English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Shaheen Bagh protesters marching towards Amit Shah’s residence turn back

Protesters from Shaheen Bagh, mostly women who have been on a sit-in demonstrations for the last two months to show their dissent against the Citizenship Amendment Act are marching towards the residence of Union home minister Amit Shah to discuss the contentious law.

Published

on

Shaheen Bagh Protesters

Protesters from Shaheen Bagh, mostly women on a sit-in demonstrations for the last two months to show their dissent against the Citizenship Amendment Act who were marching towards the residence of Union home minister Amit Shah to discuss the contentious law have turned back after being assured of a proper appointment with him.

The Delhi Police, however, did not give permission for the march and a team, dressed in riot gear, is standing 500 meters away to stop the protesters.

“We have asked protesters who are in the delegation which wants to meet home minister Amit Shah today, so we can plan a meeting. But they said that they all want to go. We have denied that, but we will see what we can do,” a senior officer was quoted by news agency ANI.

The protestors decided to talk to Amit Shah after his open invitation at the Times Now Summit on Thursday.

“Anyone with doubts over the CAA could seek an appointment from his office and he would be willing to meet them within the next three days,” Shah had said.

“We will march to Amit Shah’s house along with everyone here. We will speak in front of everyone. We will ask him to give in writing that NRC and CAA will be taken back,” a 76-year-old protester told NDTV.

Shaheen Bagh, being the epicentre of Anti-CAA protests, was made the focus of the BJP’s campaign in Delhi, and was subjected to the hate speeches from BJP leaders.

Last month, Home Minister Amit Shah had asked the audience at a Delhi election campaign meeting to “press the button with such anger that the current is felt at Shaheen Bagh”. He promised them that their vote to the BJP will keep the “country safe and prevent thousands of incidents like Shaheen Bagh”.

India News

Maharashtra sends controversial IAS trainee Puja Khedkar back to academy

Published

on

Trainee IAS officer Puja Khedkar, who has been the eye of the storm, has been asked by the Maharashtra Government to report back to the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie.

A letter from Maharashtra Additional Chief Secretary Nitin Gadre stated LBSNAA has suspended district training of Khedkar and has called her back for further necessary action. The letter said she has been relieved from the district training programme of the state government of Maharashtra and has been asked to join the academy by July 23 under any circumstances.

Khedkar had made it to the headlines for her alleged demands of a separate office and official car, besides using a beacon on her private luxury car without official sanction.

Earlier this month, a report regarding Khedkar and her father’s objectionable behaviour was sent by Pune District Collector Suhas Diwase to the state government.

Reports said Khedkar completed her MBBS and then appeared for the UPSC exams several times. According to her, she joined the IRS in 2019. In a later interview she said she could not join the IRS since there were some technical problems in the OBC allocation of her seat.

Thereafter, in November 2021, she applied and got appointed as the assistant director in the Sports Authority of India. She then appeared for the Civil Services Examination in 2021 and cleared the preliminary exam, the main examination, and the interview, securing the 821st rank.

However, she failed to present herself for a medical test to confirm disability claims of blindness and mental illness due to which she was getting benefits under the category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. Consequently, this persisted as a legal battle in Central Administrative Tribunal against UPSC.

Continue Reading

India News

Supreme Court issues notice to CBI, ED on Manish Sisodia bail plea

Published

on

Manish Sisodia

The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation and the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the bail pleas moved by former Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.

The Supreme Court’s decided to issue notice to the two agencies after arguments on Sisodia’s petitions for bail in two cases relating to alleged irregularities in the now-scrapped Delhi liquor policy. The court granted two weeks to the agencies to file their views.

“Views of agencies have to be heard before any decision is taken,” said Chief Justice DY Chandrachud, pointing at the seriousness of the charges slapped on Sisodia. The former Delhi Deputy CM has been under judicial remand since February 2023 over corruption and money laundering charges.

According to Sisodia’s counsel, the charges against him are politically motivated and lack enough evidence. The counsel had sought bail on medical grounds, to which the CBI or ED objected, saying his release might hamper the ongoing investigation into the case by influencing the witnesses or tampering with evidence.

According to the CBI and ED, Sisodia’s involvement in the liquor policy scheme was responsible for substantial state revenue loss and worked in favor of private liquor vendors.

Manish Sisodia, known for his transformational work in the field of education under the Delhi government, is not the only Aam Aadmi Party leader in jail. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Satyendar Jain are also behind bars. While Kejriwal is jailed in connection with the liquor policy case, Jain is in prison for corruption charges.

Continue Reading

India News

PayTm share price slips 2 per cent over SEBI warning

Published

on

Paytm

The share price of PayTm fell by nearly 2 per cent on Tuesday following a warning from the the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).

PayTm’s parent One 97 Communication had got SEBI’s administrative warning letter on some transactions involving the PayTm Payments Bank during fiscal year 2021-2022. The bourses reacted strongly leading to PayTm shares falling by 1.88% to Rs 460.80 per share on the Bombay Stock Exchange.

SEBI said it had noted the violation with concern and said these matters are being viewed very seriously. The regulator warned the company to exercise caution going forward and improve compliance to rules to prevent similar incidents in the future.

The markets regulator added that failure to comply with rules may force it to invoke enforcement actions as per the law.

In its response to SEBI, PayTm said in a media release that it has always followed listing regulations, as well as any change to these rules over time. The company said it would keep up its commitment to maintain and follow high standards of compliance. Paytm said it intends to provide an adequate response to SEBI on this matter.

PayTm said it has always followed Regulation 23 along with Regulation 4(1)(h) of the SEBI Listing Regulations, without including any change made to these rules over time. Paytm added that the letter from  SEBI has no influence on its finances, operations or other activities in any way.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com