high number of people appeared to have been killed. “There has been an unfortunate aviation accident. The news is not very promising, it seems that there is a high number of victims,” Diaz-Canel said after his visit to the crash site.

He said the fire from the crash had been extinguished and authorities were identifying the bodies of the victims. Authorities were investigating the cause of the crash. He said nine crew members were believed to have been on board, in addition to the passengers.

The 58-year-old Miguel Diaz-Canel, who succeeded Raul Castro as the island’s leader last month, appeared aghast as he surveyed the recovery efforts. He was seen wearing a short sleeved green shirt and surrounded by officials.

Cuban government declared two days of official mourning period. The national flag would be flown at half-mast outside state and military institutions.

Former Cuban president Raul Castro, 86, the head of country’s ruling Communist Party, offered his condolences to the families of the victims. Currently he is recovering from a hernia operation. This was the first time Cuba reported on Castro’s health condition, who handed over the reins of power to his right-hand man Miguel Diaz Canel last month.

State television said the airliner was operated by a foreign crew. European airline Blue Panorama had been leasing a 737-400 plane to Cubana de Aviacion for several months.

In July 1997, Cuba witnessed major airline crash when an Antonov-24 passenger plane fell into the sea off Santiago de Cuba, killing all 44 on aboard. A small Antonov-2 plane was crashed while flying domestic, killing 16 people on board in March 2002.

Latest world news

Kidnapped Indian-origin family of 4, including 8-month-old, found dead in California

The bodies of the deceased were discovered by a farm worker in a remote orchard in Merced County.

Published

on

Kidnapped Indian-origin family of 4, including 8-month-old, found dead in California

In a chilling incident, four members of the Indian-origin Sikh family, including an eight-month-old baby girl, were found dead in California, United States in an orchard on Wednesday after they were kidnapped earlier this week. The reports state that the family was abducted at gunpoint on Monday.

The bodies of the deceased were discovered by a farm worker in a remote orchard in Merced County. The victims were identified as baby Aroohi Dheri, Jasleen Kaur, 27, her father, Jasdeep Singh, 36, and the baby’s uncle, Amandeep Singh, 39. According to the officials, the family of four was kidnapped from the family’s trucking company in Merced.

Read Also: Viral: Ravana’s burning effigy fights back, blasts rockets at everyone around, leaves internet in splits | Watch

At a press conference, Sheriff Vern Warnke said tonight our worse fears have been confirmed and called it a horrible senseless act. He further said that the family (of the victim) has been notified. We have made arrangements through other contacts to try and get them, he added. Warnke further said that the police are investigating the matter to find the motivation of the killer.

According to the officials, the convicted robber tried to take his own life after the killings. The police nabbed the 48-year-old Jesus Salgado after they caught him using their ATM card in Atwater in Merced County. The police couldn’t interrogate the accused as he is currently under medical supervision.

The surveillance footage which was released on Wednesday showed that the family was pushed inside a truck by an armed guy. Amandeep and Jasdeep were seen leaving the company with their hands bound. A few seconds later, the mother of the infant and the kidnapper followed them to a truck.

Salgado had previously been found guilty in Merced County of attempted false imprisonment, first-degree robbery with the use of a firearm, and an attempt to deter or persuade a victim or witness. The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation reports that he received an 11-year state prison sentence in that case. He was released from prison in 2015 and discharged from parole three years later.

Uttar Pradesh: 19-year-old girl strangled to death after being raped in Mainpuri

West Bengal: 8 people died by drowning in Mal river during visarjan | Watch

Continue Reading

India News

Nobel Prize 2022: The winners in Medicine, Physics and Chemistry

The Co-founders of the fact-checking news portal AltNews, Mohammed Zubair and Pratik Sinha, are among the contenders to win the 2022 Nobel Peace Prize.

Published

on

Nobel Prize 2022

Everyone wants to become famous in the world for their extraordinary work. The Nobel Prize provides opportunities for the same. It is awarded in six categories-medicine, physics, chemistry, economics, literature and peace work.

The Nobel Prize 2022 is going to get more media coverage because two Indians are on the top list of the Nobel Peace Prize. According to TIME magazine, the Co-founders of the fact-checking news portal AltNews, Mohammed Zubair and Pratik Sinha, are among the favourites contenders to win the 2022 Peace Prize.

The Nobel Prize has been announced for the three categories-Medicine of physiology, Physics and Chemistry. A Swedish geneticist Svante Paobo won the Nobel Prize in medicine for his discoveries concerning the genomes of extinct hominins and human evolution. He has created a new field of ancient DNA studies and also identified populations at higher risk of disease. In 1999, he founded the Max Plank Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany where he is still active.

The Nobel committee announced Nobel Prize in Physics for three scientists-Alain Aspect, John F Clauser and Anton Zeilinger. They all worked in the field of quantum technology.

According to the Nobel committee, the 2022 Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded for experiments with entangled photons, establishing the violation of Bell inequalities and pioneering quantum information science.

It said that the 2022 NobelPrize laureates in physics have conducted groundbreaking experiments using entangled quantum states, where two particles behave like a single unit even when they are separated. The results have cleared the way for new technology based upon quantum information.

Read Also: Uber driver’s special request for passengers leaves internet laughing out loud

The Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been shared by Carolyn R Bertozzi, Morten Medal and K. Barry Sharpless for the development of click chemistry and bioorthogonal chemistry.

Barry Sharpless has just become the fifth individual to be awarded two Nobel Prizes. Earlier, he was awarded the chemistry prize in 2001. He follows in the footsteps of double Nobel Prize laureates John Bardeen, Marie Skłodowska Curie, Linus Pauling and Frederick Sanger.

Viral: Man dressed as Ravan performs amazing dance, video goes viral | Watch

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Have you seen a Chimpanzee paying for Pizza delivery?

The comments on the video were as epic as the Chimpanzee’s conviction.

Published

on

Chimpanzee

A woman while delivering Pizza to a Circus in Russia met an unexpected customer. A Chimpanzee opens the door, hands over the cash to her and takes the pizza inside. Confused, the woman takes her delivery bag and rushes back.

Twitter broke after a video, that has grabbed all the eyeballs, of a chimpanzee taking the Pizza delivery and paying for the same went viral which led to social media reactions.

Watch the viral video here

The video that seems to be of a circus room, a woman reaches with her delivery bag to handover the pizza and knocks the door. To her surprise, a Chimp, smartly dressed up in a red sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers, comes out of the door.

The confused woman takes a step back but was reassured when the Chimpanzee hands her over the cash. Slowly, she hands him over the Pizza box and takes off in haste. Happy with his pizza, Chimp goes back inside, and the door closes behind him.

The comments on the video were as epic as the Chimpanzee’s conviction.

A Twitter user wittily asked, What’s more terrifying – the chimpanzee opening the door or eating Russian pizza?

Commenting sarcastically, another one said that Bobo had to move out the zoo and get a place in the city because of their Do Not Feed the Animals policy.

Giving a reference of the hit film Rise of Apes, a user commented. Reacting to the unusual scenario, the user wrote that ain’t nobody will believe the her till they see the video. That woman ran to go tell somebody immediately, he added.

The video shows an incident that was unhoped for, commenting on the unanticipated incident, another twitter user comments, that it would be considered as witchcraft at where he comes from.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com