English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Gaganyaan: ISRO successfully launches first flight test, after calling off first attempt

According to S Somnath, the chief of Isro, something caused the computer to delay the launch. They will manually analyse the anomaly, he said.

Published

on

Gaganyaan launch

TV-D1 (Test Vehicle Development Flight 1) of the Gaganyaan Mission was declared successful on Saturday by S Somanath, Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). The test vehicle encountered an engine ignition issue at 8:45 am IST, but it was launched on the second try. Launch of the first unmanned test flight (TV-D1 Flight Test) was momentarily aborted by ISRO. Afterwards, it stated that the faults had been found and fixed, and the second launch was planned for this morning at 10:00 IST.

With only five seconds remaining, the computer that had assumed control of the launch order cancelled the launch while the Indian space agency announced that it would investigate the problem and determine what was unusual.

According to S Somnath, the chief of Isro, something caused the computer to delay the launch. They will manually analyse the anomaly, he said.

Isro said that the launch will happen at 10:00 am after identifying the problems.

At the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, weather-related delays caused the test launch to be postponed earlier in the morning. All appeared OK, though, when the automated launch procedure started and the onboard computer assumed control of the operation.

The engine did not ignite. They need to ascertain what went wrong. In the broadcast, Somanath said, the vehicle is safe.

The liquid-propelled, one-stage Test Vehicle (TV-D1) was scheduled to take off on a brief but significant mission with the Crew Escape System, an indigenous device that would prove vital to the Indian astronauts’ safety.

The purpose of the test was to validate the motors that will be utilised on this mission: jettisoning motors, which are intended to be employed in the event of an emergency to safely remove astronauts from the vehicle, high-altitude motors, and low-altitude motors.

If the computer detects a fatal issue, the Crew Escape System will be tasked with evacuating the Crew Module with the astronauts inside to a safe distance, away from the rocket. After that, the Crew Module will split apart and use its parachutes to help it splash down in the ocean.

The escape system is based on existing types that are presently being used on SpaceX and NASA rockets as backup plans in case astronauts are launched into space.

India News

PayTm share price slips 2 per cent over SEBI warning

Published

on

Paytm

The share price of PayTm fell by nearly 2 per cent on Tuesday following a warning from the the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).

PayTm’s parent One 97 Communication had got SEBI’s administrative warning letter on some transactions involving the PayTm Payments Bank during fiscal year 2021-2022. The bourses reacted strongly leading to PayTm shares falling by 1.88% to Rs 460.80 per share on the Bombay Stock Exchange.

SEBI said it had noted the violation with concern and said these matters are being viewed very seriously. The regulator warned the company to exercise caution going forward and improve compliance to rules to prevent similar incidents in the future.

The markets regulator added that failure to comply with rules may force it to invoke enforcement actions as per the law.

In its response to SEBI, PayTm said in a media release that it has always followed listing regulations, as well as any change to these rules over time. The company said it would keep up its commitment to maintain and follow high standards of compliance. Paytm said it intends to provide an adequate response to SEBI on this matter.

PayTm said it has always followed Regulation 23 along with Regulation 4(1)(h) of the SEBI Listing Regulations, without including any change made to these rules over time. Paytm added that the letter from  SEBI has no influence on its finances, operations or other activities in any way.

Continue Reading

India News

VIP Party Chief Mukesh Sahani’s father found murdered in Bihar

Published

on

In a shocking incident that has shaken Bihar’s Darbhanga district, Jitan Sahani, the father of Vikassheel Insaan Party (VIP) leader Mukesh Sahani, was discovered brutally murdered at their ancestral home. His gravely damaged body was found on his bed this morning, prompting immediate police action.

Authorities, led by senior officer Jagannath Reddy, have launched a Special Investigation Team to probe the heinous crime. Initial assessments suggest the possibility of a robbery gone awry or personal enmity leading to the tragic demise of the former Bihar minister.

The incident has sent shockwaves through the community, with local residents expressing deep concern over the safety situation. The VIP party, known for its significant support among the OBC community and currently aligned with the RJD and Congress in the Opposition bloc, has been thrust into mourning.

Opposition parties, particularly the RJD, have vehemently criticized the state government under Nitish Kumar for failing to maintain law and order. RJD spokesperson Shakti Yadav condemned the incident, questioning the government’s ability to protect its citizens.

In response, Deputy Chief Minister Samrat Choudhary assured swift and strict action against the perpetrators. “The government stands firmly with Mukesh Sahani ji’s family during this tragic time,” he stated.

Meanwhile, Union Minister Chirag Paswan of LJP offered condolences and pledged to expedite the identification and arrest of the culprits. “Justice will be served,” he affirmed.

As investigations unfold, the people of Darbhanga await answers and justice for the senseless murder that has gripped their community.

Continue Reading

India News

Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma says only 8 people applied for citizenship under CAA

Addressing a press conference at the Lok Sewa Bhawan in Guwahati, Sarma said that out of these applicants, only two have attended interviews with relevant authorities.

Published

on

Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday said that only eight people have applied for citizenship under the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) from the state so far.

Addressing a press conference at the Lok Sewa Bhawan in Guwahati, Sarma said that out of these applicants, only two have attended interviews with relevant authorities.

The Assam CM further said that the State conducted outreach programmes in the Barak valley and approached many Hindu Bengali families and asked them to apply for citizenship under CAA. However, they refused to do so saying that they would prefer fighting their cases at the Foreigners Tribunal (FT), Sarma added.

Foreign Tribunals (FT), quasi-judicial bodies exclusive to Assam, are authorised to decide the nationality issue of doubtful citizens, he asserted. Sarma also claimed that most of the Hindu-Bengali families, who were not included in the final draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC), told him that they possessed the necessary documents to prove their Indian citizenship and preferred the FT route rather than applying for through the CAA.

When asked whether the Assam government is dropping cases in Foreigners Tribunals (FT) against Hindu-Bengalis, Sarma termed it misleading. He said the State cannot drop any case. The government is simply advising that before initiating a case, individuals should apply through the CAA portal. Even if a case is filed, there won’t be any outcome because these people are eligible for citizenship, Assam CM emphasised.

CM also assured that he is going to request the Advocate General to flag the issue of CAA so that FTs can give time to people whose cases are going on to apply for citizenship under the newly implemented law.

He added that the government cannot give a direction to the court to pause while deciding the citizenship cases. The FT judges themselves have to decide and they know the latest situation, Sarma said.

He also explained why there was a low number of applications in CAA, saying the Opposition myth that 15-20 lakh Bangladeshis will get citizenship in Assam has been busted completely.

The Chief Minister said that during the anti-CAA movement, five Assamese youths lost their lives. So they made the sacrifice to prevent only these eight people, he asked. This abysmally low number of eight applications, of which only two turned up for interview, is a bit surprising for us also, he said.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com