English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest Politics News

Supreme Court refuses to pass order to ban bulldozer demolitions across states, says blanket ban will curtail rights of civic authorities

In its plea, the petitioners Jamiat-Ulema-e_Hind had alleged that the government is taking selective action against those accused of riots.

Published

on

bulldozer demolitions

The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to pass orders to ban bulldozer demolitions across the country and said that the blanket ban will curtail the rights of civic authorities.

The bench of Justices BR Gavai and PS Narasimha was hearing a petition by Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind against bulldozer demolition in Uttar Pradesh.

While the petitioner has alleged that the bulldozers specifically targeted members of the minority community, the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government has maintained that the demolition drives were routine exercises to remove the encroachment.

In its plea, the petitioners had alleged that the government is taking selective action against those accused of riots.

Read Also: Monsoon in Maharashtra, Gujarat takes away over 100 lives

Appearing for Jamiat, advocates Dushyant Dave and CU Singh, said authorities are picking, choosing and demolishing homes of people from the other community.

To this, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta and Senior Advocate Harish Salve replied that there is no other community as pointed out by the petitioner and all communities are Indian communities. There is no connection between the demolitions and rioting, and the anti-encroachment exercises started long before the riots, Salve and Mehta said.

Urging the court to not impose a blanket ban on demolitions, the UP government counsel said the rule of law needs to be followed. Not every riot accused can be protected from demolitions under a blanket order, they said.

Last month, the civic authorities of Prayagrah had demolished the residence of Javed Mohammad, a leader of the Welfare Party of India and the father of activist Afreen Fatima. For which the Uttar Pradesh government had come under criticism.

Javed Mohammed was allegedly made the main accused in the violence in Prayagraj over suspended BJP leader Nupur Sharma’s remarks on Prophet Muhammad.

Sri Lanka declares state of emergency as President Rajapaksa flees country

CNG, PNG prices hiked by Rs 4 per kg, Rs 3 per cubic meter in Mumbai, check CNG prices in Delhi, NCR and other cities

Latest News

Congress party files complaint against Filmmaker Ashoke Pandit, allegations of spreading fake news and creating enmity between groups

The complaint also suggested that the upload of the tampered video along with the caption was a deliberate and motivated attempt to outrage the religious sentiments of the Hindu community with the help of tampered footage.

Published

on

On 30th September, Jairam Ramesh on his Twitter uploaded a tweet, informing the people about the case filed against filmmaker Ashoke Pandit over his Tweet on Rahul Gandhi. The Congress Party has accused Ashoke Pandit of spreading misinformation, offending religious sentiments, and promoting enmity between different groups.

According to allegations, The filmmaker had uploaded an alleged tampered video of Rahul Gandhi on his Twitter with the caption that said Janaudhari Rahul Gandhi refuses to perform prayer and added that the reason for him to do so is clear. The filmmaker had however deleted his Tweet after the post drew flak from a lot of users.

In the complaint, the video is said to be a tampered version of Rahul Gandhi’s visit to Gujarat’s Rajkot where the Congress party leader can be seen to be refusing to pray to goddess Durga. It further clarifies that in the original video shows quite the contrary, and added that Rahul Gandhi in the original video be seen offering a prayer to goddess Durga.

The complaint also suggested that the upload of the tampered video along with the caption was a deliberate and motivated attempt to outrage the religious sentiments of the Hindu community with the help of tampered footage.

The complaint further denoted that the filmmaker has a following of more than 3 lakh users which marks him as an influential figure in the eyes of the public. The complaint further remarked that the way the Pandit’s post on Gandhi had provoked the mass of his followers to resort to hatred and outrage by exposing them to fake news.

The Congress party further claimed that the filmmaker has a history of sharing such posts on his social media. Ashoke also insulted goddess Durga by sharing the tampered and distorted video of Rahul Gandhi, read the complaint.

The Congress party asserted their claims of Ashoke Pandit’s slander was a well-thought-out attack rather than an opinion by arguing that the filmmaker knew about the religious beliefs of Rahul Gandhi, a member of Parliament, and still went ahead to share doctored footage that provokes and incites outrage over religion.

Aside from this, the Congress party is carrying out their 5-month Bharat Jodo Yatra which is traveling from Kanyakumari to Jammu and Kashmir, covering 35,000 kilometers. The Congress party will also conduct its party’s presidential elections on the 17th of October. The candidature for party presidency won’t include anyone from the Gandhi family due to the flak given by the opposition over the narrative of the dynasty politics. Congress MP Shashi Tharoor is among the names in the running.

Continue Reading

Latest Politics News

Nitish Kumar hints at inquiry into IAS officer’s want condoms remarks, officer apologizes after social media outrage

The Nation Commission for Woman has sought an explanation from the senior bureaucrat for her insensitive conduct.

Published

on

nitish

Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday hinted at an inquiry into senior woman IAS officer Harjot Kaur Bumrah’s want condom remarks, two days after social media outrage over her response to a girl’s demand for free sanitary napkins during a seminar in Sashakt Beti, Samriddh Bihar in the state capital Patna.

Responding to a journalist’s query about the National Commission for Women (NCW) notice on Bumrah, Kumar said the orders are in place to inquire into the issue, which he learnt about from newspapers. If the IAS officer’s behaviour is found to be against that spirit, action will be taken against her, Bihar Chief Minister told the reporters.

The officer has issued an apology for her controversial remarks that arose after a video footage of the function held on September 27 went viral on social media. Her remarks triggered a massive social media outrage.

Additional Chief Secretary ranks officer’s remarks came at a state-level workshop organised in collaboration with UNICEF. After the video of the workshop went viral, social media users slammed the IAS for her condom reference to the valid question.

Following the incident, the NCW Chairperson Rekha Sharma wrote to Harjot Kaur and asked her to submit her explanation to the woman panel within seven days.

Responding to a girl’s question, which got applauded by the audience, IAS Harjot Kaur Bamhrah, the managing director of Bihar’s Women Development Corporation, said today she asked for sanitary pads and in future, she will also ask the government for free condoms. Why do people need everything for free, she further asked saying this mentality is incorrect. If the government could provide free sanitary pads to girls as it is providing numerous other facilities for free, the girl had asked the Bihar IAS officer.

Continue Reading

Latest Politics News

Lok Sabha Election 2024: Is Meghalaya Govenor Satyapal Malik joining RLD after his retirement?

Satya Pal Malik was appointed as Bihar Governor in 2017 and then sent to Jammu and Kashmir but removed the abrogation of Article 370. Currently, he is the Governor of Meghalaya.

Published

on

Meghalaya Govenor Satyapal Malik

Meghalaya Governor Satya Pal Malik is set to retire next month but speculations about his next political innings with Jayant Choudhary’s Rashtriya Lok Dal are doing rounds on social media. There is also news that he will contest the 2024 Lok Sabha elections are also doing rounds on social media.

In the midst of speculations about him, Malik, who has been attacking the PM Modi government since the passing of farm laws in the parliament, will share the stage with RLD president Chaudhary Jayant at the Kisan Sammelan to be held in Muzaffarnagar’s Shamli on October 3. He will also attend a farmers’ conference in Aligarh on October 2.

Malik could join the RLD after retirement and also contest the 2024 Lok Sabha elections. He is eyeing to Kairana Lok Sabha seat in Shamli district of Uttar Pradesh. Currently, the BJP is holding this Lok Sabha seat, reports claimed.

Read Also: Uttar Pradesh: 1 dead, 56 workers unconscious after ammonia leak in Aligarh meat factory | WATCH

Malik was appointed as Bihar Governor in 2017 and then sent to Jammu and Kashmir but removed the abrogation of Article 370. Currently, he is the Governor of Meghalaya.

Right after the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, it was reported that Satyapal Malik had a desire to contest the Lok Sabha elections in 2009, 2014 and 2019, which has not been fulfilled yet. Since then he has been criticizing almost every policy of the government.

Two weeks ago, Malik had claimed that people had indicated that he would be made vice president if he stopped speaking against the centre. He had also praised Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for taking out the Bharat Jodo Yatra.

Speaking on changing the name of Rajpath, Malik had said Rajpath was a good name while the name Kartayva Path sounds like a mantra.

Mother creates innovative bicycle seat for her child, desi jugad amazes tweeple

Bihar IAS triggers outrage after her condom reference to girl’s demand for free sanitary pads | WATCH

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com