English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Now Israel want Saudi Crown Prince MBS to visit Tel Aviv

Published

on

Israel-PM-with-minister

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Arab monarchs apprehensive of public ire

In another step forward in Saudi Arabia-Israel relations, the Israel’s Intelligence Minister Yisrael Katz want Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, also known as MBS, to visit Tel Aviv and extend invitation to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for the Kingdom.

This was disclosed by his spokesman Arye Shailcar, who called the proposed visit as a historic trip involving two nations with no official diplomatic ties.

According to AFP report from Jerusalem, the minister’s spokesman Arye Shalicar disclosed that Katz issued the call during an interview with Elaph, a news website run by a Saudi businessman on Wednesday.

However, the website did not carry the invitation call in its online publication. Shalicar could not comment on why, but says Katz had indeed made the comments.

“He said that he asks the king to invite (Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu officially to Riyadh, and he asks MBS, Mohammed bin Salman, the son, to come and visit Israel,” Shalicar says of Katz, who is also transportation minister.

Katz made the call because “he wants regional peace — that’s part of his three-layered program,” his spokesman said, referring to security and economic cooperation leading to eventual peace.

During the Wednesday interview the Israeli Intelligence minister referred to Saudi Arabia as a leader of the Arab world and issued a warning to Lebanon and Hezbollah.  

The Lebanese resistance group has played important role in defeating Daesh (IS) terrorists in Syria and Iraq. Israel and Hezbollah fought a war in 2006, while the group had forced Israel to withdraw its forces from south Lebanon in 2000.

Katz said if Hezbollah initiates a war against Israel, “this time all of Lebanon will be a target.” He further threatened, “What happened in 2006 would be a picnic compared to what could happen… I say Lebanon will return to the stone age.”

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has spoken several times with pride about growing contacts with “moderate Arab states”.

In June, Israel’s defence minister Avigdor Liberman had called for a deal with Arab countries including Saudi Arabia as a pre-requisite for agreement to resolve the Palestinian conflict. Two months back Liberman underlined the need for “a full regional agreement with all moderate Sunni states, including Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.”

Earlier in October, an Israeli official, speaking on condition of anonymity, had confirmed to AFP that a Saudi prince who was widely reported to have visited Israel in September was Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

In Novermber, the Elaph news website also interviewed Israeli military chief of staff Gadi Eisenkot when he announced his country’s readiness to cooperate with Saudi Arabia to face Iran’s plans “to control the Middle East.”

It has been difficult for Saudi monarchs to manage people’s outrage on the Israeli suppressive moves against Palestinians. But at the same time they are told that “Iranian threat” may be countered with Israeli help in the region. There have been reports of Israeli arms and jets being used in bombing campaign against Yemen.

During the ongoing worldwide protests against US President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital, there have been no reports of protests in Saudi Arabia and other GCC countries. The Imams of two grand mosques in Mekkah and Madinah also remained silent on the issue.

On Wednesday, during OIC Extraordinary Summit in Istanbul, especially held to discuss the US President Donald Trump’s Jerusalem move, Saudi Arabia was represented by the minister of religious affairs while 22 heads of states and governments and more than thirty foreign ministers participated in the 57-nation body meet.

The Egyptian government headed by President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has also been maintaining ties with Israel. Cairo and Amman have peace agreement with Israel.

According to New Arab news website report published on Wednesday, the Egyptian President was embarrassed on Al-Azhar’s Grand Imam Ahmed al-Tayeb’s “unilateral” condemnation of Trump’s Jerusalem move. Tayeb and his Christian counterpart had also cancelled their proposed meeting with US Vice President Mike Pence.

Few years back some Arabic language daily published from a European capital carried a survey saying that most Arab people were supportive of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrullah and Iranian leadership for their anti-Israel and anti-US stance. This has made Arab monarchs more apprehensive about people’s response if they openly hug Israeli leadership.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Latest world news

46 dead, 147 wounded in suicide bombing at Peshawar mosque

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 28 people dead and left another150 wounded, reports said.

Published

on

suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 46 people dead and left another 147 wounded, reports said.

As per reports, the attack took place when worshippers gathered inside were offering afternoon prayers in the mosque in the northwestern city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, bordered by Afghanistan.

Police officials said a suicide bomber walked into the mosque where over 260 people were offering afternoon prayers and detonated his explosive vest causing a massive explosion. They said the roof of the mosque collapsed due to the blast and caved in burying many people underneath the debris.

Eyewitnesses said they saw blood-soaked survivors limping away from the blast site.

Reports quoted a police officer, Meena Gul, who survived the blast, as saying that he was inside the mosque when the blast occurred but could not provide details on the number of injured and dead in the attack.

Read Also: Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Gul said he was disoriented and all he could hear was cries and screams after the bombing.

Officials said the wounded are being rushed to local medical facilities where many are stated to be in critical condition, raising fears that the death toll may rise.

No terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack; however, officials suspect this has all the markings of being the handiwork of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a close ally of the Afghan Taliban, who seized power in neighboring Afghanistan in August 2021 as U.S. and NATO troops were in the final stages of their pullout from the country after 20 years of war.

In March 2022, an Islamic State suicide bombing left 64 people dead at a minority Shiite mosque in Peshawar, the country’s deadliest terror attack since 2018.

Uttar Pradesh: Video of men flaunting weapon in moving car goes viral, internet users demand strict action | WATCH

Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 7 days later

Published

on

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 6 days later

During the game of hide and seek, a 15-year-old boy reached another country 3,700 kilometers away. To people’s surprise he was found after 6 days. During this, the family members of the child kept searching for him. The case is of Chittagong, Bangladesh, and from there the missing boy was found in Malaysia after 7 days.

According to reports, 15-year-old Faheem was playing hide and seek with his friends in Chittagong port. Meanwhile, he locked himself inside a shipping container and slept there. By the time he woke up, the container had reached Malaysia. Neither his family members nor the people working there got a clue about this.

But when the container was opened at the port of Malaysia, the people of the authority were shocked. A boy came out of it. During interrogation, it was found that he is from Bangladesh. After which the authorities informed the employees of Chittagong port.

Teen transported from bangladesh to malaysia

Faheem, who went missing on January 11, was found in the port of Malaysia on January 17. According to the Malaysian news agency, Bernama, Malaysia’s Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasyushan Ismail has given a statement regarding this incident. He said that it is believed that the boy had entered the container, then slept there and reached here.

It was told that Faheem remained hungry and thirsty for a whole week in the container. Due to this he had become very weak and he also had fever. After being taken out, he was taken to the nearest hospital for examination.

The police initially suspected that it could be a case of human trafficking, but after contacting the Bangladeshi authority, the truth came to the fore. However, this is not the first case. In October last year, Malaysian police recovered the body of a 15-year-old boy from the container.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Brazil man fakes death to see who gathers at his funeral, family and friends enraged

The man identified as Balthazal Lemos, earlier this month, had shared the false news of his Facebook by sharing a status that read that Balthazar Lemos had parted from the world.

Published

on

An amusing story has come to light from Brazil where a man faked his own death in order to see who will turn up at his funeral. According to reports, the man had spread the fake news about his death to his relatives and friends with the intention to find out who will come.

The incident according to reports started earlier this month but concluded on 18 January after his funeral.

According to reports, the 60 year old man had shared the news of his death on his social media after which even his last rites were conducted. The Brazilian man single-handedly concocted the plan. The man had been conducting last rites ceremony in his career which was the reason why he could solely depend on himself to carry out the plan.

The man identified as Balthazal Lemos, earlier this month, had shared the false news of his Facebook by sharing a status that read that Balthazar Lemos had parted from the world. After Lemos’s post, his family were taken aback by shocking learnings.

After learning about the death of Lemos, his nephews rushed to the hospital to find out what happened that led to his death. However, the situation took an awry turn as the hospital staff denied recollection of Lemos being admitted to the hospital.

The friends of the Brazilian man also chimed in and shared the news and asked for the cause of death, however, no explanation was given out. Instead of telling about the cause of death, the location and time of the funeral was shared, directing the people to attend the funeral ceremony.

At the funeral procession, which was organised in a small chapel at Lemos’ hometown, the friends and family of the man showed up to offer their condolences and bid their last good-byes to the man. However, Lemos’ voice startled the guest as he announced himself to the people which led to many people shedding tears.

Lemos rose up from his coffin bed after opening the gate and stood tall in front of all the guests. The Brazilian man after rising up told the people why he did what he did after which many were agitated by his somewhat harmless joke and accused him of hurting their sentiments.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com