English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest Politics News

Uttar Pradesh govt tells Supreme Court, demolitions including house of Afreen Fatima lawful, no link to rioting

Yogi Adityanath government has sought to dismiss plea with the imposition of fines on the petitioner for falsely linking the demolitions to the riots..

Published

on

bulldozer demolitions

Amid uproar over recent demolitions including the house of Afreen Fatima under the Yogi Adityanath 2.0 regime, the Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday informed the Supreme Court that no property was demolished to punish people accused of participating in violent protests against the two suspended BJP leader’ remarks on Prophet Muhammad.

The recent bulldozer demolitions in Uttar Pradesh were lawful and action against rioters is being taken under separate laws, the government said in its affidavit filed in the Supreme Court. The government also told the court that the demolitions are part of a routine effort against illegal constructions and notices for the same were issued long ago.

The state government has sought dismissal of the plea with the imposition of fines on the petitioner for falsely linking the demolitions to the riots..

Responding to Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind’s plea challenging the UP government’s selective targeting of Muslims homes after violent protests across the country, the Yogi Adityanath-led BJP government said the action against rioters has been taken as per a different set of statutes. The petitioner has selectively picked certain media reports and that allegations levelled by them are false, the govt told the apex court.

Read Also: Kerala High Court grants anticipatory bail to actor-producer Vijay Babu in sex assault case

In its affidavit filed in the top court, the government said Prayagraj demolitions were carried out by the local development authority which is an autonomous body of the state government and was a part of their endeavor to free the city of illegal and unauthorized constructions.

Regarding the demolition of house of Javed Mohammed urf Javed Pump, father of Afreen Fatima, the UP govt submitted that the construction was in violation of Prayagraj Development Authority rules and that proceedings were initiated much earlier than the riots in Allahabad.

The UP government’s bulldozer tactics of demolishing the homes of people, overwhelmingly Muslims, who have been accused of participating in communal riots, had been widely criticized by the legal as well as human rights activists. However the legal fraternity have already been termed the contentious demolition as illegal and violates the Articles 14, 19 and 21 of the Constitution.

Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma’s wife files Rs 100 crore defamation suit against Manish Sisodia over PPE kits issue

Earthquake of 6.1 magnitude hits Afghanistan, at least 130 killed

India News

Samajwadi Party leader Swami Prasad Maurya resigns from party, also quits as member of State Legislative Council

Maurya shared his resignation letter on social media. He wrote a separate letter to the Chairman of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council. He said he was elected as a Samajwadi Party member in the legislative council. He said as he has resigned from the primary membership of the party, he is also resigning as MLC (member of legislative council) based on morality.

Published

on

Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Swami Prasad Maurya resigned from the party on Tuesday and also quit as a member of the state legislative council. After announcing his exit from the party he said he believes in clean politics. He said he has had ideological differences with Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi Party.

The ex-SP leader accused Akhilesh Yadav of going against socialist ideology. He added he had experience of working with Mulayam Singh Yadav as well and said Yadav was a staunch socialist leader. He said those who are carrying forward his legacy are not able to follow his ideology. He said the situation is unfortunate.

Maurya shared his resignation letter on social media. He wrote a separate letter to the Chairman of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council. He said he was elected as a Samajwadi Party member in the legislative council. He said as he has resigned from the primary membership of the party, he is also resigning as MLC (member of legislative council) based on morality.

Maurya resigned as the party’s general secretary on February 13. He even accused the Samajwadi Party leadership of discriminating against him and not defending him over his controversial statements on Ramcharitamanas and the Ayodhya Temple Pran Pratishtha event.

The decision to quit from Samajwadi Party comes after two years he dumped the ruling BJP for Samajwadi Party (SP). The development came amid reports that Maurya is planning to launch his own party. He has called a meeting with his followers in Delhi on Feb 22 to finalize his next move.

According to reports during a recent meeting Maurya’s core supporters had mooted the idea to launch an independent political outfit. In the same meeting a proposal was made to name the new political outfit as Rashtriya Shoshit Samaj Dal. But after the meeting when Swami Prasad Maurya was asked about the idea of formation of a new political outfit, he did not commit to the same.   

Continue Reading

India News

BJP MP Locket Chatterjee slams Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee over inaction in Sandeshkhali

Chatterjee addressed a press conference and said there is only one woman chief minister in the country and it is in her state that women are most unsafe.She said the entire country knows about what happened in Sandeshkhali. She added women are being raped and despite of having a women chief minister, Mamata Banerjee is silent on the issue. She said the West Bengal Chief Minister has not given a single statement till now.

Published

on

BJP MP from West Bengal’s Hooghly, Locket Chatterjee on Monday criticized the Trinamool Congress and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee over the Sandeshkhali violence and alleged the ruling party’s goons are targeting and harassing hindu women. Chatterjee addressed a press conference and said there is only one woman chief minister in the country and it is in her state that women are most unsafe. She said these women voted for Mamata Banerjee in 2011. She added these women were unsafe during the Left government’s 34-year rule.

She said the entire country knows about what happened in Sandeshkhali. She added women are being raped and despite of having a women chief minister, Mamata Banerjee is silent on the issue. She said the West Bengal Chief Minister has not given a single statement till now.

Chatterjee said the prime accused Shahjahan Sheikh is still absconding and the police is unable to track him down. She asked why no FIR has been lodged till now? She added the police administration has become TMC’s office. Chatterjee said the Trinamool Congress wants 30%of votes. She said the TMC are hunting down and assaulting hindu women. She even compared the situation to Pakistan and said the same thing is happening in West Bengal.

She said Mamata Banerjee is silent on the issue and is accusing the RSS for the Sandeshkhali incident. Speaking to the media the West Bengal Chief Minister had attacked the BJP over the Sandeshkhali violence. She said one incident happened and it was made to happen. She added first the ED went which was followed by the BJP. She added some media went along with them and they are making a mountain out of a molehill. She even accused the BJP of disrupting peace and starting a fire. The West Bengal Chief Minister said she was sending officers to Sandeshkhali to address the allegations of sexual assault and land grabbing by TMC leaders.

Continue Reading

Latest Politics News

Kamal Nath adds to the suspense, doesn’t deny or accept joining BJP rumours

The father-son duo arrived in Delhi today allegedly to meet the top leaders from BJP.

Published

on

Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath added more suspense to the rumours of his switching allegiance to the BJP from the Congress as he neither denied nor accepted what has been the hot rumour doing the buzz in the capital.

Speaking to reporters, Nath asked the media to lower their excitement over speculation of him and his son Nakul Kamal Nath joining the BJP and said he is not denying it and will inform them of the the news if there is something in the coming days.

The father-son duo arrived in Delhi today reportedly to meet the top leaders of the BJP. Responding to the speculation, Congress leader Digvijaya Singh said that he spoke to Nath last night and wondered how the party could expect the man, who started his political career with the Nehru-Gandhi family, to leave the Gandhi family.

Regarding the speculation, Madhya Pradesh Congress President Jitu Patwari reminded what former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had said about Kamal Nath, rejecting the rumours, he said when Nath fought elections for the first time, Indira called Nath her third son.

Asserting that, Patwari said Nath has been with the Congress for the last 45 years and 7 years as the Madhya Pradesh Congress chief.  He also remembered when former Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia toppled the Congress government in MP, party workers stood with Nath.

He told the media not to expect such a thing that Nath would leave the Congress and join the BJP.

The speculation came just days after Ashok Chavan, the former Chief Minister of Maharashtra, joined the BJP, becoming the latest Congress leader to exit the party.

Earlier on February 12, Chavan joined the BJP a day after quitting the Congress. Chavan was associated with the Congress for four decades, and resigned from all party posts and as the MLA from Bhokar constituency.

Earlier in January, Milind Deora also ended his family’s 55-year-old relationship with the Congress and joined the Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena. Deora, the son of late Congress veteran Murli Deora, resigned from the party on January 14, alleging it had deviated from its ideological and organisational roots.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com