English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Bulandshahr violence: suspicions of conspiracy, but cow slaughter is CM Adityanath’s concern

Published

on

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) OP Singh said the police suspect a conspiracy behind Monday’s mob violence in Bulandshahr over cow slaughter when a nearly-400 strong mob attacked the police force and two people, including Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh, were killed.

The police had booked Bajrang Dal district chief Yogesh Raj, BJP youth wing member Shikhar Agrawal, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) member Upendra Raghav among as 27 people in two FIRs, while cases have been lodged against 50 to 60 unidentified people, the police said. So far, four arrests have been made.

Today (Wednesday, Dec 5) reports said a district court remanded three persons into judicial custody for 14 days  in connection with the killing of Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh and a 20-year-old man Sumit in yesterday’s Bulandshahr violence. However, the main accused Yogesh Raj, who is said to be a Bajrang Dal activist is still on run. It has been reported that Raj led the violent mob which allegedly attacked the police team and killed Inspector Singh.

Chief minister Yogi Adityanath held a late night security review yesterday, but kept the focus firmly on cow slaughter. A government statement on the meeting last night indicates he ordered officers to speed up arrests for cow slaughter but there was not a word about the cop’s murder.

“The incident is part of a bigger conspiracy, and hence all those directly or indirectly related to cow slaughter should be arrested in a time-bound manner,” the official statement said.

After he was criticised for lopsided, weird priorities, a second statement put out this morning said Yogi Adityanath would meet the family of the policeman.

According to the opposition, Adityanath seems to be more concerned about catching cow slaughterers than the killers of a policeman.

Also, Adityanath announced a Rs 10-lakh financial assistance to the family members of the youth Sumit Kumar who was killed in the violence. He is reported to be named among the accused in mob violence.

For the meeting in Lucknow, chief minister Yogi Adityanath flew down from his home-base Gorakhpur, where he attended a sound and light show on Monday night and a kabaddi tournament on Tuesday.

This morning, the chief minister flew out of the state again to perform his other role as the BJP’s headline campaigner in state polls. He has three rallies in Telangana, which will vote on Friday along with Rajasthan.

Two cases were filed after the Monday incident – one on the murders and the other on cow slaughter.

Yogesh Raj, the main accused in the mob-killing and an activist of the right-wing group Bajrang Dal, is the complainant in the cow killing case and he is “missing”.

He had named seven people from a village near the spot where the dead cows were found. Two of them are boys, 11 and 12 years old, and four others appear to be fake names. The children were forced to spend hours in a police station last evening. “The cops brought us to the police station and kept us there for four hours. They took the names of the boys and took my phone number. I was told we would be called again if required,” said the father of one of the boys. The boys were not questioned or even detained, according to media reports.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1544016677996{border-top-width: 10px !important;border-right-width: 10px !important;border-bottom-width: 10px !important;border-left-width: 10px !important;padding-top: 10px !important;padding-right: 10px !important;padding-bottom: 10px !important;padding-left: 10px !important;background-color: #d6d6d6 !important;border-radius: 10px !important;}”]Uttar Pradesh has reported 11 cases of violence related to cow vigilantism since the BJP government of Yogi Adityanath took oath in March 2017. The state has reported a total of 16 such incidents since 2012 with nine deaths. The country witnessed 97 recorded cases of violence over cow protection with 39 deaths.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Initial investigation by Uttar Pradesh police as well as eyewitness accounts from the spot, where a police officer and a civilian were killed on Monday, 3 December, in Bulandshahr, hint at an organised attempt at fuelling communal tension in the area.

There were conflicting claims on who discovered the “carcasses” — and the nature of what was found in the first place.

Raj, the absconding main accused in cop’s murder, claimed he and his associates saw “seven people slaughtering cows”.

However, the neighbour of the man on whose field the “carcasses” were found said farm workers had first flagged them.

Prem Jeet Singh (45), also a former pradhan, said: “My land is next to Rajkumar’s (plot) and he was informed by labourers working on the field about the incident. I went with him to the spot. It started with four or five villagers expressing their anger but later the crowd burgeoned.”

The sequence of events that led to rioting and violence in Bulandshahr all raise questions that still remain unanswered, reported TheQuint.

  1. Why Were Carcasses of Cows Hung in an Open Field?

 

Tehsildar Rajkumar Bhaskar, one of the first administrative officers to reach the spot in Mahaw village, told News18 that head and skin of a dead cow was hung in a sugarcane field. He pointed out that anyone who is involved in cow slaughtering will not publicly display a cow carcass, knowing the situation in the state where incidents of mob lynchings in the name of cow vigilantism have taken place.

  1. How Did a Mob of 300-500 People Gather so Quickly?

The tehsildar, while speaking with the news channel, said that as soon as the news of the dead meat spread, a large crowd consisting of members from different Hindu outfits, including the Bajrang Dal, gathered at the spot. The crowd then loaded the dead body of the cow in a tractor and headed towards the Bulandhshahr-Garhmukteshwar State Highway to protest.

  1. Location and Timing of the Incident Fuels Suspicion

The clashes broke out on the last day of a three-day congregation of Muslims – Tablighi Ijtema – in Bulandshahr. Around 10 lakh devotees, who were said to have attended the gathering, were supposed to take the same state highway where the protestors took the carcasses.

Almost a hundred men in tractors reportedly reached the Chingravati police post on the highway, where the crowd multiplied in size. Although the police tried to reason with the crowd, trying to calm them down, the mob refused to budge.

  1. Slain Officer Was Investigating Dadri Lynching Case

Siyana SHO Subodh Kumar, who was shot dead while trying to pacify the crowd at the Chingravati police chowk, was an investigating officer in the mob lynching of Md Akhlaq in Dadri from 28 September 2015 till 9 November 2015. However, the charge sheet was filed in the case by a different investigating officer in March 2016. Kumar played a key role in giving the meat samples in the case to forensic lab, DNA reported.

According to the News18 report, several police officers who were present at the spot, said the mob did not allow the injured SHO to be taken to the hospital.

The police told News18 that the SHO and the accompanying policemen were cornered by the mob. They added that an initial round of firing in the air fuelled the anger of the crowd further.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

India News

RSS not seeking political power, focused on uniting Hindu society, says Mohan Bhagwat

RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said the organisation is not seeking political power but is focused on uniting Hindu society and promoting character-building during an interaction with athletes in Meerut.

Published

on

Mohan Bhagwat

Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Friday said the organisation is not driven by any ambition for political power and is instead dedicated to uniting Hindu society and building individual character.

He made the remarks while interacting with nearly 950 national and international sportspersons at Madhav Kunj in Shatabdi Nagar, Meerut, as part of the RSS centenary outreach initiatives. According to participants present at the event, Bhagwat spoke for about 50 minutes and stressed the importance of social harmony and collective responsibility in nation-building.

Quoting Bhagwat, a participant said the RSS’ “sole objective is the organisation of the entire Hindu society and character-building of individuals,” adding that the organisation does not function in opposition to or competition with any specific group.

Emphasis on unity and cultural roots

Explaining his idea of India, Bhagwat said the nation goes beyond geographical boundaries and draws inspiration from figures such as Lord Ram, Lord Krishna, Lord Buddha, Lord Mahavira, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Dayanand and Mahatma Gandhi, participants said.

He reportedly stated that the term “Hindu” reflects unity in diversity rather than caste identity. Differences in modes of worship and deities, he said, do not weaken society as long as cultural harmony is preserved. He added that whenever social unity declined, the country faced crises.

The RSS chief outlined four foundational pillars of society — value inculcation, Sanatan culture, the spirit of dharma and adherence to truth — reiterating that the Sangh’s mission centres on strengthening society through individual development. Volunteers, he said, are active across various spheres of social life and prioritise national interest.

Sports as a tool for nation-building

Addressing the athletes, Bhagwat described sports as a powerful medium for bringing people together. He said nation-building is not the responsibility of any single organisation but of society as a whole.

Referring to Meerut’s historic role in the First War of Independence in 1857, he said the legacy later inspired Keshav Baliram Hedgewar to establish the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh in 1925.

Bhagwat also shared five guiding principles for those interested in associating with the RSS — understanding the organisation from within, engaging with its affiliated bodies, supporting its programmes, maintaining dialogue and working selflessly for the nation. He also answered questions from athletes during the session.

Outreach events in Uttar Pradesh

Bhagwat is currently on a tour of Uttar Pradesh. Earlier, he attended a two-day outreach event in Lucknow on February 17 and 18 and had also visited Gorakhpur. During his stay in Lucknow, he briefly met Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, while both deputy chief ministers called on him before he left for Meerut.

Arjuna Award-winning wrestler Alka Tomar described the programme as grand and praised the organisational efforts of RSS volunteers. She said sportspersons must contribute to nation-building and appreciated Bhagwat’s emphasis on working in the national interest.

Para Cricket Club of India player Surya Pratap Mishra of Bareilly, selected for a Sri Lanka tour, said Bhagwat assured support for para athletes to help them enhance the country’s pride. Kabaddi coach Pintu Malik from Shukratal in Muzaffarnagar termed the interaction inspiring, especially the message that players should support one another.

Bhagwat reached Meerut on Thursday night and held breakfast discussions on Friday with representatives from the sports and industry sectors. On Saturday, he is scheduled to interact with members of the intelligentsia, including representatives from education, industry, medicine, literature, art and trade. Entry to the event is restricted to invitees with passes issued by the RSS headquarters.

Continue Reading

India News

BJP MLA Vungzagin Valte dies after prolonged battle with injuries from Manipur violence

Manipur BJP MLA Vungzagin Valte has died in Gurugram nearly two years after suffering severe injuries in the 2023 ethnic violence in Imphal.

Published

on

BJP MLA (1)

Manipur BJP MLA Vungzagin Valte, who had been battling severe injuries sustained during the outbreak of ethnic violence in May 2023, died at a hospital in Haryana’s Gurugram on Thursday.

Valte, a representative from the Thanlon assembly constituency in Churachandpur district, was attacked in Imphal when tensions between Meitei and Kuki-Zomi communities escalated into widespread clashes. The assault left him with critical head injuries that significantly affected his mobility and speech.

Long medical struggle after 2023 attack

Following the attack on May 4, 2023, Valte was admitted to a hospital in Delhi, where he spent several months in intensive care. According to his family, he suffered debilitating head trauma that left him wheelchair-bound and dependent on assistance for routine physical movements.

Despite prolonged treatment in the national capital for nearly two years, his health remained fragile. He later returned to Manipur, but complications linked to the injuries persisted.

Earlier this month, Valte complained of breathlessness and chest pain, prompting doctors to stabilise him in intensive care before he was flown to Delhi in an air ambulance on February 8. His condition had reportedly shown slight improvement before the transfer.

Family alleges role of Arambai Tenggol

Valte’s family had alleged that members of the Meitei group Arambai Tenggol were responsible for the attack in 2023. His son, David Mang Valte, had earlier stated that the MLA was assaulted while returning after meeting the then Chief Minister amid the communal crisis involving Kuki, Meitei and Zomi communities.

Valte belonged to the Zomi tribe and was serving as a BJP legislator from Thanlon at the time of his death.

Condolences pour in

Several political leaders expressed grief over his passing. Two-time MLA T Robindro Singh said his last meeting with Valte at Imphal Airport before he was airlifted for advanced treatment remains “deeply emotional and unforgettable.” He described Valte as a kind-hearted and humble leader who was always concerned about the welfare of the people.

Valte’s death marks the end of a prolonged and painful chapter that began with the outbreak of ethnic unrest in Manipur in 2023.

Continue Reading

India News

Amit Shah launches Rs 6,900 crore Vibrant Village Programme-II in Assam

Amit Shah has launched the Rs 6,900 crore Vibrant Village Programme-II in Assam to develop 140 villages along the Bangladesh border with improved infrastructure and employment opportunities.

Published

on

Amit Shah

Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday launched the second phase of the Vibrant Village Programme in Assam, announcing a Rs 6,900-crore investment aimed at strengthening development in border areas.

The initiative seeks to transform 140 villages along the Bangladesh border in Assam into centres of modern education, employment and infrastructure. Shah formally inaugurated the programme at Natanpur village in the Barak Valley region of the state.

Focus on education, jobs and infrastructure

Addressing the gathering, Shah said the programme would ensure that border villages receive facilities on par with other parts of the country. He credited Prime Minister Narendra Modi for prioritising development in these regions.

“Today, we are officially beginning the Vibrant Village Programme-II, and through this, we will bring development to bordering villages and facilities like any other place across the country. This has been possible because of Prime Minister Narendra Modi,” Shah said.

He added that Natanpur would not be known merely for its proximity to the border but for excelling in education, employment generation, road connectivity, telecommunications and electricity.

Coverage across 17 states

According to Shah, the Centre has earmarked Rs 6,900 crore under Vibrant Village Programme-II to develop 334 blocks and 1,954 villages across 17 states.

In Assam alone, nine districts, 26 blocks and 140 villages have been identified under the scheme. Shah said all amenities in these villages would match those available in other villages across India.

“There was a time when border villages were called the last villages and lacked many amenities, but Prime Minister Narendra Modi decided that all border villages will be the first villages. Now these villages will be first in road, sanitation, drinking water, communications, employment and education,” he said.

The programme aims to strengthen infrastructure and socio-economic conditions in border areas, particularly those along the Bangladesh frontier in Assam.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com