English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

PM Modi says change in government certain in Chhattisgarh

According to PM Modi, the second Parivartan Yatra was launched from Jashpur in north Chhattisgarh on September 15 while the first one left Dantewada in south Chhattisgarh on September 12.

Published

on

PM Modi

On Saturday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the closing ceremony of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) two Parivartan Yatras in Bilaspur. This is PM Modi’s third trip to the state, which is governed by the Congress and will host assembly elections later this year.

The Prime Minister attacked the Bhupesh Baghel-led governance during a public rally by claiming that Chhattisgarh is steeped in corruption and misrule. Every plan of the Congress government contains a fraud.

According to PM Modi, the second Parivartan Yatra was launched from Jashpur in north Chhattisgarh on September 15 while the first one left Dantewada in south Chhattisgarh on September 12.

Before reaching their conclusion in Bilaspur, both yatras covered a distance of more than 3,000 km over 87 assembly segments (out of the total 90), he said, and included 83 Swagat Sabhas (welcome gatherings), four roadshows, and several public meetings.

The Maoist-affected districts of Bijapur, Sukma, and Antagarh are not on the schedule, although residents from these districts participated in the yatra when it went through their neighbouring districts.

The party officials and employees spirits were unaffected by the rain, he said, and they joyfully took part in the two yatras, which attracted a large number of people.

According to Sao, who expressed confidence that the Congress will be defeated in the 2019 elections, the two yatras, in which almost 50 lakh people participated, have converted the tide of change into a storm.

The program’s location has been heavily fortified with security, according to the police. There will be a total of 1,500 security personnel deployed, including police officers, members of the Special Protection Group (SPG), members of the Chhattisgarh Armed Force, and members of the National Security Guard (NSG).

According to a police, a three-kilometer radius around the city has been designated a no-fly zone, and anti-drone weaponry have also been deployed in anticipation of the PM’s visit.

The Congress gave the BJP, which had been in power for 15 years under Raman Singh, a crushing loss in the 2018 assembly elections. The BJP had only won 15 seats, while the Congress had won 68. There are 71 seats in the current Congress.

India News

Government ropes in Meta, Google, and Telegram to prevent leaks ahead of NEET-UG re-exam

In a bid to ensure a fair and secure NEET-UG re-examination, the central government has partnered with tech giants like Meta, Google, and Telegram to actively eliminate fake online channels and misinformation networks before the June 21 test.

Published

on

The central government has initiated a collaborative effort with major social media giants, including Meta, Google, and Telegram, to counter the spread of misinformation and secure the upcoming NEET-UG re-examination. Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan chaired a high-level review meeting alongside central security and intelligence agencies to establish a foolproof security framework for the medical entrance test.

During the discussions, authorities raised serious concerns over the proliferation of fake paper-leak claims, clickbait content, and unverified information circulated via anonymous online groups and automated bots. Inputs from intelligence agencies revealed that multiple suspicious channels operate through a restricted set of phone numbers, pointing toward a coordinated effort to create panic among students and parents.

Focused crackdown on fraudulent networks

To address these vulnerabilities early, the Union Education Minister directed law enforcement and tech platforms to proactively identify, block, and take down channels spreading propaganda before the examination commences. The minister emphasized that social media platforms must work in sync with the Ministry of Education, the National Testing Agency (NTA), and security agencies to safeguard candidates from misleading narratives.

The high-level meeting, which included the director general of the NTA and senior ministry officials, aimed to map out potential security risks in advance to deploy preventive and corrective measures. Maintaining public trust in the examination process remains a top government priority.

The development follows the recent cancellation of the NEET-UG 2026 exam originally held on May 3, which is currently being investigated by the CBI over paper-leak allegations. The re-test is officially scheduled to take place on June 21.

Continue Reading

India News

Tamil Nadu cabinet expansion: 23 new ministers, including 2 Congress MLAs, to take oath

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Joseph Vijay is set to expand his Council of Ministers today with the induction of 23 MLAs, including 21 from the TVK and two from the Congress.

Published

on

In a major political development, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Joseph Vijay is expanding his Council of Ministers today by inducting 23 new MLAs. The expansion reflects a significant consolidation of the ruling alliance, bringing representation from key partner parties into the government.

Diverse representation in the new team

The incoming cohort of ministers consists of 21 lawmakers from Chief Minister Vijay’s party, the Tamilaga Vettri Kazhagam (TVK), alongside 2 legislators from the allied Congress party. Media reports indicate that the expansion aims to reinforce unity among alliance partners, with further representation expected for other regional allies to balance regional and political administration. The official swearing-in ceremony for all 23 nominees is scheduled to take place today in Chennai.

Continue Reading

India News

Melody runs out of stock on quick-commerce apps as viral PM Modi-Meloni video triggers candy frenzy

A casual diplomatic gift has triggered an unprecedented consumer rush, leaving quick-commerce apps like Blinkit, Zepto, and Instamart completely out of stock of the iconic Melody candy.

Published

on

A simple packet of the classic chocolate-and-caramel toffee Melody has unexpectedly gone viral after a light-hearted diplomatic moment between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni triggered a wave of online buzz and consumer interest in India.

Viral Modi-Meloni moment drives internet frenzy

The trend began after a video of PM Narendra Modi gifting a packet of Parle Melody to Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni during his visit gained traction on social media. The clip shows the two leaders sharing a warm and informal exchange, which quickly caught the attention of users online.

Meloni’s positive reaction in the video and the friendly interaction between the two leaders helped fuel the popularity of the moment, which users soon began referring to as part of the “Melodi” meme trend.

Melody demand spikes on quick-commerce platforms

Following the viral spread of the video, demand for Melody toffees reportedly surged across India. Users on social media began sharing screenshots showing the candy listed as out of stock on quick-commerce platforms such as Blinkit and Zepto in several locations.

The sudden spike in interest led to widespread discussion online, with many users humorously linking the diplomatic moment to the sudden shortage of the nostalgic candy.

‘Melodi’ meme trend returns

Beyond the retail impact, the interaction once again revived the popular “Melodi” meme trend on social media. Users flooded platforms with memes, edits, and humorous posts referencing the friendly exchange between the two leaders.

The trend highlights how light-hearted diplomatic moments can quickly evolve into viral cultural phenomena in the digital age.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com