English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Isolated Trump gets Saudi Arabia, Israel support on Iran deal withdrawal

Published

on

Isolated Trump gets Saudi Arabia, Israel support on Iran deal withdrawal

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Iran to remain with JCPOA along with other signatories, says Rouhani

Amidst worldwide criticism and condemnation of US President Donald Trump’s move of withdrawing from Iran nuclear deal, Israel and Saudi Arabia were the only countries which have welcomed and supported the most controversial diplomatic step.

The official statement from Riyadh says, “The kingdom of Saudi Arabia supports and welcomes the steps announced by President Donald Trump regarding the United States’ withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal. The Kingdom also supports reinstating economic sanctions on the Iranian regime, which have been suspended under the nuclear deal”.

The official statement, while describing the reason of change in its stance, says, “The Kingdom’s previous support for the nuclear deal concluded by Iran and the P5+1 group of countries was based on Saudi Arabia’s conviction in the need to take all possible steps that may assist in non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East and the world.”

Read Also:-  Donald Trump Facing Isolation on Iran Nuclear Compliance

It further adds, “The Iranian regime however, took advantage of the economic benefits afforded by the lifting of sanctions and used them to continue its destabilizing activities in the region, especially by developing its ballistic missiles and supporting terrorist organizations in the region, including Hizbollah and the Houthi militias, which used the capabilities provided by Iran to target civilians in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Yemen, as well as, repeatedly targeting international shipping lanes in a blatant violation of UN Security Council resolutions.”

Isolated Trump gets Saudi Arabia, Israel support on Iran deal withdrawal

Toeing completely US position, Saudi Arabia said, “The Kingdom reaffirms its support of the strategy previously announced by President Trump towards Iran, and hopes the international community will take a firm and unified stance against the Iranian regime, and its destabilizing aggression in the region, its support to terrorist groups, particularly Hizbollah and the Houthis militias, and its support of the Assad regime-who has committed heinous crimes against its people that led to the death of more than half a million civilians, including through the use of chemical weapons.”

Read Also:- Trump’s announcement is awaited Tuesday on Iran n-deal

The official statement further said, “Based on this position, the Kingdom asserts its commitment to work with its partners in the United States and the international community to reach the goals announced by President Trump, and the necessity to address the dangers posed by the policies of Iran on international peace and security through a holistic approach, that is not limited to its nuclear program, but addresses its hostile activities, including Iran’s interference in the internal affairs of countries in the region, its support of terrorism, and to prevent Iran from ever possessing weapons of mass destruction.”

This was the rare activity on Saudi Press Agency, which has carried a 347 word statement in English language within three hours of Trump’s announcement. Generally Saudi official statements are very short with poor English issued after long thought process applied on each word. But the quick reaction to Trump’s move indicated that it was prepared in advance in much better English language. Observers believe that the statement could have been prepared in some other capital on dotted lines.

Meanwhile Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu welcomed U.S. President Donald Trump’s announcement on the U.S. withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal and hailed the move as a “courageous” and “right” decision.

Exerting further pressure on Iran, Netanyahu accused Tehran of preparing to attack ‘Israel’ saying “For the past months, Iran has been transferring weapons to its forces in Syria.”

Addressing live on television late on Tuesday night, Netanyahu said, “We will react with force” to any attack, he said. “The army is prepared, the army is strong, and whoever will try us will feel well the strength of our arm,” he warned.

Israeli PM called on the ‘international community’ to join the US and revoke the landmark deal and act against “the Iranian aggression.” He reiterated his allegations that the deal would have enabled Iran to enrich uranium “in quantities sufficient to produce a whole arsenal of nuclear bombs.”

President Donald Trump on Tuesday pulled the US out of the multilateral nuclear deal with Iran, raising the risk of conflict in the Middle East, upsetting European allies and casting uncertainty over global oil supplies.

Trump said in a televised address from the White House that he would reimpose U.S. economic sanctions on Iran to undermine  “a horrible one-sided deal that should have never, ever been made.”

The 2015 agreement, worked out by the United States, five other world powers and Iran, lifted sanctions on Iran in exchange for Tehran limiting its nuclear program. The pact was designed to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear bomb.

But Trump complained that the accord, the signature foreign policy achievement of his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama, did not address Iran’s ballistic missile program, its nuclear activities beyond 2025 or its role in conflicts in Yemen and Syria.

However, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, while reacting to Trump’s move, has said that Tehran will stay in the JCPOA with other signatories, stressing that his country has always has complied with its commitments to the deal, while the US has never complied with its provisions.

Read Also:-   Russia, China to Continue Support Iran Nuclear Deal

Addressing the nation late on Tuesday night, Rouhani stressed that Trump’s decision was a historical experience for his country and noted that US President has a history of undermining international treaties. He further said that Iran would remain in the nuclear deal without US presence.

Rouhani added that he has ordered the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran to be prepared for resuming nuclear enrichment at the industrial level.

Moreover, Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif posted his reaction in a tweet.[/vc_column_text][vc_raw_html]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[/vc_raw_html][vc_column_text]Though there has been lot of activity throughout night in Middle Eastern capitals, Iranian position was supported by its closest ally Syrian government headed by Bashar al-Assad.

According to official SANA news agency, Syria has strongly condemned US President’s decision to withdraw from the nuclear deal with Iran and renewed full solidarity with Iran and expressed confidence on Iran’s capability to overcome the repercussions of the US administration hostile stance.

An official source at the Ministry of Foreign and Expatriates in Damascus reportedly said, “Syria strongly condemns the US president decision which proves once again the US non-commitment to the international agreements and conventions.”

The source further added that the international reactions to the US decision which condemn and denounce it show the isolation of the US and its wrong policies which would increase tensions in the world.

Read More:-   Trump’s pull out of Iran N-deal may escalate oil prices

The Syrian official said, “Syria which renews its full solidarity with Iran, as people and leadership, is confident that Iran is able to overcome the repercussions of the US administration’s hostile stance which affects the security of the region and the world.”

Besides, Britain, Germany and France have jointly slammed Trump’s decision to quit Iran nuclear deal. British PM Theresa May expressed “regret and concern” and condemned Trump’s decision in a joint statement with leaders of Germany and France, Angela Markel and Emmanual Macron.

“It is with regret and concern that we, the leaders of France, Germany and the United Kingdom take note of President Trump’s decision to withdraw the United States of America from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.

The statement further said that “Together, we emphasise our continuing commitment to the JCPOA. This agreement remains important for our shared security. We recall that the JCPoA was unanimously endorsed by the UN Security Council in resolution 2231. This resolution remains the binding international legal framework for the resolution of the dispute about the Iranian nuclear programme.”[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Latest world news

Nawaz Sharif, Bilawal Bhutto’s parties strike deal on Pakistan coalition Govt, Shehbaz Sharif to be PM

The PPP co-chairman Asif Zardari, 68, is set to assume the role of the President of Pakistan again.

Published

on

Nawaz Sharif’s Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari’s Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) have agreed on a power-sharing deal to form a new coalition government after days of intense negotiations, as per the senior party leaders.

On Tuesday night, in a joint conference, the PPP Chairman Bhutto announced that PML-N president, 72-year-old Shehbaz Sharif will be the Prime Minister of Pakistan once again and the PPP co-chairman Asif Zardari, 68, is set to assume the role of the President of Pakistan again.

Speaking to reports, Bhutto said the PPP and PML-N have achieved the required number, and now they were in a position to form the government.

He said the former Prime Minister Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party-backed candidates and Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC) could not achieve a simple majority in Parliament to form government in the Centre.

Bilawal hoped that the political alliance with PML-N to form a coalition government would result in a positive market response since the cash-strapped country faced a hung Parliament after the February 8 elections.

Independent candidates, who were supported by the 71-year-old Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party, managed to secure 93 seats in the National Assembly.

Shehbaz Sharif, in his speech, expressed confidence that his PML-N party, along with the PPP, now has the necessary numbers to form the next government. He also thanked the leadership of both parties for successfully concluding the talks.

According to the reports, the former prime minister highlighted the unity between the two political parties and their strong position to form the government at the Centre.

The PML-N secured 75 seats in the election, while the PPP came in third with 54 seats. Additionally, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement Pakistan (MQM-P) has agreed to support the two parties with their 17 seats.

To form a government, a party must win 133 out of 265 contested seats in the 266-member National Assembly or the lower house of Parliament.

Continue Reading

India News

Poland Minister Wladyslaw T Bartoszewski says India is a superpower, should play role in World affairs

The Polish Minister said it is time to take the relations between the the two countries to a higher level. He said India has developed into a phenomenal country and is the 5th largest economy in the world. The minister said the Polish economy has also developed and both the countries have much more to offer each other.

Published

on

Secretary of state at the Foreign Affairs Ministry of Poland Wladyslaw T. Bartoszewski on Monday said that India should play a bigger role in global politics. He said India is a superpower now and hence India should play a role that fits superpower at the global scale. He said the relations between Poland and India have been extremely good. He said they have not had any problems.

The Polish Minister said it is time to take the relations between the the two countries to a higher level. He said India has developed into a phenomenal country and is the 5th largest economy in the world. The minister said the Polish economy has also developed and both the countries have much more to offer each other.

He said the Polish government wants India to play a more active role in World Politics. He said India is the largest democracy in the world and shares values with Poland as to how the world should be organised. The Polish Minister said he is looking to partner with India. He said Poland is looking at potentially creating the India-Central Eastern European Forum to discuss amongst a few countries.

He said there are a lot of topics and Poland wants to partner with India to play its role in the world affairs. Bartoszewski highlighted the remarkable economic growth India has made under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He said Warsaw would like to work in closer co-operation with New Delhi. India and Poland share strong bilateral ties.

After the Ukraine war began, Poland helped in India’s Operation Ganga by aiding in the evacuation of Indian students from the war struck country in 2022.The Polish minister commented on the Russia-Ukraine war which has been going on since the last two years. He said the war will end if immediately if Russian President Vladimir Putin withdraws his forces from neighbouring Ukraine.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

71st Miss World contestants visit Raj Ghat and pay respects to Mahatma Gandhi

The 71st Miss World will take place between February 18 and March 9 which will unfold across various venues, including the Bharat Manadapam in New Delhi. 120 contestants from countries around the world will participate in various competitions and charitable initiatives, serving as ambassadors of change.

Published

on

Miss World contestants, accompanied by Julia Morley, chairman and CEO of the Miss world Organisation, visited the Raj Ghat, also known as the Gandhi memorial, on Monday, where they paid their respects to Mahatma Gandhi. The 71st Miss World participants also visited the Gandhi Museum.

The 71st Miss World will take place between February 18 and March 9 which will unfold across various venues, including the Bharat Manadapam in New Delhi. 120 contestants from countries around the world will participate in various competitions and charitable initiatives, serving as ambassadors of change.

Julia Morley, chairman and CEO of the Miss World Organisation said in a statement that her love of India is no secret and having the 71st Miss World Festival in this country means a lot to her. She thanked Jamil Saidi for his herculean efforts to make the return of the event to India a reality. She said the Miss World Organization has assembled the best team for the 71st edition.

The 71st Miss World will end with a dazzling grand finale at the Jio World Convention Centre in Mumbai. India last hosted the international pageant in 1996. Manushi Chhillar was the most recent Indian to win the pageant, having bagged the crown in 2017. Previously, Reita Faria Powell, Aishwarya Rai, Diana Hayden, Yukta Mookhey, and Priyanka Chopra Jonas have also won the competition.

India is currently hosting Miss World 2024 in Delhi and Mumbai after 28 years. The competition will begin on  Februray 18, with the grand finale scheduled  on March 9, the 71st Miss World Pageant will feature 120 contestants from 120 countries and territories, which includes India and will feature various competitions and charitable initiatives. The 21-day fashion and beauty event will feature a variety of events that will empower young women as change agents and future leaders.  

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com