English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest Politics News

How to solve a problem – say it doesn’t exist: Khattar govt’s way out to facilitate Amit Shah bike rally

Published

on

Amit Shah

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A simple proclamation removed the hurdles in the way of BJP president Amit Shah’s ‘Yuva Hunkar Rally’ of one lakh bikes in Haryana’s Jind on Thursday, Feb  15, to launch the party’s campaign for 2019 when both Lok Sabha and state assembly elections are due.

One hurdle was the notice from the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to Manoharlal Khattar-led BJP government in Haryana seeking response to a plea expressing concern over the problems of pollution, aggravated by traffic jams, that one-lakh two-wheelers would create in the area falling under National Capital Region (NCR) with its serious air-pollution problem. The NGT had sought responses from the Centre and Haryana government in connection with a plea seeking a reduction in the number of bikes at Shah’s rally in Jind, on pollution grounds.

The NGT was informed by the state council that as the rally had already begun, any pleas against it do not stand ground. The state government assured the NGT that only motorcycles with valid Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificates will be allowed in the rally. The NGT had said that it will keep a close watch on the rally. That was it.

The second hurdle was the threat from Akhil Bhartiya Jat Andolan Sangharsh Samiti (ABJASS) to disrupt the BJP rally unless the state government conceded their demand for withdrawal of rioting and arson cases against Jat youths, reservation for Jats in central government jobs, and compensation as well as a government job for the family of “Jat youths, who were shot and killed by the Haryana Police during the protests”.

The Khattar government removed both hurdles by simply saying that BJP president Amit Shah‘s one-lakh bike rally isn’t going to cause pollution and there would be no cases, including those of murder, rape or arson that occurred during Feb 2016 Jat agitation.

Problems removed, the bike rally started. Khattar flagged off a convoy of bikers from his constituency of Karnal and  reached the venue riding a bike himself. The bike rally resulted in traffic jams across Karnal, reported The Hindustan Times. Long queues of bikers could be seen at fuel pumps to get the promised free fuel worth Rs 200 per bike. Besides food packets, bikers were also given a saffron helmet and jackets, said the HT report.

Meanwhile, police held state Congress chief Ashok Tanwar. He was going to show black flags to Shah.

Amit Shah arrived in Jind for bike rally, riding pillion to venue amid full security. The rally was on.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_raw_html]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[/vc_raw_html][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Some media reports suggested there was some doubt whether Khattar was able to solve the problems or only put them off till after his boss’s rally.

On the issue of pollution, the NGT was informed by the state council that as the rally had already begun, any pleas against it do not stand ground. The state government assured the NGT that only motorcycles with valid Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificates will be allowed in the rally. The NGT had said that it will keep a close watch on the rally. That was it.

As for the trouble from Jats, ABJASS decided to call off its proposed blockade of the bike rally after meeting Manoharlal Khattar and senior BJP Jat leader, Chaudhary Birender Singh, on Monday. Jat activists claim they will launch a fresh agitation ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls if the state government decided to renege on its promises, reported News18.

ABJASS president Yashpal Malik said, “We had a three-point demand from the state government. The first one was that the state government withdraw all cases of rioting and arson in which Jat youths have been falsely implicated. After we announced the protest against Amit Shah’s rally, the state government hurriedly withdrew 70 cases against Jat youths. However, there are more than 300 cases that still stand. These must all be taken back.”

Malik further added, “The second demand, is something we’ve long been asking for – reservations for Jats in central government jobs. Our protest for this demand has been going on for the last two years. Third, family members of all Jat youths, who were shot and killed by Haryana Police during the protests, should be given compensation and a government job.”

“In return, the state government asked us for only one thing – that we withdraw our protest against the Amit Shah rally on Thursday,” said Malik.

According to Malik, the state government hasn’t been specific about an exact timeline within which all their demands will be met. Malik said, “They haven’t given us an exact timeline but we expect all these demands to be met within a month or so. If this does not happen, we will resume the movement. The BJP should not forget that the 2019 Lok Sabha elections are fast approaching. If they do not keep their promise, we will make sure that not even Narendra Modi himself can hold a rally in Haryana.”[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

India News

Ajit Pawar’s son seeks detailed probe into Baramati plane crash

Jay Pawar has demanded a comprehensive probe and action against the aviation firm after the Baramati plane crash that killed Ajit Pawar and four others.

Published

on

Jay Pawar, the younger son of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, has called for a comprehensive and impartial investigation into the plane crash near Baramati that claimed his father’s life along with four others on January 28.

In a social media post on Wednesday, Jay Pawar raised concerns over what he described as “possible serious lapses” that may have led to the fatal accident. He asserted that the aircraft’s black box is not easily destroyed and stressed that people of Maharashtra deserve to know the complete truth behind the crash.

Demand for action against aviation company

The ill-fated Learjet 45XR aircraft was operated by VSR Ventures Private Limited. Jay Pawar urged authorities to conduct a detailed probe into the firm’s operations and sought a ban on the aviation company pending investigation.

“A detailed investigation of possible serious lapses and irregularities of the aircraft firm should be done in a detailed and impartial manner,” he said.

The crash occurred near the Baramati airstrip, resulting in the deaths of Ajit Pawar and four others.

Call for CBI probe and sabotage allegations

Jay Pawar’s statement came a day after Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Sunetra Pawar and leaders from the Nationalist Congress Party met Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to demand a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the accident.

Separately, NCP (SP) MLA Rohit Pawar alleged there was reason to suspect sabotage in the crash and called for a multi-agency investigation involving experts.

During a press conference last week, Rohit Pawar also questioned the past record of Captain Sumit Kapoor, who was piloting the aircraft on the day of the crash. He referred to the pilot’s previous three-year suspension for alcohol consumption.

AAIB seeking support to retrieve CVR data

The Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB) is conducting a detailed probe into the crash. According to the agency, special technical assistance has been sought to retrieve data from the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) of the Learjet 45 aircraft involved in the accident.

The investigation is ongoing.

Continue Reading

India News

PM Modi sends congratulatory letter to Tarique Rahman after swearing-in

Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla handed over Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s congratulatory letter to Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman following his swearing-in and extended an invitation to visit India.

Published

on

Tarique Rehman

Om Birla on Tuesday met Tarique Rahman and delivered a letter from Narendra Modi, congratulating him on assuming office and inviting him to visit India.

The meeting took place shortly after Rahman was sworn in as Bangladesh’s Prime Minister following his party’s victory in the recently concluded parliamentary elections.

According to details shared, Birla also spoke to Rahman over the phone to personally convey PM Modi’s congratulations.

In his letter, PM Modi extended his greetings to Rahman on the Bangladesh Nationalist Party’s win in the parliamentary elections and on his appointment as the next Prime Minister of Bangladesh.

“I extend my warmest congratulations to you on the victory of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party at the just-concluded parliamentary elections in Bangladesh and on your appointment as the next Prime Minister of Bangladesh,” the letter read.

The communication also included an invitation for the newly sworn-in leader to visit India.

Continue Reading

India News

Navjot Kaur Sidhu says Rahul Gandhi disconnected from ground realities

Navjot Kaur Sidhu criticises Rahul Gandhi after exiting Congress, alleging corruption in the Punjab unit and predicting defeat in upcoming state elections.

Published

on

Rahul-Gandhi

Former Congress leader Navjot Kaur Sidhu has launched a sharp attack on Rahul Gandhi soon after her exit from the party, accusing him of being detached from ground realities and failing to address concerns within the Punjab unit.

Speaking to reporters in Coimbatore, Sidhu said that Gandhi, who serves as Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, has not worked at the grassroots level and is unaware of what is happening within the party in Punjab. She stressed that understanding “ground zero” realities is crucial for leadership and said living in a “dream world” would not help the party.

Drawing a comparison with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Sidhu said that while Gandhi speaks well and “talks sense”, his actions do not align with his words. She claimed there is nothing personally against the Prime Minister and challenged critics to find evidence of wrongdoing against him.

Sidhu also alleged widespread corruption within the Punjab Congress leadership. She claimed she sought an appointment with Gandhi for eight months to inform him about what she described as “injustice” and internal damage to the party. According to her, party tickets had already been sold, and she warned that Congress is likely to lose the state polls next year if corrective measures are not taken.

In a direct message to Gandhi, she said that if he is unaware of developments within his own party, then he does not deserve the leadership position. She further alleged that corrupt individuals surround him while honest leaders are ignored.

Sidhu claimed that she and her family were promised key roles, including a deputy chief minister post with seven departments and a Member of Parliament position for her, but were ultimately given nothing.

Last week, Congress general secretary in charge of Punjab, Bhupesh Baghel, announced that Sidhu had been expelled from the party. The announcement followed her own declaration that she had quit.

The 62-year-old leader was earlier associated with the BJP and served as an MLA from 2012 to 2016 before joining Congress. Recently, she levelled serious allegations against Punjab Congress chief Amrinder Singh Raja Warring, claiming that ₹500 crore was being demanded in exchange for the Chief Minister’s post if the party wins the upcoming elections. She was suspended after making those remarks.

With Punjab heading towards elections next year, her allegations add to the turbulence within the state unit of the Congress.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com