English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Pak alerts Gilgit-Baltistan of India’s alleged secret plan to hit CPEC

Published

on

Pak alerts Gilgit-Baltistan of India’s alleged secret plan to hit CPEC

Interior Ministry say India has sent 400 Muslim youth to Afghanistan for terror training

Continuing its anti-India propaganda, Pakistan’s Interior Ministry has informed Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) government in the disputed PoK territory that India has made a plan to attack the installations of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) to sabotage the multi-billion project.

Dawn reports quoting unnamed sources on Monday that the interior ministry has issued directives to the local government for making foolproof security arrange­­ments to avoid any untoward incident.

The official source said that the letter No 221/Is2018  dated January 28 “claimed that India had sent 400 Muslim youngsters to Afghanistan for receiving training to be able to carry out attacks on the CEPC installations, including bridges at Karakoram Highway (KKH) and other important points on the CPEC route.”Jammu & Kashmir

The home department had received a letter from the federal interior ministry recently warning of possible terrorist attacks on the CPEC route.

The report further says that after getting Interior Ministry’s communication, the GB government has enhanced security on the CPEC route, including two dozen bridges built on KKH from Khunjerab Pass to Diamer district.

Senior officials including GB Home Secretary Jawad Akram, Inspector General of Police Sabir Ahmed along with intelligence officials have visited Diamer district on Saturday to review security arrangements.

Sabir Ahmed said that KKH bridges on CPEC route had been declared sensitive and security officials are alerted to keep an eye at all entry points to the district.

He said that the movements of foreign nationals in the region would be monitored and their credentials would be verified. “Suspected persons in the region will be detained under the Fourth Schedule,” he said.

In January last year, the Gilgit Baltistan police had claimed to have foiled an alleged RAW plan to sabotage projects related to CPEC and generate anti-Pakistan feelings in the region. They claimed that 12 suspected persons had received funds from RAW and prepared a plan to sabotage the multi-billion mega project.

The Karakoram Highway, also known as China-Pakistan Friendship Highway, is a 1300 km long national highway which extends from Hasan Abdal in Pakistan’s Punjab province to the Khunjerab Pass in Gilgit Baltistan, where it crosses into China’s Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region and becomes China National Highway 314. The highest paved road in the world is also referred to as the Eighth Wonder of the World.

GILGIT-BALITISTAN DISTRICSGilgit-Baltistan was part of the five regions of the formerly princely state of Jammu and Kashmir. Under the Maharaja It was known as the state of Kashmir and Jammu. The  five regions were: Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit Wazarat, and Gilgit Agency.

With changing equations in the early 20th century after the establishment of the Union of Soviet States of Russia (USSR) in 1917, the British took Gilgit Agency on a 60-year-lease from the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir in 1935.

British returned the Gilgit Agency to the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir, 15 days after India attained independence. It was again merged with Jammu and Kashmir under the direct rule of Maharaja as a legal part of the state.

Maharaja Hari Singh signed the Instrument of Accession with India on October 31 in 1947.

India did not participate One Belt One Road summit held in May last year in Beijing citing objection that CPEC passes through parts of the erstwhile Jammu and Kashmir state that it claims as its territory.

India News

Bokaro Steel Plant CGM arrested after CISF action leaves one dead, political outrage sparks demand for probe

A protest at Bokaro Steel Plant over employment demands turned tragic after a fatal lathi charge. The plant’s CGM was arrested and compensation has been announced.

Published

on

Jharkhand protest

A senior official of Jharkhand’s Bokaro Steel Plant was arrested after a protest demanding employment turned tragic on Thursday, leaving one dead.

The incident occurred when CISF personnel, responsible for plant security, allegedly resorted to a lathi charge to disperse the demonstrators from the ‘BSL Visthapit Apprentice Sangh’.

The deceased, a 26-year-old man, succumbed to injuries sustained during the clash near the administrative building of the plant. The protestors had gathered to press for employment opportunities for displaced individuals.

CGM held accountable, ex-gratia compensation announced

Following the fatal incident, Bokaro Deputy Commissioner Jadhav Vijaya Narayan Rao held the Chief General Manager (CGM) of the plant responsible for the death. The CGM was subsequently arrested, as confirmed by an official statement from the district administration.

In response to the public outrage, Bokaro Steel Plant announced an ex-gratia compensation of Rs 20 lakh for the family of the deceased. Additionally, a promise of employment for one of the family members has also been made.

Clashes during protest turn violent

According to police, the demonstration was organized under the banner of ‘BSL Visthapit Apprentice Sangh’ near the plant’s administrative office. The protest was initially peaceful, demanding employment assurances. However, tensions escalated when the CISF, allegedly trying to disperse the crowd, used batons on the agitators.

A CISF official stated that some personnel were injured after being attacked with stones and sticks by protestors. Four CISF members reportedly sustained injuries during the confrontation.

Political parties demand action and probe

The incident has sparked political outrage across the state. On Friday, members of political outfits like the AJSU Party and JLKM held demonstrations in Bokaro condemning the lathi charge. Jharkhand BJP President Babulal Marandi demanded a detailed inquiry into the matter and urged the state government to take stringent action against the Bokaro administration and BSL management.

Continue Reading

India News

AIIMS theft case cracked: Woman posed as doctor to steal jewellery, arrested in Ghaziabad

A 43-year-old woman from Ghaziabad has been arrested for posing as a doctor and stealing jewellery from AIIMS hostel rooms. CCTV and scooter tracking led to her arrest.

Published

on

AIIMS theft case

Delhi Police have arrested a 43-year-old woman from Ghaziabad who allegedly posed as a doctor to steal jewellery and cash from rooms in the AIIMS women doctors’ hostel. The arrest followed the investigation of a March 27 theft complaint lodged by a woman doctor at the premier hospital.

The complainant reported that several valuables were missing from her room, including two gold chains, a gold ring, a pair of earrings, a bracelet, Rs 4,500 in cash and 522 Malaysian ringgits, approximately Rs 10,000 in value. The police launched a probe and registered an FIR.

Caught on CCTV, tracked by scooter registration

During the investigation, police scanned footage from nearly 100 CCTV cameras around the AIIMS premises. A woman in a doctor’s white coat was spotted moving through hostel corridors, attempting to open multiple room doors while most residents were away at work. Surveillance footage also showed her arriving and leaving the hospital compound on a scooter.

By tracking the scooter’s registration number, police traced the accused to Brij Vihar in Ghaziabad, where she was taken into custody.

Lab technician turned thief

According to police, the woman is a science graduate with a diploma in medical lab technology and previously worked as a lab assistant at a private hospital. During questioning, she admitted to having a deep love for jewellery, which she could never afford. This obsession, she said, eventually led her to theft.

She told investigators that she observed women doctors at AIIMS often left their hostel rooms unlocked, making it easier for her to commit the thefts. To avoid suspicion, she wore a doctor’s coat while entering the premises, blending in seamlessly with hospital staff.

Continue Reading

India News

Suresh Gopi backs Waqf Bill amid land row in Kerala, calls it beneficial for Munambam residents

Union Minister Suresh Gopi supports the Waqf Bill citing benefits for Munambam residents, but lashes out at media over questions related to a recent priest attack in Jabalpur.

Published

on

Suresh Gopi

Union Minister Suresh Gopi strongly defended the Waqf (Amendment) Bill on Friday, asserting that the new legal changes would help people in Munambam, Kerala, who have been disadvantaged due to existing Waqf land claims. Speaking in Kochi, he criticised both the Congress and CPM, remarking, “Some people claimed the Waqf Bill would be thrown into the bin in the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC). Let’s see how it pans out.”

He insisted that the amended law would correct past injustices and benefit local residents who’ve been entangled in ownership disputes involving the Waqf Board.

Heated response on Jabalpur priest attack

Gopi, however, grew visibly agitated when questioned about the recent attack on Malayali priests in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Reacting sharply, he said, “Go ahead and do a post-mortem of my tongue, but don’t dissect my mind.” He compared the incident to past controversies involving Christian leaders in Pala, Kerala, and questioned the media’s line of inquiry, stating, “Who are you? Whom are you questioning? Be very careful while speaking.”

His remarks came as reporters pressed for a response to the assault on Christian priests and community members in Jabalpur.

George Kurien demands justice for Munambam

Meanwhile, Minister of State for Minority Affairs George Kurien voiced strong support for the residents of Munambam during a Rajya Sabha discussion on the Bill. He demanded that the Waqf Board produce legal documents to justify its claim over land in Munambam and asserted that ownership must be restored to rightful holders.

Kurien emphasized that “any provision of law that contradicts the Indian Constitution must be amended,” and said that the rights of all religious minorities must be protected. He also accused opposition leaders of trying to mislead the Muslim community in Kerala, whom he described as “gentle and pious.”

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com