English हिन्दी
Connect with us

LATEST SPORTS NEWS

IND vs NZ 2nd ODI: Weather update, venue, possible playing XI | Know here

The Indian team has not won any ODI match on Seddon Park in Hamilton ground for the last 13 years.

Published

on

IND vs NZ 2nd ODI: Weather update, venue, possible playing XI | Know here

The second match of the 3-match ODI series between India and New Zealand will be played in Hamilton on Sunday. It is a do or die match for the Indian team who lost the first match. A loss in this match would mean losing the series.

Seddon Park in Hamilton has never been easy for the team India. The Indian team has not won any ODI match on this venue for the last 13 years. Let us take a look at weather condition, pitch report and possible playing XI of both the teams.

Chances of rain during the match

The match is scheduled to start at 7 am Indian time and 2:30 pm, according to Hamilton time zone.  The weather predictions say that the chances of rainfall in Hamilton on Sunday ranges from 40 per cent ot 68 per cent. There is more than 60 per cent chances of rainfall in afternoon 2 to 3, evening 5 to 6 and from 7 pm to 8 pm. Indicating that the match can get disturbed by rainfall.

Team batting later will have upper hand

The team batting later has more advantage at Seddon Park in Hamilton. So far, thirty-seven One Day Internationals have been played here. Of these, the team batting first in 13 and the team batting later in 22 have  have won. Two matches have remained inconclusive.

The average score in the first innings of an ODI match in Hamilton is 245 runs. The team batting first has scored more than 300 runs at least five times. Meanwhile, a score of 270 to 300 runs has been scored at least eight times. The target of more than 300 runs has been chased twice on this pitch.

In 2007, New Zealand won a match by scoring 350 runs in the second innings against Australia. The Kiwi team won against India in 2020 by scoring 348 runs in the second innings.

Probable playing-11 of both teams

New Zealand: Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Matt Henry, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson.

India: Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh and Kuldeep Yadav/Yuzvendra Chahal.

India News

RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat says Gen Z protesters are our own people, not anti-national

RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said Gen Z protesters should not be called anti-national, describing protests as a democratic form of dialogue and urging engagement with young people.

Published

on

Mohan Bhagwat

The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Thursday said members of Generation Z (Gen Z) should not be labelled anti-national merely because they participate in protests. Speaking at the Mumbai Conference titled ‘The Role of Youth in Uniting the World, the Indian Way’, he said young protesters are “our own people” and their concerns should be addressed through dialogue.

Bhagwat said that while protests are part of democracy, they should be carried out through democratic means. He also expressed confidence in the younger generation, describing Gen Z and Gen Alpha as more honest and receptive to the values of patriotism and public service.

Bhagwat calls dialogue essential in a democracy

Addressing the conference, Bhagwat said Gen Z should not be viewed as anti-national for raising concerns.

“If the Gen Z is agitating, they certainly aren’t anti-nationals; they are our own people, our next generation,” he said, adding that a sense of belonging and continuous dialogue are necessary to resolve differences.

He also said that while he would not discourage protests, democracy provides appropriate ways to express dissent.

Says protest is a legitimate form of dialogue

Bhagwat described protests as a democratic mechanism when regular communication fails to resolve issues.

He said that if discussions do not produce results, people naturally raise their voices to draw attention to unresolved concerns, calling protests another form of dialogue in a democratic society.

RSS chief compares Gen Z with earlier generations

Reflecting on generational differences, Bhagwat said today’s youth are more inclined to question authority than previous generations.

According to him, earlier generations generally accepted what elders said without questioning, whereas Gen Z and Gen Alpha seek logical explanations before accepting viewpoints.

He also remarked that he considers the younger generation more honest and said he would readily place his trust in Gen Z.

Remarks come after student protests in Delhi

Bhagwat’s comments come days after student protests in Delhi over alleged undergraduate medical entrance examination paper leaks. The demonstrations, led by the Cockroach Janta Party, resulted in the resignation of Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.

When asked whether earlier dialogue could have prevented the situation from escalating, Bhagwat said that if an undesirable situation develops, there must have been shortcomings somewhere that need to be identified and corrected.

On pellet gun allegations

Responding to a question about the reported use of pellet guns against protesting students, Bhagwat said he did not have complete information about the incident.

He said he would need to examine the facts before commenting on what happened or determining where responsibility lay.

Continue Reading

Cricket news

Ajit Agarkar’s future as BCCI chief selector uncertain amid Rohit Sharma ODI controversy, says report

Ajit Agarkar’s position as BCCI chief selector is reportedly under scrutiny, with a report claiming VVS Laxman is being considered as his successor amid the Rohit Sharma ODI controversy.

Published

on

The future of Ajit Agarkar as the chairman of the BCCI’s senior men’s selection committee is reportedly uncertain, with a media report claiming that the board is considering appointing former India batter VVS Laxman as his successor.

According to the report, Agarkar’s tenure as chief selector was originally scheduled to conclude in June 2026. However, he received a three-month extension from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). While another extension until the end of the 2027 ODI World Cup was reportedly expected, recent developments surrounding Rohit Sharma’s ODI future have complicated the situation.

Rohit Sharma’s ODI future reportedly became a key issue

The report states that discussions over Rohit Sharma’s place in India’s ODI setup have emerged as a major factor in the ongoing developments.

It claims that ahead of India’s three-match ODI series against England, there were indications that the series could mark Rohit’s final appearance in the format. The report further alleges that the Agarkar-led selection committee had discussed with the Gautam Gambhir-led team management the possibility of leaving the veteran batter out of future ODI assignments.

However, the situation reportedly changed after speculation emerged that the third ODI at Lord’s would be Rohit’s last match. Rohit responded with a century in that game, a performance that, according to the report, put both the selectors and team management in a difficult position.

BCCI secretary issues clarification on Rohit’s future

Following the speculation, BCCI Secretary Devajit Saikia publicly dismissed suggestions that the Lord’s ODI would be Rohit’s final appearance in the format.

“Rohit is a regular member of the Indian ODI team, and he will continue to represent the country as long as he is in the scheme of things. In other words, the Lord’s ODI won’t be his last match,” Saikia told PTI.

The report also claims that some individuals involved in managing the Indian team do not favour Rohit’s participation in the 2027 ODI World Cup, though no official announcement has been made by the BCCI on the matter.

Review meeting yet to take place

According to the report, the BCCI had planned a review meeting after India’s tour of England following the team’s eight defeats in ten matches across the Ireland and England tours.

However, the meeting has reportedly not taken place. The Indian team has since travelled to Sri Lanka for a two-match Test series without the scheduled review being held.

As of now, the BCCI has not officially announced any decision regarding Ajit Agarkar’s tenure as chief selector or any appointment of VVS Laxman as his replacement.

Continue Reading

LATEST SPORTS NEWS

Harsh Singh, Asmita Dey script history with India’s first Commonwealth Games judo golds

Harsh Singh and Asmita Dey created Commonwealth Games history by becoming India’s first male and female judo gold medallists, while India’s boxing campaign gathered momentum in Glasgow.

Published

on

India celebrated a landmark day at the Commonwealth Games 2026 in Glasgow as Harsh Singh and Asmita Dey won historic gold medals in judo, becoming the country’s first-ever male and female Commonwealth Games champions in the sport.

The twin victories marked a breakthrough moment for Indian judo, ending the nation’s long wait for a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games.

Harsh Singh becomes first Indian male judoka to win CWG gold

Harsh Singh produced an impressive performance in the men’s 60kg final to defeat Australia’s Joshua Katz. The Indian judoka secured a decisive Waza-ari during the contest before holding his advantage to seal the gold medal.

With the victory, Harsh became the first Indian male judoka to stand on top of the Commonwealth Games podium.

Asmita Dey wins women’s 48kg title

Earlier in the day, Asmita Dey claimed gold in the women’s 48kg category after overcoming Canada’s Heidi Quach in a closely fought final.

The contest extended into the Golden Score period before the Indian judoka delivered the decisive move to secure the title. Her victory also made her the first Indian woman to win a Commonwealth Games gold medal in judo.

Asmita, who hails from Belonia in Tripura’s South Tripura district, has steadily progressed through the national and international ranks after beginning her sporting journey in athletics before switching to judo.

Indian boxing contingent continues impressive run

India’s boxing campaign also gathered momentum, with several boxers booking places in the finals.

Preeti Pawar, Ankush Panghal, Jaismine Lamboria, Jadumani Singh and Arundhati Choudhary advanced to Saturday’s title bouts, ensuring more medal opportunities for the Indian contingent.

Meanwhile, Priya Ghanghas, Lovlina Borgohain, Sachin Siwach and Narender Berwal were scheduled to compete in their respective semifinal bouts later in the day.

Neeraj Chopra headlines evening athletics action

Former Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra was set to lead India’s athletics campaign in the men’s javelin throw final later on Day 9.

Rohit Yadav and Yash Vir Singh were also entered in the event, while Tejaswin Shankar was due to complete the final discipline of the decathlon. Indian athletes Yashas Palaksha and Santhosh Kumar Thamilarasan were also scheduled to compete in the men’s 400m hurdles final.

Medal hopes remain alive

With historic success in judo and multiple boxing finalists confirmed, India remained in contention for several more medals as competition continued on Day 9 of the Commonwealth Games 2026 in Glasgow.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com