English हिन्दी
Connect with us

LATEST SPORTS NEWS

India beat England by 434 runs to win third Test, take 2-1 lead

England faced their second-largest defeat in test cricket history.

Published

on

India beat England by 434 runs to win in the third Test match held at Rajkot on Sunday, taking a 2-1 lead in the five-match series. It is their biggest win in terms of runs ever, surpassing their previous record of a 372-run victory over New Zealand in 2021.

On the other hand, England faced their second-largest defeat in test cricket history. Their biggest loss, which was by 563 runs, came against their arch-rivals, Australia, in 1934. However, this defeat in Rajkot broke their previous second-highest defeat record of 425 runs against the West Indies in 1976.

England, having been set an unlikely target of 557 runs, suffered a major batting collapse and were all out for only 122 runs on day four of the test match. Ravindra Jadeja was the standout performer for India, taking five wickets for 41 runs.

This was England’s poorest batting performance in the series, with none of their batsmen able to score more than 20 runs, except for Mark Wood who scored 33 runs. In contrast, India scored 445 and 430/4 declared in their two innings respectively.

The credit for India’s massive victory goes to Yashasvi Jaiswal, who scored an unbeaten 214 runs in the second innings. The other key contributors with the bat were Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja, both of whom scored centuries. On his debut, Sarfaraz Khan scored fifties in both innings of the match.

Jaiswal scored an unbeaten 214 runs, in which he hit 12 sixes, to help India achieve a second innings total of 430/4 declared. This gave them a massive lead of 556 runs. It was a perfect opportunity for Jadeja to showcase his skills which shattered England’s claims of being able to chase down such a target with an aggressive approach.

India’s strategy of attacking the wickets proved successful as England’s top order crumbled without any significant contribution. With ample support from Kuldeep Yadav (2/19), Jasprit Bumrah (1/18) and Ravichandran Ashwin (1/19), who returned to the match after attending a medical emergency at home, England found no way to fight back. The fourth Test will be held in Ranchi starting from February 23.

Cricket news

India’s 61-run win over Pakistan strengthens World Cup hopes says BCCI vice-president

BCCI Vice-President Rajiv Shukla says he is fully confident India will win the T20 World Cup 2026 following their dominant 61-run victory over Pakistan.

Published

on

ind vs pakistan

India’s commanding victory over Pakistan in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2026 has boosted confidence within the cricket establishment, with Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Vice-President Rajiv Shukla expressing firm belief that the team will go on to lift the trophy.

Reacting after India’s comprehensive 61-run win in Colombo on Sunday, Shukla described the result as a major achievement and praised the team’s overall performance.

“Winning against Pakistan by such a huge margin is a huge achievement. The way our boys played, I am fully confident that we will win the World Cup as well,” Shukla told reporters. He highlighted the depth in the squad, saying different players have stepped up at different times during the tournament.

Kishan’s fifty and disciplined bowling seal big win

A decisive half-century from Ishan Kishan laid the foundation for India’s total of 175 for 7. Kishan’s 77-run knock anchored the innings, while Suryakumar Yadav contributed 32 runs to push the score to a competitive total.

In reply, Pakistan were bowled out for 114 in 18 overs. India’s bowling attack delivered a collective performance, with Axar Patel, Varun Chakravarthy, Hardik Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah picking up two wickets each.

Usman Khan top-scored for Pakistan with 44, while Shaheen Afridi remained unbeaten on 23. Saim Ayub had earlier impressed with the ball, claiming 3 wickets for 25 runs.

India on top of Group A

With three wins in three matches, India currently lead Group A. Pakistan stand third with two victories and one defeat, while the USA are placed second with two wins and two losses.

Shukla emphasised that the team’s strength lies in its balance and the ability of different players to deliver under pressure, reinforcing his confidence that India can go all the way in the tournament.

Continue Reading

Cricket news

India crush Namibia by 93 runs to go top of Group A in T20 World Cup

India defeated Namibia by 93 runs in New Delhi to register their biggest T20 World Cup win and climb to the top of Group A.

Published

on

india vs namibia

India registered their biggest-ever win in T20 World Cup history with a commanding 93-run victory over Namibia in New Delhi on Thursday, moving ahead of Pakistan at the top of Group A on net run-rate.

Despite posting a formidable 209 for 9, India’s batting effort was not entirely flawless, as Namibia captain Gerhard Erasmus delivered an impressive spell of 4 for 20 to keep his side in contention during the middle overs.

Kishan and Pandya lead the charge

India’s innings was anchored by a blistering knock from Ishan Kishan, who smashed 61 off just 24 balls. His explosive stroke play included five sixes and six boundaries, bringing up a rapid half-century that laid a strong platform.

Hardik Pandya continued the momentum with a 28-ball 52, striking four sixes and four boundaries. He also shared a brisk 81-run partnership with Shivam Dube (23 off 16 balls) in just 6.3 overs to take India beyond the 200-mark.

Sanju Samson made a quick 22 off eight deliveries, including three sixes, but failed to convert his start. Skipper Suryakumar Yadav also could not capitalise, scoring 12 before being stumped off left-arm spinner Bernard Scholtz.

While the surface at the Kotla was flat, Erasmus’ variations — including side-arm deliveries and bowling from behind the crease — created discomfort for several Indian batters, including Kishan, Pandya and Tilak Varma (25).

Namibia bowled out for 116

Chasing 210, Namibia struggled against India’s varied attack and were bowled out for 116 in 18.2 overs.

Varun Chakravarthy was the standout performer with figures of 3 for 7 in two overs, while Pandya contributed with 2 for 21 in four overs. Axar Patel also chipped in with 2 for 20 as Namibia’s resistance faded after a brief show of aggressive intent.

The result leaves India needing just one win from their remaining two matches to qualify for the Super Eights stage.

With Pakistan next in sight, the comprehensive win provides India with momentum, though the contest against Namibia revealed areas that will demand sharper execution in the high-pressure clash ahead.

Continue Reading

Cricket news

Pakistan clears team to face India at T20 World Cup, cites spirit of cricket

Pakistan has reversed its boycott call and officially allowed its cricket team to face India at the T20 World Cup, citing the spirit of cricket and global commitments.

Published

on

Pakistan has officially allowed its national cricket team to play against India in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, bringing an end to days of uncertainty over the high-profile February 15 clash. The decision follows a late-night government notification reversing an earlier stance to boycott the match.

In its statement, the Pakistan government said the move was taken after considering outcomes of multilateral discussions and appeals from friendly nations. It added that the decision was aimed at protecting the spirit of cricket and ensuring continuity of the global sport.

The clearance means the India-Pakistan match will proceed as scheduled, putting to rest speculation surrounding one of the most watched fixtures in world cricket.

Diplomatic outreach preceded reversal

The turnaround came after discussions involving the Pakistan Cricket Board, Bangladesh Cricket Board and the International Cricket Council, which were held in Lahore. Around the same time, Bangladesh cricket officials urged Pakistan to reconsider its position in the interest of the wider cricketing ecosystem.

Bangladesh’s cricket board chief publicly appealed to Pakistan to take the field, framing the request as one made for the benefit of the game. The appeal also provided Pakistan with diplomatic space to revise its earlier position without appearing to retreat unilaterally.

Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had earlier publicly supported a boycott of the India match, linking it to developments involving Bangladesh. The subsequent outreach from regional partners helped create a pathway for Islamabad to change course.

ICC stance and broader implications

Following the talks, the ICC confirmed that no penalties would be imposed on Bangladesh despite its non-participation in the tournament. Bangladesh has already been replaced by Scotland in the competition lineup.

The world body also reiterated that all member boards are expected to honour their commitments to ICC events and work collectively to ensure the success of the tournament.

The ICC acknowledged the role played by all stakeholders in resolving the issue, stating that dialogue was conducted in a constructive manner focused on integrity, neutrality and cooperation.

PCB reaction and earlier demands

Before the official government clearance, Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Mohsin Naqvi had indicated that the board was not concerned about possible sanctions. During discussions with ICC officials, the PCB had raised demands including resumption of bilateral cricket with India and a proposed tri-series involving Bangladesh.

While bilateral cricket was ruled outside the ICC’s jurisdiction, the tri-series proposal did not find support.

With the government’s approval now in place, Pakistan will take the field against India as scheduled, marking a formal end to the boycott episode.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com