English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

SI suspended for not registering case, forcing molestation victim to write apology

Published

on

Molestation

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]In a case of molestation and assault of seven students, including a girl, at Asola Wildlife Sanctuary, the sub-inspector of Surajkund police station in Faridabad was reportedly suspended on Friday for refusing to help them and forcing them to tender a written apology.

The sub-inspector was suspended for negligence of duty, said the Commissioner of Police, Faridabad, The Indian Express reported.

Seven students, including three from JNU, were allegedly beaten up by a group of people at Asola Wildlife Sanctuary in Faridabad on August 14 evening. The students said the attackers also “molested” a female student when they resisted.

The students lodged a “zero FIR’ — registered at a different location than the incident — at south Delhi’s Vasant Kunj North police station on Wednesday, which transferred it to the police station in Faridabad.

The complaint that was made by the girl read, “Around 8.30 pm, while returning to our campus, we were intercepted by three men there. They asked the relationship between me and the boys.” Soon, they grew violent and 8-9 people gathered. “They started assaulting us and hurled abuses,” the complaint said, adding that the ordeal lasted two hours and they were rescued by two locals.

Earlier on Friday, the JNU Students Union condemned the Haryana Police for allegedly harassing the students who wanted to file a complaint. JNUSU president Mohit Kumar Pandey said the union would approach the Faridabad commissioner of police seeking action against Surajkund police and the mob. “This reflects the environment of fear that is being created in the country. The goons openly threatened the girl and abused the boys. Now see the pathetic condition of Haryana Police that instead of helping victims, they behaved in the same way these goons were behaving,” Pandey said.

The female student who is from JNU said she was slapped and abused for “being in the company of men”. The accused also allegedly threatened to rape her.

“I was slapped and abused for being in the company of men. Then, one of the accused dragged me to a temporary shelter, while another advised him to rape me,” recounted the woman.

In the FIR registered with the Delhi Police, the woman said, “The men were constantly giving suggestions to each other to torture us. They were planning to tie us to a tree, cut us into pieces and throw us into the lake. One of the suggestions made by an attacker was to throw the men and keep the woman. For the first time in my life, I felt that I had only a few hours left to breathe,”

The woman added that the attackers were constantly calling other men to come rape her.

All this while, she said, her male friends were being beaten up and accused of being “Muslims” and “cow thieves”.

The students managed to escape when their cab driver along with two locals came to their rescue and took them to the Surajkund police station.

The police, however, allegedly refused to file a complaint and made remarks at the woman’s character.

“My character was questioned by the police officers. They made comments like “Tera kapda cheena huwa hai ya itna hi hai (were your clothes taken away or were they short anyway)” and “Yeh free sex ka culture jail mein karwatey hai (we’ll show you how to indulge in free sex in jail),” according to a report in The Hindu.

She also claimed that she was force to write an apology letter that was dictated to her. Later, the Delhi Police registered a zero FIR in the matter.

The case was registered under Sections 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman), 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 365 (kidnapping or abducting with intent secretly and wrongfully to confine person), 511 (punishment for attempting to commit offences punishable with imprisonment for life or other imprisonment), 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

India News

Himanta Sarma accuses Sonia, Rahul of provoking unrest over Vande Mataram row

Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma criticised Sonia and Rahul Gandhi over the Vande Mataram controversy and accused Congress of provoking unrest.

Published

on

Himanta sharma

Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday criticised Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over the controversy surrounding the rendition of Vande Mataram at the party headquarters in New Delhi on Independence Day.

Sarma questioned how the Congress would govern if it returned to power, alleging that the conduct of its senior leaders during the national song had raised concerns.

“During Vande Mataram, the way Sonia Gandhi behaved and the song was stopped midway clearly indicates that if Congress mistakenly comes to power, the country will face a worse situation,” Mr Sarma said.

The Assam Chief Minister also accused Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi of encouraging protests in the name of Gen Z.

“Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi have almost taken a decision to oppose the country in the name of Gen Z. They are provoking people to protest and trying hard to create a bad environment in the country,” he said.

Sarma further alleged that such actions could contribute to instability in the country.

“I am not bothered about these things, but these people are working against the country and provoking the people of the country to protest and bring anarchy,” he said.

What triggered the Vande Mataram controversy

The political row erupted after footage from the Congress Independence Day programme on August 15 surfaced on social media. The video showed senior Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Mallikarjun Kharge, during the rendition of Vande Mataram.

BJP leaders have interpreted gestures seen in the footage as an attempt to interrupt the national song. The Congress, however, has rejected that interpretation.

The issue has since become a political flashpoint, with BJP leaders accusing the Congress of disrespecting Vande Mataram.

A complaint seeking action against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi over the alleged disruption is also being examined by the Delhi Police.

Continue Reading

India News

BJP unveils 64-member national team with 3 former CMs, 18 MPs and 10 women

The BJP’s new 64-member national team includes three former chief ministers, 18 sitting MPs and 10 women, with representation from 23 states and Union Territories.

Published

on

The BJP’s new 64-member team of national office bearers brings together former chief ministers, sitting MPs, women leaders and representatives from different social and regional groups as the party prepares for the 2029 Lok Sabha election.

The team, headed by BJP national president Nitin Nabin, includes three former chief ministers, 18 sitting MPs and 10 women leaders. More than 40 per cent of the members belong to deprived communities, according to the details of the appointments.

Northeast gets special focus

The new organisational team includes leaders from 23 states and Union Territories, giving the party’s national leadership a broad geographical representation.

The Northeast has received particular attention, with three leaders from Tripura, Assam and Nagaland included in the team. The BJP’s North-East Coordination Cell will also continue to function under the leadership of Sambit Patra.

The team includes four tribal representatives, with one each from West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and the Northeast. Two of these representatives are women.

Three members from Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh represent the Scheduled Castes in the new team.

Representation across communities

The BJP’s national office bearers also include 10 experienced women leaders from different parts of the country.

The team has representation from different religious communities, including one Sikh, two Christians, one Muslim, one Jain and one Parsi member, alongside Hindu leaders.

Former chief ministers and MPs add experience

The organisational team brings considerable administrative and political experience, with former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat and former Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb among the members.

Four leaders with previous experience in the Union government and one sitting Union minister are also part of the team.

The new national office bearers include 18 sitting Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha members, bringing legislative experience and their connection with constituencies to the organisation.

Professionals and younger leaders add to the team

The team also brings together people from varied professional and academic backgrounds. It includes two professors, four practising doctors, as well as PhD holders, engineers, chartered accountants and lawyers.

The appointments to various Morchas are expected to bring organisational experience, fresh energy and domain expertise to the BJP’s national team.

Continue Reading

India News

Air India drug test row: 2 more pilots fail preliminary screening

Two more Air India pilots have not cleared preliminary drug tests and have been de-rostered while their final test results are awaited, sources said.

Published

on

Two more Air India pilots have not cleared the preliminary stage of drug testing ordered by the airline following the Phuket-Delhi flight incident. Their final test results are awaited, and both pilots have been de-rostered in the meantime, sources said.

The airline had directed its pilots to undergo drug testing as part of a new standard operating procedure after the pilot-in-command of the Phuket-Delhi flight failed two urine tests conducted after the aircraft landed. Marijuana was detected in his system.

More than 300 Air India pilots have undergone the testing process so far. Sources said final drug-test results generally take around 24 to 48 hours.

A cabin crew member on the Phuket-Delhi flight was also believed to have filed a complaint alleging that the pilot had previously smoked “pot”.

What happened on the Phuket-Delhi flight

The incident involved an Airbus A320neo that experienced a sudden drop of around 300 feet. The aircraft’s system data indicated a simultaneous loss of control of key flight surfaces, including the elevators and ailerons, for about four seconds.

The spoilers also lost control following the same hydraulic failure.

During the four-second period, the aircraft’s elevators and ailerons moved without pilot commands after multiple failures involving the jet’s three hydraulic systems.

The elevators control the aircraft’s pitch, while ailerons help control its roll. Spoilers reduce lift and increase drag, including during descent and landing.

Air India’s earlier statement on drug testing

The incident was initially reported as being linked to turbulence, before aircraft system data provided further information about what had occurred.

Air India had said it conducts regular drug testing of crew members in accordance with civil aviation regulations. The airline said the testing was part of its existing compliance process and was not initiated specifically because of the Phuket-Delhi flight incident.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com