English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Air India flight hits Trichi airport wall on takeoff, lands at Mumbai; all 136 passengers safe



Air India flight hits Trichi airport wall on takeoff, lands at Mumbai; all 136 passengers safe

An Air India flight with 136 passengers on board hit the perimeter wall at Trichy international airport during take-off early on Thursday and had to be diverted to Mumbai.

Air India flight IX-611 took off from the Trichy airport around 1:20 am for Dubai, hit the ATC compound wall at Trichy Airport and was damaged. The flight, however, continued its journey despite damage to the aircraft with the pilots apparently unaware of the incident. No passenger suffered any injury.

An airline statement said that pilots were informed about the aircraft hitting the wall only after they were airborne, who responded that the aircraft systems were operating normally. The crew, however, decided to divert the Boeing 737 aircraft to Mumbai where it landed at 5:20 am, said media reports.

It was later declared fit for operations after inspection at Mumbai airport.

Two of the aircraft wheels hit the airport perimeter wall, which collapsed on impact, said an NDTV report quoting officials.

Later officials found that the plane’s body had tears, cracks and dents that were potentially very dangerous. Broken parts of the plane’s antenna were found on the ground at the Trichy airport, an officer said.

“They scraped the underbelly, had it been a bit lower, that would have been the end,” according to a pilot quoted by NDTV. The pilot quoted was not from the flight.Air India flight hits Trichi airport wall on takeoff, lands at Mumbai; all 136 passengers safe

Air India flight hits Trichi airport wall on takeoff, lands at Mumbai; all 136 passengers safe

In a statement released by Air India, the airline said, “After flight IX 611 from Trichy to Dubai had taken off from Trichy at about 1.30 am today, it was reported by local airport officials at Trichy that they have observed that the aircraft might have come in contact with the airport perimeter wall. The matter was conveyed to the pilot in command. The pilot in command reported that the aircraft systems were operating normally.”

“It was decided to divert the aircraft to Mumbai as a precautionary measure. The flight was diverted to Mumbai and it landed safely at about 5.35 am in Mumbai and taxied on its own power to the parking stand. All 130 passengers and six crew members on board the aircraft were alighted safely. No one suffered any injuries,” it added.

The airline also said that refreshments were served to the passengers at the Mumbai airport following which another aircraft was arranged to continue the flight to Dubai with a fresh team of crew.

“The pilot in command was Capt. D. Ganesh Babu who has a flying experience on the B 737 aircraft of 3600 hours including about 500 hours as Commander. The First Officer was Capt. Anurag who has an experience of about 3,000 hours on the B 737. The two pilots have been de-rostered pending investigation. The matter has been duly reported to the DGCA and the airline is fully cooperating with the investigation,” the airline said.

Minister of Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu has ordered an inquiry into the incident. Both the pilot and co-pilot have been de-rostered pending investigation.

Taking to Twitter, Union Minister Suresh Prabhu said he has spoken to the secretary and other senior officials of the civil aviation department and has ordered a high-level inquiry into the incident. “Air India has constituted a sub-committee and is looking into all safety-related issues within the organisation, including subsidiaries,” he said.

“Directorate general of civil aviation officers are present at the site for preliminary inquiry and officers from the Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau have also been deputed into the case,” he added.

India News

Rahul Gandhi disqualified as Lok Sabha MP after conviction in 2019 defamation case



Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has been disqualified from his membership as a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha after his conviction and subsequent two-year prison sentence in a 2019 defamation case by a court in Gujarat’s Surat city yesterday.

This is a breaking story and more details will follow.

Continue Reading

India News

Amritpal Singh may be headed to Delhi: Reports



Fugitive Khalistani leader Amritpal Singh may be headed for Delhi, a day after his last known location was traced to Haryana, reports quoting sources have claimed.

An NDTV report quoting sources said the security has been heightened across the national capital as its suspected that the notorious ‘Waris Punjab De’ chief may be headed to Delhi after last being spotted in Shahabad in Haryana’s Kurukshetra.

On Sunday, Amritpal Singh and his associate Papalpreet Singh, had stayed at Shahabad home of a woman identified as Baljeet Kaur, who was arrested yesterday, Punjab Police said.

A video with a time stamp of Monday, doing the rounds on the internet yesterday showed the fugitive Sikh preacher dressed in a white shirt and blue jeans, trying to hide his face with an umbrella as he was departing from the Baljeet Kaur’s house in Shahabad.

On Thursday, the Punjab Police arrested Amritpal Singh’s former gunman and notorious associate, Tejinder Singh aka Gorkha Baba.

A report quoted DSP Payal Harsimrat Singh of the Punjab Police as saying that Tejinder Singh, a resident of Punjab’s Mangewal village, was nabbed by the Khanna police.

DSP Harsimrat said Tejinder, who was a gunman for Amritpal Singh for a long period and often lived with the Waris Punjab De chief, is also involved in the Ajnala case. The officer said that Tejinder, also known as Gorkha Baba, was very active on social media and often posts pictures of himself brandishing different weapons due to which he’s wanted in a separate case registered against him at Malaud police station.

The official further said that Tejinder has been booked under sections 107/151 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and two other aides who accompanied him, have also been taken into custody and are being questioned.

A nation-wide crackdown was launched to nab Amritpal Singh after last month, the dreaded Khalistani leader and his supporters armed with swords and guns, stormed a police station in Ajnala on the outskirts of Amritsar city and clashed with police for the release of one of his aides Lovepreet Singh.

Continue Reading

India News

Woman gang-raped, boyfriend assaulted in Virar near Mumbai



Two men allegedly gang-raped a woman and thrashed her boyfriend near a temple in Virar area, near Mumbai, in Maharashtra’s Palghar district, officials said on Thursday.

According to the police, the incident happened at around 5 pm on Wednesday in the forest area near the Jivdani temple in Virar East where the 20-year-old victim and her boyfriend were chatting and sitting alone.

The two accused, identified as 25-year-old Dheeraj Soni and 24-year-old Yash Shinde—both residents of Sainath Nagar locality of Virar, a distant Mumbai suburb—spotted the couple sitting on a hillock near Jivdani temple and tried to extort money from the young lovers after they saw them hugging, said an official.

The official said that the victim’s boyfriend told them he didn’t have any cash on him and instead transferred Rs 500 to the accused men via internet banking, however the men demanded more money and started to beat up the man, adding they also smashed an empty beer bottle on his head.

The accused then stripped the boyfriend naked, tied him to a tree and raped the girl in front of him who could do nothing but helplessly watch the horrific ordeal unfold in front of his eyes.

An official from the Virar police station said the injured boyfriend could not stand up to the attackers as he watched the accused duo take turns raping his girlfriend.

He said that after the brutal rape, the accused men fled the scene with man’s clothes and his mobile father while the petrified rape survivor also fled the spot after she saw her violators departing, leaving her unconscious boyfriend behind.

The injured boyfriend was spotted by locals after he regained consciousness around 6.30 pm and came out of the secluded forest looking for something to cover his naked body. The residents informed the police, who arrived at the spot and took him to a hospital for treatment after which his statement was recorded.

Police team then arrived at his girlfriend’s home where she narrated the horrific ordeal and based on her statement, a case of gang rape, unnatural sex, assault, extortion, threatening against the two accused under sections 376(d), 324, 377, 384, 504, 506 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), was registered against the accused who were then arrested within two hours of the incident, an official said.

Further investigation is underway, he added.

Continue Reading



© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com