English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Balakot terrorist camp reactivated, India’s response may go beyond surgical strike: Gen Rawat

Published

on

Balakot terrorist camp reactivated

Pakistan has reactivated the terrorist training camp at Balakot months after Indian Air Force had destroyed it last February, said Army chief General Bipin Rawat.

He also added that about 500 infiltrators were waiting to enter India.

“Balakot has been reactivated by Pakistan very recently. That shows that Balakot has been affected. It had been damaged and destroyed. And that is why people have got away from there and now it has been reactivated,” he told reporters at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai.

He said the Army was prepared to the challenge and he strongly indicated that India’s response may be similar to that of Balakot or “even beyond”, reported The Hindu. When asked whether there would be a repeat of India’s reaction like in Balakot, he asked: “Why repeat? Why not beyond that? Let them keep guessing.”

India had struck the “biggest training camp” of the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) in Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in February, in retaliation against the Pulwama terror attack in which over 40 CRPF personnel had been killed in a car-bomb explosion. JeM had claimed responsibility for the attack. The IAF strike at Balakot eliminating “a very large number” of JeM terrorists and their trainers.

The training camp is described as being spread over six acres, with enough space to accommodate 600 cadre. The last “passing out” of militant recruits at Balakot, according to intelligence officials, was attended on April 1, 2018, by Mufti Abdul Rauf Asghar, the brother of Jaish founder Maulana Masood Azhar.

Also Read: “Homes in Jammu and Kashmir would have had Gold Roofs if…”: Amit Shah

An Indian Air Force review of its February 26 airstrike on Balakot in Pakistan was reported to have shown that its aircraft hit five of six designated mean point of impact (DMPI) on buildings in the JeM terror training complex.

In the heightened tension with Pakistan after India revoked Jammu and Kashmir’s special status and split it into two union territories, the Army was keeping a tight vigil. “We have pushed in more troops along the western border to prevent infiltration,” said General Rawat and added that western border was unsettled.

On the situation in Kashmir, Gen Rawat said terrorists were trying to create a facade as if there was clampdown in the Valley but normal activities were on. He also said the restrictions would be eased up gradually.

“Shops are open from behind and people are buying things,” he added. He also said, “Brick kilns near Srinagar are functioning, more than 100 truckloads of apples are coming out. Phone lines are working. ”

However, he did not comment on how long the restrictions in Jammu and Kashmir would continue.

India News

Gunshots fired outside Salman Khan’s Galaxy Apartment in Bandra, Mumbai Police investigates

A firing incident took place outside Salman Khan’s home in Bandra today, and investigation is currently underway.

Published

on

Early in the morning, gunshots were heard outside Salman Khan’s Bandra house. An unidentified person fired a gun into the air while riding a bike about five in the morning. Police are currently looking into the matter and conducting searches.

It has been reported that two men fired bullets outside Salman’s Galaxy Aparetment at around 5:00 am. A gunshot fire was found close to the air conditioner mounted on the wall beside it. An investigation has been launched by Mumbai Police to identify the gunman. The forensic team and the crime branch also arrived at the location.

However, there are currently no reports of injuries. The security around Salman Khan’s home has been inxcreased, according to the police. On the other side, the Bandra Police Station has received an official complaint (FIR) against unidentified attackers. DCP has also arrived at the location. Images of the two suspects who opened fire at Salman’s house on the bike appeared. In the images, the two accussed can be seen wearing helmets to prevent identification. Salman’s home has CCTV installed, and the image was taken using it.

This is not the first time that Salman Khan has been attacked or threatened. Several people have threatened to kill him. Gangster Lawrence Bishnoi had planned ahead of time to use his goons to attack the Bollywood actor. The man who was given the idea to kill Salman Khan is none other than Naresh Shetty, the mentor of mobster Kala Jathedi and the most important person in Bishnoi’s gang.

In addition, mobster Sampat Nehra had set up camp in Mumbai for a few days in order to attack Salman Khan. Not only that, but after escaping, infamous mobster Kala Jathedi also made Mumbai his home. At one point or another, all of these mob figures resided in Mumbai’s Vaasi area.

Meanwhile, on the occasion of Eid, Salman Khan frequently waves to his followers from the balcony of his first-floor Galaxy Apartment.

Continue Reading

India News

Lok Sabha elections 2024: BJP releases manifesto Sankalp Patra in presence of PM Modi, focuses on women, poor and youth

The BJP released its manifesto or Sankalp Patra, with tagline Modi ki Guarantee, for the Lok Sabha election 2024

Published

on

At the party headquarters in New Delhi on Sunday, April 14, the Bharatiya Janata Party unveiled their manifesto, or Sankalp Patra, for the Lok Sabha election of 2024, with the slogan Modi ki Guarantee. The manifesto was presented in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, party president JP Nadda, and other senior leaders.

The day marks on the anniversary of the birth of BR Ambedkar, a notable Dalit leader who drafted the Indian Constitution. A 27-member committee to draft the party’s manifesto, led by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, was constituted by the BJP and convened twice to discuss its contents. Ahead of this, the party conducted several campaigns on social media and sent out vans across the nation to get recommendations from the public.

The four pillars of Viksit Bharat—women power, youth power, farmers, and the poor—are the core of the manifesto, according to the prime minister. The PM said that the manifesto emphasizes both the quantity and quality of opportunities, as well as the dignity of life and quality of life.

According to the PM, the government will prioritize installing piped gas in every home and provide free solar-powered electricity.

A five-year extension of the Centre’s free ration system was promised in the manifesto. To stabilize prices and safeguard the plates of the impoverished, the government said it will concentrate on achieving self-sufficiency in the production of vegetables, edible oils, and pulses. It stated that every home will have access to drinking water and that the Ayushman Bharat scheme and the PMAwas Yojana would be increased.

As per the BJP manifesto, farmers would still receive Rs 6,000 in annual support, and the crop insurance program will be strengthened with the use of technology. According to the manifesto, the government will keep raising the minimum support price for crops on a regular basis, establish new clusters for the production of necessities, and construct more storage facilities.

JP Nadda, speaking to the media, outlined the accomplishments of the BJP government during its ten years in office. He restated that the central campaign slogan of the BJP, Modi ki guarantee, is a guarantee that all guarantees will be fulfilled.

Continue Reading

India News

Rameshwaram Cafe blast: Karnataka Home Minister reveals how police inputs helped NIA arrest accused

The blast at the cafe occurred during lunch hour on March 1 at around 1 pm, which left 10 people injured

Published

on

Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara said on Saturday that inquiry teams were attempting to determine whether the two suspects in the Rameshwaram cafe blast who were detained by the NIA had any connections to other terrorist groups. He also praised the state police for their contributions, some of which resulted in their arrest. Meanwhile, the suspects have been placed in 10-day police custody on remand.

The Karnataka police and the NIA have both performed incredibly well. In the beginning, they obtained all of the CCTV footage and monitored one of the accused, which helped in their arrest, he said.

The minister disclosed how the NIA was able to arrest the accused, which was possible because of a tip from the police.

He said the police shared very good inputs with the NIA, like the cap the accused was wearing, which was purchased from Chennai, and the telephone number he had given in the shop.

According to G Parameshwara, the services were also looking for connections between them and other crimes related to terrorism. He said that they might be attempting to flee from West Bengal to Bangladesh, where they were apprehended by the NIA.

He said the team is investigating the real motive behind the blast and their involvement with other terror outfits (ISIS), as these two (accused) are supposed to be involved in the earlier Shivamogga blast and kept running for three to four days ahead of getting arrested in this case, Parameshwara stated.

Since they were apprehended in West Bengal, a state that shares a border with Bangladesh, it’s possible that they wanted to leave the country. However, currently, they don’t have any precise information on this. He continued, They will discover in due course if there is someone assisting from that side (Bangladesh).

Meanwhile, the blast at the cafe occurred during lunch hour on March 1 at around 1 pm, which left 10 people injured. On March 3, the NIA took over the case from the police and announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for any information regarding the two accused.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com